Hard drive durability and overclocking concern

My motherboard, the ECS K7S5A, doesn't normally allow for overclocking, so I've been experimenting with an OC'ers
    bios from OCworkbench. The computer has been running without any problems at 150/150MHz for about about 14 hours. I've used the computer for most of the day, and played Unreal Tournament for about 1-1/2 hours. No detectable problems. Yet.

What effect does overclocking have on the hard drive? It's connected to but not powered by the board. Data is still current. I uderstand there always a risk when running components out of spec. Is this likely to cause a HD failure, data coruption, etc., or just one possibility? Will I see a problem before I've ruined the drive? Also, would a disk utility like the IBM's Disk Manager 2000 detect a problem in time to save it?

Living on the edge,

Thanks
    Last edited by Apogeal1; 06-07-2002 at 07:32 AM.
    "I despise people who go to the gutter on either the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have had my ecs o/ced for months at a time, with no problems, but it is possible to corrupt the windows installation if you overclock too high.

If there's no data corruption present, there really isn't anything much to worry about.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display