http://www.epox.com/html/english/pro...rd/ep-8kta.htm

[This message has been edited by dieu (edited 06-04-2000).]

Okay I give up. Where does the socket A plug into or is it like the socket7. It obviously isn't a Slot A

White square to the left of the DIMM slots, at the top of the board near center?

Why is it the pictures of the Thunderbird that I have seen show a slot and not a socket 7 type design. such as:
    http://www.athlonmb.com/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000018.html

This is a Duron board, not Thunderbird. Right, dieu?

------------------
    -Ryan Shrout
    -Production Manager
    -rshrout@athlonmb.com

from what i know, duron and thunderbirds will be interchangeable. obviously they have to be socketed processors. the first thunderbirds we will see will be slot though, along with the socket duron, the thunderbirds will only be available to oems (like we can get ahold of them , ha!). shortly thereafter copper (maybe 0.13 also) socket thunderbords will show up (maybe also 512K cache @ full speed!). im not quite sure, but i believe the thunderbirds will be called athlon, but the code name is WAY cooler.

------------------
    spud@athlonmb.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan:
    This is a Duron board, not Thunderbird. Right, dieu?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is for both the Duron and Thunderbird; so I'm told by Epox.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spud:
    from what i know, duron and thunderbirds will be interchangeable. obviously they have to be socketed processors. the first thunderbirds we will see will be slot though, along with the socket duron, the thunderbirds will only be available to oems (like we can get ahold of them , ha!). shortly thereafter copper (maybe 0.13 also) socket thunderbords will show up (maybe also 512K cache @ full speed!). im not quite sure, but i believe the thunderbirds will be called athlon, but the code name is WAY cooler.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right on Spud. I believe that AMD has something up their sleeves with regard to preserving the Athlon name over the Thunderbird; which is way cooler.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spud:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right on Spud. I believe that AMD has something up their sleeves with regard to preserving the Athlon name over the Thunderbird; which is way cooler.

[This message has been edited by dieu (edited 06-03-2000).]

Talking

Damnit man! Where's the DDR support?

I really hate how they placed those ribbon connectors.

------------------

Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised) are called hardware; those program instructions that you can only curse at are called software.

[This message has been edited by El Diablo (edited 06-01-2000).]