Hi, I have a P2 400, Voodoo 3, SB Sound Card, 256 MB ram, 56k modem system with nothing overclocked and all with the latest drivers but Unreal Tournament keeps crashing on me. I'm lucky if I even get to finish one level. I've run out of things to try and you guys will be my last hope. There is no reason that this game should not like my system. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

When it crashes does it just go to windows, does it give a blue screen of death, or are you getting a general protection fault error? Have you tried running the game in safe mode? Sorry only questions for now. Hopefully answers to come.

------------------
    Got Milk???

Arrow

I had the same problem. I switched drivers for my TNT2 from 5.16 to 5.22 and back to 5.16 (5.22 don't like my card) and UT runs well now. The keyboard keeps locking though...
    Try it! It worked for me more than twice!!!

------------------
    Still watching Windows freak...

When it crashes it goes to what kinda looks like the BSOD but it is all fuzzy (unreadable). At this point everything is locked up and I have no choice but to reboot. I am running 98SE. UT runs fine in safe mode. Remember I have a Voodoo 3 and I have used different drivers including the latest ones. There are no beta drivers being used anywhere in this system. I think that it just doesn't like something with my video card but I just can't figure out what.

Thanks again

How long have you been running this Voodoo card?? I'm running a Voodoo3 3000 AGP w/TV out. It runs fine. I even have it O/C'd to 183mhz. If you can run in safe mode then it must be a driver issue since safemode doesn't crank anything except the bare min. I would start in safe mode and enable one thing at a time to see what is causing the problem. My guess would be sound card I've seen some strange things caused by a sound card. Try enabling the sound and see what happens. This is a long process but you will be able to narrow it down to the device. I had problems with the last set of official Voodoo drivers released. Currently I'm running 1.04.07 beta. What UT ver are you running?? Let me know what you find out.

------------------
    Got Milk???

I have used a voodoo3 recently while I sent off my Viper to get repaired and the voodo kicked me out too, I was using non beta drivers as well. I think that the card just can't take it. Maybe an Athlon voodoo incompatibility or something. Get you a Geforce or a TNT2Ultra or find a way to mount a fan on top of your heatsink to keep it cool like an old k6 or pentium fan