Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    lol /me runs of to www.kdcomputers.com

Originally posted by PowerHungry
    You know, nobody said that, contact KD Computers, they even have a toll free number.

They sell both Asus motherboards and the AX-7, if anybody knows Dave will???

But whatever you do DO SOMETHING instead of wavering back and forth, everybody has tried to help you, now its time to help yourself!!
    Thanx Dad for giving him a good swift kick in the buttocks.

Lol btw, this is my current HSF dimensions

:60x60x10 mm

Originally posted by Faction
    Lol btw, this is my current HSF dimensions

:60x60x10 mm
    You should just shoot urself now silly. Through away the stock coolermaster fan.. at best those things put out 19CFM. If thats too loud for ya, buy a pocket calculator. Only way its gonna get more quiet.

p.s. Even teh koolance cases need a couple of fans to cool the radiator. Wouldnt be much quieter than what you have and in fact may be louder.

Yeah its 21 CFM. Maybe thats the problem

here it is :\

http://www.pentalpha.com.tw/apsk0160.htm

Bottom-of-the-barrel cooler yields bottom-of-the-barrel cooling? Shocking!!!

PH, I gotta have one too since reading your review.

I'm thinking that I will use a 50 cfm Sunon (40dB) because I have several of those. If it's too loud, I'll get a Panaflo.
    "We share half our genes with the banana. This is a fact more evident in some of my acquaintances than others." - Robert Mays

Ok my current HSF fits just barely, with a really small margin of space left.

Current = 63.5 x 80 x 40mm
    AX-7 = 77 x 77 x 80 mm

My width is 63.5--> 77 looks impossible/

thats how mine is. the red circled capasitator things are like right up against the HSF.

Cool

Faction, do me a favor and look at the review again, did you happen to notice that the dimensions you list for the AX-7 are the top and not the base!!

CapZap, it all depends on how much noise is to much for you, that's why I tested with different fans!!

Ok, i just realized that if they are both bases.. then the upper part is just expanding it or whatever. Sorry for bein stupid

Faction, just buy the AX-7. Worst problem you could run into is that you may have to file some fins a bit to make a fit. I'm sure slight filing wouldn't hurt performance much. Don't be a wimp, if this is the heatsink you want it can be made to work, provided you have a file and the will to use it. But it'll probably fit without any alterations at all.

I just got my package today from KDComputers with my Thermalright AX-7. It looks like one hell of a heatsink, and is really heavy. I am glad it has the three clips in there for support. I won't be able to install it until later tonight, maybe around 10:30 PM, since I am busy with some other things, so I will post some results for you then. But I can't wait to see it's performance with the TT Smart Fan I have.

Seems like every ax-7 owner has found the weight a little scary. That's the only thing that would keep me from buying it. I want to wait a while and see if any weight-related horror stories surface. I definitely like the peace of mind that comes from knowing my 8045 won't fly off the socket if i bump the computer.

Well, plans got cancelled, so I can install my AX-7. Just have a question. I know this sounds stupid, but how do I install the fan on the AX-7. Like where do the screws and those rubber things go. I have worked with alot of heatsinks, but this one is different.

Ok, what do i need beside the bare heatsink and fan? I dont have any extra screws or anything- and do i need the tail mounting kit or whatevre? [i know im stupid].

[EDIT- OOPS JUST FOUND OUT THESE CASE FANS lol ]

[what i said lol]

BTW, these panaflo looks reallly good http://www.millisec.com/pana12038m.html 85 CFM, 35 dBa..

http://www.millisec.com/pana92bx.html - same.. but 60 CFM..
    Last edited by Faction; 02-22-2002 at 06:44 PM.