Thread: K7V + Geforce

Question

Is the k7v a much better board to run the geforce on? I am getting tired of the k7m and all of its problems. What is the word on the k7v + geforce?

Thanks,

Chaucer

I believe, and he can correct me if I'm mistaken, that Cannyone said the Geforce was stable on the KX133 chipset which the K7V uses. I want to make the same upgrade but I'm not sure either.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaucer:
    Is the k7v a much better board to run the geforce on? I am getting tired of the k7m and all of its problems. What is the word on the k7v + geforce?

Thanks,

Chaucer
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The K7V is not a better platform for the GeForce. Actually, any KX133 board is not an ideal environment for the GeForce.

You are still going to experience issues relating to fastwrites and AGP 4X support. Further, Nvidia's newer driversets, 5.14, and 5.16 replace AGP 4X for AGP 2X. And fastwrites by default is disabled within the BIOS. There is a reason for this.

I did discover that by removing the sound card (Aureal), I was able to play NFS PU with AGP 4X and fastwrites enabled without any serious problems to date. The driverset I would recommend is 5.13.

Question

What is this driver set you are talking about?