I am still having win2k issues with my k7m, and win98 still works perfectly. Can anyone out there vouch either for or against the SBLive in win2k? If so, what drivers are you using, the default drivers on the 2000 disk or the liveware 2.0 drivers from Creative? Right now I'm using the liveware 2.0 drivers, and my box will randomly freeze (in 2D, I will be simply moving my mouse accross the desktop, or something similarly trivial). The only other device in my box I thought might be the issue was my logitech usb mouse, so if anyone out there has that working in 2000, could you post that too? Thanks in advance

someone named Astrauss was posting about what he said was a hardware problem that ASUS admitted was a problem with the K7M when using Win2k. I tried and tried to get him to elaborate on the issue and ASUS's response, but he was being difficult for some unknown reason. I was unable to find out the details before the site went down. But apparently there is a problem with the board that doesn't show up unless you are running win2k. This leads me to think that either win2k is attempting to use AGP2x, SuperBypass or Sidebanding in it's drivers and is causing the GeForce noise issue. This is causing the random lockups (my theory anyway). I just heard about the win2k service pack that is supposed to be coming out soon. That may fix the problem, or it may not. I have no problems in win 98se and, since I also have the GeForce, I will stay here until win2k (with it's many, many bugs--30,000 of em--) is more stable. My suggestion is to stay with 98. GL

------------------

Bico

--Welcome to "The Lunatic Fringe"--

Can't vouch for it since I'm not running WIN2000, but here is the link to the latest SBLive! Liveware for WIN2000. I don't think they have WIN2000 drivers out yet.

Hope it helps.
    http://www.soundblaster.com/liveware/w2k/

Thumbs up

I have a K7M board, and the two devices that you mentioned worked fine for me. I have been stable since flashing to Rev. 1009 of BIOS. If you need any advice, I will be happy to assist as much as I can.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmac6:
    I have a K7M board, and the two devices that you mentioned worked fine for me. I have been stable since flashing to Rev. 1009 of BIOS. If you need any advice, I will be happy to assist as much as I can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What drivers did you install after the default win2k install? and what stepping is your motherborad? Any info to isolate my problem is greatly appreciated. I'm using the 1008 bios right now, so I'll try upgrading to see if it has any effect.

I think Bico is correct - I believe the Win2k detonator drivers (v5.xx) default the AGP transfer speed to 2x. If I try to change it using one of the utilities it locks up immediately. Using the AGP filter driver supplied on from the mobo CD, the detonator 5.16 drivers, and increasing the VIO to 3.56 has made my system pretty stable in 2D - I get an occasional lock up in 3D games though...

duplicate post - sorry

[This message has been edited by Bill Boyles (edited 05-17-2000).]