Any Way To Connect Klipsch Speakers To CD Player?

Just wondering if there is a way. I love the Klipsch 2.1 Speakers Set. They really shake my whole house, and that is only on the low volume! Just wanted to know if there is any way to also hook up these speakers to a boom box, or a CD Player. I don't want to always turn on my computer, to play a CD, just to hear these bad boys. If there is, someone please tell me, and also if I need to buy anytype of cable to do it. Thanks again.

Just plug them into the line out jack...

Naz20xl:

Just plug them into the line out jack on your portable CD player. For example, I'm looking at a Sony Discman D-E301 CD player, and the line out jack is on the back, next to the power jack.

Here is the official Klipsch website description, and it includes the compatibility statement that says this works:

The ProMedia 2.1 THX®-Certified, three-piece computer audio system transforms your desktop into a high-performance audio entertainment center. It’s exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix® Horn maximizes digital technologies such as CDs, MP3 downloads, streaming radio programs and other popular personal audio applications, and delivers a level of power and accuracy never before available. The 200-watt digital hybrid amplifier driven ProMedia 2.1 incorporates a convenient headphone jack as well as a miniplug input that makes it compatible with gaming consoles and most portable audio devices. http://www.Klipsch.com

If you need an extension cable, use a headphone extension cable for miniplug connections, and get it at Radio Shack.
    Allen (aka BigAl of Big Al's Computers)

See OsbornAgain at www.bigal-computers.net

Lightbulb Update.....

Naz20x1:

I reviewed the Klipsch 2.1 Promedia manual I had, and determined that the best location for you to connect your CD player is at the control pod, where that musical note symbol is near one of the two jacks. The headphone jack (it has a headphone symbol) is an output only, but the musical note jack is an input jack for MP3 / auxiliary devices. This input has a + 6dB input sensitivity to compensate for the lower output voltage of portable players, like the CD player.

So, the cable you need must have male-type plugs (1/8" stereo mini-plugs) on both ends - it's not just a headphone extension cord, since there is no female jack on one end. Therefore, here is the Radio Shack cable you need to purchase:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=42%2D2607

Description:

6' Gold-Plated Shielded Cable

$9.99 Reg. Price Brand: RadioShack
    Cat.#: 42-2607 Model: 42-2607

Remember to plug this cable between the line out jack of your CD player, and the musical note input jack on the control pod.
    Let me know how good it sounds. Also, this signal will be mixed with the other sounds going through your Klipsch speakers, meaning the ones coming from your soundcard of the computer. I recommend disabling the sound output of your computer if it is running while you have the CD player plugged in, or you should just power up the Klipsch speakers with the computer off.
    Allen (aka BigAl of Big Al's Computers)

See OsbornAgain at www.bigal-computers.net