Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by qwerty57
    you know what the truth is yes I wanted to sell it but mostly to someone in florida I don't know anyone I talk to in these forums so I thought about it then I had issues with my abit so I decided to keep it.. thats the reson I didn't want any money first becasue I was never sure about it.. and whats this about Icronic I never ever browse anyforum but overclocking and video so all this deal depot whatever is crap. you go through every post I ever did over there and see where I tryed to sell anything.. whoever wants to hate me fine I know what I did was fuc*ed up I should have been strait from the Get go but I didn't so sue me..

Well at least you admit you did something wrong.

I don't understand about the 'you know what the truth is yes I wanted to sell it but mostly to someone in florida' line.

When you wanted to sell your Computer because you were shipping out for military service where there 'was lots of sand'... you said you wanted to sell your entire PC to someone in Florida.

I emailed you immediately and said that I had a place in Florida, and would be there in a few weeks since my daughter was going to college in Florida. I thought that she could use your PC at school.

Then you stopped talking about going into the military and said that you had purchased a new Abit MB and would sell your motherboard/ 1500 XP unlocked CPU/ and copper HSF as soon as the 7VRXP rev 1.1 came back from from the Gigabyte RMA and you had a day to test it before shipping it to me in Colorado.

So I bought the parts [mostly from newegg] and built a new PC , and my daughter got machine 1.

Good thing, eh?

Sounds like she would have been set up for major problems if I'd bought your computer. Problems like no computer, only numerous delays, excuses, then unanswered/ deleted emails, then insults, and then a halfhearted admission of wrongdoing. That sure would have caused a lot of harm to a college freshman.

On August 18, you joked with RickD1 about selling the 7VRXP motherboard cheap, and then you confirmed that the parts were mine and that you were only joking with him.

Then you said that you sold the Abit to a friend for twice what it cost, and needed some time to get a second Abit. You also wanted to OC the rev 1.1 and see what it could do after the Gigabyte modification.

I wrote you a couple of times from Florida and you said that you were now leaving for the military on Nov 4, 2002 for 4 years. You never answered my questions about which branch of service etc. But you said that you figured that you were through with computers as a hobby since you would be stationed overseas.

Just like the first time selling the entire computer, I said that if you stayed in touch I would be happy to send stuff like food, music, bug repellant, etc ... and now computer parts .... to help you and your buddies, if you were stationed out in the desert or far from an real base with a PX/ BX.

Then you said the MB/ CPU/ HSF/ and now Memory were on the way next morning with tracking number ,and you would have sent me a new Volcano 9 HSF but it weighed 2 pounds.

So from the start you knew that I was in Florida, my daughter was in college in Florida, and you asked me when I was in Florida: " what part?" .

I told you Orlando.

So something still doesn't jive Qwert.

If the second Abit went in for an RMA why didn't you email me and tell me you needed more time? There are no posts that you had problems with it. In fact your best scores with the Abit were a day or so after my board was to have shipped.

And why did you delete my emails and log off when I IM'ed you?

If the Abit was fried and you were in Orlando all you had to do was tell me.

If you admit that you made a mistake... then keep your word, and please send the parts to me as soon as your 2nd Abit comes back from repair. I already purchased the other parts to build my friend a PC, and he can't afford any more money.
    Last edited by GBR; 09-23-2002 at 01:43 PM.

Querty

I am quite disappointed after being pointed to this thread in seeing how you handled yourself in this matter my friend. Even tho you got your chops broken here...I would have hoped to have seen you conduct yourself in a more mature and constructive manner without "bitch slap" connotations, etc, included.

As the Forum Moderator of the Team you represent in your Sig...I am very disappointed in all this. I wish to convey to Tigsman and all AMDMB members participating in this thread....that his behaviour here does not represent the kind of folks we have at XtremeSystems. I myself am a longtime member here..and I apologize to all of you for my Teamates behavior here.

Querty...I ask you to do the same and would ask Tigsman to close this thread after such time Querty does so.

Thank you,

Randi

To everyone here at AMDMB.com that I offended In anyway I want to take this time to say Im sorry and apologize for my actions in dealing with this stiuation..GBR since I cant send the mobo yet Ill send you the cpu and memory out first thing tommorow morning and this will happen...just email me the info one more time and this thread can die

GBR

I want to be kept abreast of this situation....Querty I have faith you'll keep your end of the bargain up this time..please be timely.

I would like to see this trade benefit both sides...and hopefully everyone will come away satisfied.

My email is MrIcee@xtremesystems.org. Let me know how things have turned out please

Thank you,

Randi

Originally posted by MrIcee
    GBR

I want to be kept abreast of this situation....Querty I have faith you'll keep your end of the bargain up this time..please be timely.

I would like to see this trade benefit both sides...and hopefully everyone will come away satisfied.

My email is MrIcee@xtremesystems.org. Let me know how things have turned out please

Thank you,

Randi
    Will do! Thanks!

as requested, thread closed. If you need to open this thread again GBR, u can.

T

Alright.

