Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,852
    Originally posted by Goobee
    Actually, one is my main machine and another does double duty as my web server. Only 2 are 100% dedicated to crunching. They've been pretty stable for me. They really don't like standard DDR though. I've been lucky on the one that's tolerant of standard DDR.
    Would you trust your most stable duallie in a work environment with a lot of I/O??
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  2. #17
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    6,634
    Originally posted by Jay See Bee
    Would you trust your most stable duallie in a work environment with a lot of I/O??
    Actually, it would probably be an improvement. The company I work for only buys IBM PCs. They may make decent servers and mainframes but their PCs suck more than a Hoover.

    I know, yours truly gets to handle the support calls.
    Last edited by Goobee; 09-24-2002 at 12:49 PM.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

  3. #18
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,852
    Originally posted by Goobee
    Actually, it would probably be an improvement. The company I work for only buys IBM PCs. They may make decent servers and mainframes but their PCs suck more than a Hoover.

    I know, yours truly gets to handle the support calls.
    Yep IBM desktop PC's are not that good.

    IBM servers are very stable:
    We've got an IBM dual P3 - 1Ghz has a database server running NT 4 server getting heavy I/O and hasn't experienced a crash or been rebooted in over a year. Thats pretty d*mn good if you ask me
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  4. #19
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    6,634
    Originally posted by Jay See Bee
    Yep IBM desktop PC's are not that good.

    IBM servers are very stable:
    We've got an IBM dual P3 - 1Ghz has a database server running NT 4 server getting heavy I/O and hasn't experienced a crash or been rebooted in over a year. Thats pretty d*mn good if you ask me
    Heh, we've even got AS400s over here running old 3270 stuff. Remember those?
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

  5. #20
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    2,086
    Originally posted by CapZap
    Wow!! And I've been slow posting!! How'd you guys do so well on the BS-o-meter without me?

    Number two dually is now in service. And that ain't no BS!!!.

    oh my Cap has two duallies and I have one what is the world coming to? I swear as soon as I'm over my real life problems...I'm building a duallie every other month!....no BS!

  6. #21
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    6,634
    Originally posted by hassan2121
    oh my Cap has two duallies and I have one what is the world coming to? I swear as soon as I'm over my real life problems...I'm building a duallie every other month!....no BS!
    Uh oh, the meter's really red lining now!

    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •