Does anyone know if the new Thunderbirds are mutilplier locked? That would really blow!

Yes they are and yes it blows.

Seems that the Slot A versions are not multiplier locked and still have their golden fingers in the same location and functional as well. Saw the Slot A versions over at Tom's Hardware. BTW, does this mean there is a possibility of Slotket A with an onboard GFD? That would really be nice unless the Socket A version has pins missing for the corresponding GF traces as the Slot A version.

Updated information. Take a look...

http://www.aceshardware.com/board/ge...ssage_id=16885

Very interesting read over at Ace's and the traces on the Socket A and the possibility of changing the multiplier and voltages via the traces. Also, mentioned that some of the KT133 motherboards may possibly implement multipliers via the bios.

BTW, getting off the track here a little but, the KT133 is a modified KX133 with a broader timing tolerance that is compatible with the new Thunderbird. I have a suspicion that the Abit KA7 with SoftMenu III has the ability to manipulate the multiplier through the bios and is not activated if the above is true. I may be wishing for too much though! I guess only time will tell.