Page 5 of 2348 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Namek's Place~

Because I value the input of the people here in the VidCard forum...

I'm looking for a good quiet 60mm fan. TT used to make their 60mm fans 31CFM but now they're 21CFM. Anyone recommend me a replacement? My 38CFM delta is making me deaf (is there such thing as "accumulative hearing loss"? ).

have you checked bigfoot computers? last i looked they had the 31cfm thermaltakes..and yes, they were 31cfm i know cause i had a few and a 21 cfm fan would never have cooled like i needed it to..having had one, they are the delta without the high pitched whine..still not really quiet, but...

Yeah I've checked both Bigfoot and e-Compuvision sites and they both have 60mm 31CFM TT's.

I guess it's time to splurge on some of these. Are there any other 60mm fans that you can recommend with good noise/cooling?

I'm going to slap one on a TBird 1.2 and a Duron 750... so I dunno how much quieter I can get the fan without sacrificing temps.

- Jerky.

the only other ones are papsts or ystechs..papsts are pretty hard to find in canada and are very close to delta noise level..i'm not a big an of ystechs..i find any i've had vibrate my case more! i actually dumped my delta and TT and went with an arkua 7528 heatsink with 70mm fan..cools within about 2 C as well as my delta with sk-6 and does not inhibit overclocking potential at all (i have run this on a 1.2, 1.33 and a 1.4)

frankly, the stock coolermaster will cool just fine with the duron..the 1.2 i think is the bigger issue..if you can do it, frankly do what i did..sell the 1.2 and get an xp1600..i'm contemplating going back to stock cooling fan solution it runs so cool! 7C cooler than my 1.2 gig..i'm going to start by going to 3 L1 panaflos in my case and see what temps are and if i have room to play, will look at quieter solutions yet for the fan as my temps are 31 C idle, 35C at load with the 1600 and that's overclocked from 1400 stock to 1575 and 1.78 volts on cpu.

Hmmm... Looks like a typo. Bigfoot shows a picture of the TT60mm with a sticker over the "21CFM" that says "31CFM"
    (http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merc...gory_Code=0100).

I personally don't want to spend any more money on a new cooler. The SK6 is fine, I just don't like the noise of the Delta.

I'm thinking of upgrading the Duron750 with a XP1700. They've dropped drastically in price this past week. I've seen some retailers selling it for $195 CDN. I think I'm going to pick up one once 1600s disappear from the local market (should mean 1700 @ $170 range). Maybe I'll pick up a quieter fan (24CFM range?) for the 1700 then.

The 1.2 TBird will likely stay for now. I'll probably get a TT to put on it to reduce the noise a bit.

- Jerky.

understood about the new cooler thing..that is exactly how mine came from bigfoot..i believe the fan was improved by everflow the manufacturer for T & T and brought to a better spec and and packing existed and rather than throw it all out, they relabeled..but, yep, that's it and no way it's 21cfm..too fast and loud to be 21cfm.... but definitely improvement over deltas. that's what i'm considered is something like a 21 to 27cfm fan..i'll have to hunt around..i have a volcano 6CU i think in my second box..maybe a 6 CU+..if it's the 6CU, i may swap it into my xp box..i agree on 1700's..if i had to buy it cash instead of a trade, i would have got one..i noted last week that the 1600 and 1700 were the same price at ncix!

Jerky..the 60mm fan is for your CPU right? If it is, look into a Thermalright AX-7 heatsink and use the 80mm fan of your chocie...

If it's not (perhaps a strange video card heatsink?) then check out www.kdcomputers.com which I believe sells some non-TT 24 or 27cfm fans...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Hey JungleMan. Yes the AX-7 is mighty sweet! Just the idea of putting a higher CFm fan with lower dbA's is really tempting... but I really don't want to spend any more money on a new cooler. I spent $65 CDN (~$45 USD) on the SK6+Delta... I at least want to milk the SK6 for a little while longer before giving it up.

I'll probably go with the TT 31CFM. They're so damn cheap. How can I not buy some?

Tenax:
    With XP chips running as cool as they do... maybe old Chrome Orbs will do nicely? I remember them being really quiet... maybe they're useful for something afterall?

- Jerky.

Originally posted by Jerky
    I'll probably go with the TT 31CFM. They're so damn cheap. How can I not buy some?
    That is not a bad choice, it doesn't quite run at 31cfm (but not 21 either) but it is quiet and cools decently. the SK6 is an excellent copper heatsink so a less powerful fan should do fine.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

some say it's actually 27-28cfm..that may be correct i suppose.

Originally posted by tenax
    some say it's actually 27-28cfm..that may be correct i suppose.
    I think it's somewhere aroudn there.

I used to have an SK6 with a Delta 30cfm, which I replaced with the TT 31cfm. Temps were a couple of degrees higher, but a little less noise.

(I later discovered that the main source of noise was coming from my power supply fan, which was replaced quickly and easily with a Panaflo L1A for about $2.50. )

On a side note, if you're interested in the Panaflos they are at www.bgmicro.com. 24cfm, 80mm, untailed. $2.50 a piece. a steal.

I'm actually thinking of doing a 7v mod on my Delta. I wonder if running that fan at 7v will make it a reasonable fan? Any guesses as to what the effective output of the Delta would be at 7v?

I'll try it out tomorrow and post my results.

- Jerky.
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

Originally posted by JungleMan

I think it's somewhere aroudn there.

I used to have an SK6 with a Delta 30cfm, which I replaced with the TT 31cfm. Temps were a couple of degrees higher, but a little less noise.

(I later discovered that the main source of noise was coming from my power supply fan, which was replaced quickly and easily with a Panaflo L1A for about $2.50. )

On a side note, if you're interested in the Panaflos they are at www.bgmicro.com. 24cfm, 80mm, untailed. $2.50 a piece. a steal.
    thanks for the link! i was trying to find this earlier today! by the way, wizardzwrath bought 20 of these for customers and is selling me 4..i asked him if they were tailless and he said no..that they have a 2pin out connector!

Originally posted by Jerky
    I'm actually thinking of doing a 7v mod on my Delta. I wonder if running that fan at 7v will make it a reasonable fan? Any guesses as to what the effective output of the Delta would be at 7v?

I'll try it out tomorrow and post my results.

- Jerky.
    I odn't know anything about it...

If the 7v mod isn't too much trouble go for it. Althoguh I don't think you'll ever eliminate the inherently whiny motors in Delta fans...

On another side note, in addition to their Delta Screamer fans, Delta also makes circular saws (there's one in the garage with that notorious Delta logo on it). I'm guessing the two are about the same volume.

That is a pretty sweet deal. If I had a real need for 80mm fans, I'd buy these for sure. Us Canadians should figure out a system for shipping goods from the US to Canada for cheap (free?).

Either that or pressure some of the Canadian retailers to start stocking Panaflos.
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter