I replaced the Kingmax PC2700 ram on my A7V333 with Crucial, but found I still couldn't get it to run stable at 2-2-2-5. I read through the past threads regarding the jp1/jp2 settings, and came away with the impression that upping the voltage wasn't necessarily a good thing, in that the RAM has its own regulator that would negate any increase, as well as producing more heat.

Needless to say, I tried it anyway, switching jp1 from 1-2 to 2-3, and jp2 from 2-3 to 1-2. And several hours later, the computer still seems to be running fine with the memory at 2-2-2-5.

What's more, I also glued a Crystal Orb to my Radeon 8500, and that (with the addition of little heatsinks stuck to all its ram) has allowed me to reach new heights in its overclocking. From the default 275/275 I had been able to reach 295/295, and now I'm cruising along at 315/315, and my 3DMark2001se score has risen above the 9200 mark!

Next step: I'm finally gonna break down and try unlocking my XP 1900+. I recently bought a bottle of "Liquid Electrical Tape", which contains a gooey liquid that you can paint onto bare wires instead of taping them...and it occurred to me that it might be perfect for filling in unwanted CPU pits...