Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by JungleMan

I personally like the 8xx series better since it has dual intakes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So does 10xx series

Actually the 8xx series has 3 intakes.
    I personally just use the front 2.. I have tried using 3 fans,
    but my cpu temp went up by 1c. with the 3rd fan you can keep those harddrives cooler.

Joe

Originally posted by Dublas
    So which is the better of the 2 cases (value/performance/air flow)?

Antec Performance Plus 880 (430w True psu) or the Antec SX1040 (400w psu)?

The SX1040 has more expandability (which I won't fully use) and a less powerful psu. The Plus 880 has a more powerful psu and front side usb/firewire (but the case hasn't been reviewed yet).

Which would be the best bet??

front USB works fine on the 1080 case. nice feature. I dont have a board with FireWire so I couldnt test it, but I wouldthink it would work fine. They use seperate wire pinning so you plug each wire in individually just in case someone doesnt follow the specs.

More power options for 6xx series Performancce Plus cases?

AntecRep,

Could you please suggest upping the available PS options for the 6xx series Performance Plus cases. Going from the Performance Series to the performance Plus series, there is a loss of 20 Watts. It would be nice if there were an option to purchase a 6xx series Performance Plus case with the new 380W PS. I like the smaller form factor of the case, but I would also like to be able to leave some power overhead for future upgrades.

Thanks,
    Robert

Anyone using the fan in the hard drive bay? ...end of the HD sticks out a good deal (I would guess 80mm) I am still thinking this one over...I like having the drive in the very middle, as air flows over both sides, but not sure if the drive sticks out too much...anyone?
    "What is well-known isn't necessarily known merely because it is well-known" --Hegel

Actually you're only losing total watts, but the pp352X still uses combined outputs so you're restricted on the watts you can use on the +5V, +3.3V rails.

Combined output for +5V, +3.3V for the PP352X is 180Watts.
    Add in the +12V you're at 323Watts.

True 330 on the +5V max output is 150 Watts, +3.3v 92.4.
    The +12V, +5V, and +3.3V max output is 310Watts

So on all three rails you're only losing 13 watts at the maximum output. Even then many issues people face come from the +5v rail (at least as far as I've seen).

AntecRep