Page 8 of 2347 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Namek's Place~

Great meal. Thanks for second bottle of Lafite. Who can argue with a 59.....on the house. Thanks Namek. The airhead....aka California girl has to get to my phone system pronto....seems NASA is waiting for her call. Her codename is duh. Password: Bitchin. Im so mentally challenged.......I cant wait for the conversation. Like wow man. The things we do for love!.. Ha! JimZ. Into the 944. If I survive ....Ill be back.

Originally posted by spirol

is that the one in Queen st? I've been there and they sell some cheap stuff. I going to buy some LED's tommorow ...
    Yep. There are two places... there's Active Surplus and Supreme Electronics. Supreme has all the stuff you'll need, but may be a bit more expensive. Active Surplus is probably cheaper if you can find what you're looking for.

Supreme is on the South side of Queen closer to University (that's where I bought my SPDT switches and patch panels).

If you're at Active Surplus, pick up a Pentium HSF for $2. It's worth the fan on it!

- Jerky.

Hey! What does it take to get a drink around here?!

*looks around*

Not much...Jus yell for the bartender...

Here ya go man.

Namek

Originally posted by Jerky

Yep. There are two places... there's Active Surplus and Supreme Electronics. Supreme has all the stuff you'll need, but may be a bit more expensive. Active Surplus is probably cheaper if you can find what you're looking for.

Supreme is on the South side of Queen closer to University (that's where I bought my SPDT switches and patch panels).

If you're at Active Surplus, pick up a Pentium HSF for $2. It's worth the fan on it!

- Jerky.
    yup... I did bought some for my watercooling experiment... The fan that they have doesn't give a lot of CFM's... DO you know a place that sells used fridge? I have one near my area but it's about 199 canadian. I'm looking for less than 100

email: lrufo6666ATrogersDOTCOM

hey folks..trying to get my CD burner to be recognized in Nero.

Win2k any suggestions?
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

ya try blindwrite or cdclone they work better.
    Foxx

Hot deals trading rules
    rig
    950 i7 core,evga ftw3 mobo,3x2 gigpc12000,1xevga480, 4 x 74 g raptors, 2- 500gb seagates,46inch lcd monitor max res 1920\1080,obsidian 800d

Originally posted by spirol

yup... I did bought some for my watercooling experiment... The fan that they have doesn't give a lot of CFM's... DO you know a place that sells used fridge? I have one near my area but it's about 199 canadian. I'm looking for less than 100
    No idea. Ummm... Can't you find cheap bar fridges from Cdn. Tire for $100 or less? You could also try the pawn shops on Church/Jarvis (bring your gun ).

- Jerky.

Originally posted by Jerky

No idea. Ummm... Can't you find cheap bar fridges from Cdn. Tire for $100 or less? You could also try the pawn shops on Church/Jarvis (bring your gun ).

- Jerky.
    Nope... Walmart have it buy it's 299... Church/Jarvis is a tough area... I wouldn't want to get beat up for a cheap fridge...:P:P:P
    Cops might think I stole it running around with a mini fridge in that area... Anyways, I will just wait for the t-bred...

email: lrufo6666ATrogersDOTCOM

TT60mm fan madness

Ok guys, you need to help me out. I've been told that there are two types of TT60mm fans. Ones that run at 0.17 amps are 21CFM and those at 0.19 amps are 31CFM.

I went to the following sites and they all show/state 0.17amps while saying 31CFM (even the stickers on the fan say 0.17A). If you go to the TT site they say their 60mm fan is 21CFM at 0.17 A.

There seems to be a bit of confusion over this and I'm probably just making it worse.

Anyone help me out?

Links:
    http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merc...gory_Code=0100
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ther60.html
    http://www.systemlogic.net/reviews/h...ltake/60mmkit/
    http://www.thecardcooler.com/shopcar...ifications.htm
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products/dcfan/6025.htm

- Jerky.

i would suggest contacting bigfoot with the same question and if they can verify ....there is a guy from there who posts over at the canadian corner section you could email or pm from there..

Tenax yhm and thanks ... when the cash comes help yourself to 50$ canadian[lol had to through that can$ in there].
    Foxx

Hot deals trading rules
    rig
    950 i7 core,evga ftw3 mobo,3x2 gigpc12000,1xevga480, 4 x 74 g raptors, 2- 500gb seagates,46inch lcd monitor max res 1920\1080,obsidian 800d

Sheesh! I think I come up with a different cooling scheme each minute... I guess it keeps my options open.

Anyway, here's my latest idea.

I'm thinking of slapping an 80mm fan on the SK6 using the standard 25mm fan clips. I've taken a look at the selection of 80mm fans from Bigfoot and E-Compuvision and they have a nice range between 30CFM-36CFM, 29-33dbA.

It'll cost me the same as a 60mm fan and I can reuse the 80mm when I upgrade to an AX-7 (or whatever) in the future.

Thoughts? Should I go for high RPM or lower RPM? SK6 is a complicated beast and not every fan will perform well on it.

- Jerky.

Originally posted by tenax
    i would suggest contacting bigfoot with the same question and if they can verify ....there is a guy from there who posts over at the canadian corner section you could email or pm from there..
    I've emailed ThermalTake... we'll see if they get back to me on this.

- Jerky.

i have found the sk-6 does NOT work great with lower velocity fans..that's why i got rid of it..i tried different 80mm including using a funnel to direct air rather than clips..was very disappointed..it has been said timeand time again that the sk-6 needs high velocity airflow.