Randi, I would like to see Querty removed from your team. Since this problem started he has broken past 13k, 14k and now 15k with his new motherboard.

Obviously something is going on here and I dont like it.

GBR, please contact trollhunters to make them aware of what happened in your deal and that it was only a partial deal, since u got the CPU and MEM(??). Next would be if he has any heatware to leave him negative heatware if you so desire since the deal was broken midstream with no motherboard sent.

T

Thanks Tigs! I'll follow up on your advice!

I won't bother the other forum members with this anymore. I think I've followed the standard guidelines for outing a troll.

Not that I went looking for one.

Angry

Tigs

You have mail. Again...he is no longer part of the Xtreme Team..and was removed at the time this thread was closed. He answers none of my emails....if the powers that be can edit our team name out of his sig, please do so immediately. I would also suggest banning him.

Randi

NEW "B"

Well i agree with it all but anyone who has the patience of grb needs a metal

Giving time to test and waiting would not be in any agreement I make - Dates and times have to be set and ONE SECOND after they are not met you have to take action -

I have SEEN READ AND BEEN INVOLVE in this sort of problem which is not unque to the internet

Many a folks have lost the chance to recover there losses because of waiting just one day -

Most companies or individuals will response if you contact them the second things dont arrive -
    yeah I know sometimes it takes months but I contacted many companies and individuals when things did not arrive on time (these days email makes it easier)

And i would say that 90 percent of them went the extra mile to make sure the error was corrected

right now i am dealing with a mag company who droped my sub and i tell them what I want and give them a time and date when I expect a reply or action

The TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO ARE :
    1. Keep records of all your phone calls, letters, and any other contact information you have with the company or individual
    2. When you call or if they call you - write down names, date, time and reason of call

Now a days a lot of companies keep phone call contacts on record but this is not always the case and you can be mislead if you dont remember what was said during a heated discussion

I also keep a general list of who I can forward compliants to
    and the post office is my biggest fan club (LOL)

Im sure most you know this - but it always bears repeating
    Thank you for your time

Starship Warrior

GBR, please contact trollhunters to make them aware of what happened in your deal and that it was only a partial deal, since u got the CPU and MEM(??). Next would be if he has any heatware to leave him negative heatware if you so desire since the deal was broken midstream with no motherboard sent.

I wrote to trollhunters, no response yet.

• Also, I'd like to clarify something you posted above:
    • Despite all the promises...nothing was ever sent by Qwerty57
    • I never received any tracking number
    • I never received any parts, Qwerty never did anything he promised to do in this thread. His 'apology' to the forum was nothing more than a delaying tactic
    • The deal wasn't partial or broken midstream...Qwerty57 simply lied to all of us for 10 weeks , then disappeared for weeks.
    • He closed his email account, and stopped posting under Qwerty57, until he resurfaced this week as if nothing ever happened.
    • And that is the problem. Forum members who never read about Qwerty57's dishonesty would merely think of him as a trustworthy individual and one of the primary expert members and cornerstones of the Abit, Gigabyte, and overclocking forums.

I cannot post about this over and over to warn people who read his posts. It is exhausting for everybody, and spoils our fun.

Other forums like icrontic.com have him listed as a trader to avoid, and xtremesystems.org has removed him from their 3DMark Team and banned him from the forum.

On the plus side, I learned a valuable lesson about the dark side of forums. Even though someone posts 1000's of informative posts and shares our enthusiasm for computing he can still be a horrible person.

Now , I had always avoided trading. But after getting burned by Qwerty57, I decided to learn more about trading and to become a good trader.

Since then, I've met lots of other really great people and have started trading online...but cautiously.

Which is a shame really, since it means that I now have to treat every decent person that I trade with as if they could be another weirdo or crook.

Of course , they are really great guys and are real gentleman and great traders.

I guess my message to other forum members in the Hot Deals forum, is to be careful....learn from the various guides on trading and avoiding, or outing, trolls.

The heatware.com and tech-monkeys.com sites are a step in the right direction. And structuring a deal so that you are protected is essential.

It is also very difficult to do, since in every deal someone has to trust someone.

Like many things in life, this experience reminds me that it only takes a few people to spoil things for everybody, and it means that we have to work harder to maintain the integrity and friendship of these forums.

Tsk, tsk. Qwerty.

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe - AMD Opteron 1212 HE @ 3.0GHz - 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400C4 @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 -
    BFG 7950GT OC @ 600/1600 - 160GB Seagate SATA2 - 3 x 300GB Seagate SATA1 - Enermax Whisper II 535w
    Heatware

Good information

Your reply is right on the money - I also wrote that reply to give new people some idea of steps to take - cause no matter how careful you are - you might get a bad deal

The two forums you mention are a good resource and i have bookmarked them

I for ONE want to Thank you for warning others of this troll and giving the names of those two sites for others to use

I understand how upset you are and getting the word out to others is the best thing you can do
    Thank you for your time

Starship Warrior

I never liked Qwerty from his first post here on. It seems to me he spent most of his time bragging about his insanely high 3Dmark scores, like I care.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19