Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by GBR
    Well, my motherboard is getting some discussion and trollage in the Gigabyte forum.

http://amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154632
    you keep referring to it as "my motherboard" why, you never received it, nor paid for it. and be glad you didn't LOL

Originally posted by kenrippy
    you keep referring to it as "my motherboard" why, you never received it, nor paid for it. and be glad you didn't LOL
    He's being sarcastic.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

i think at the end of the day, you'll be happy if you don't get it..i don't know about you, but i would rather do my own mods and know what i'm in for...you really have to wonder how much he may be stressing the components..i think it really speaks to what an ahole this guy is that he brags about all the mods on a board he intends to sell..i take that back..he's a stupid ahole

Originally posted by tenax
    i think at the end of the day, you'll be happy if you don't get it..i don't know about you, but i would rather do my own mods and know what i'm in for...you really have to wonder how much he may be stressing the components..i think it really speaks to what an ahole this guy is that he brags about all the mods on a board he intends to sell..i take that back..he's a stupid ahole
    well said!

Originally posted by tenax

I have resisted using bad words to express the true level of disdain I have for this guy's conduct....but I hear you loud and clear.

And yes, it is possible that the parts would have been thrashed....

....but I thought that I took care of that with the "payment after testing of the components" arrangement.

Now I realize that the parts could have tested OK ,and then failed prematurely.... but the low cost of the deal reflected the OC'ing , lack of warranty, and repairs.

I'm a big boy, as long as the parts from Qwerty were as described, and worked for 48 hours .... I would have paid Qwerty as agreed and I wouldn't have complained publicly or privately if they failed later.

I would have gotten what I bargained for.... more or less. I just never expected such major weirdness.

A little off the subject and I am in no way taking up for the actions of this person, but, I've tried to sell on forums and decided just to ebay everything. I guess I've been lucky. The items I've bought from forums have always came through as promised. But, when I try to sell it's a different story. It seems I get branded a theif before I even get a chance to deliver. People want me to send the product first because they don't know me, right, like I know them? I always paid first and then the product was delivered, just as the business world works. But, I guess a few bad apples...
    GA-7N400 PRO
    Barton 2500@3200
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    Windows XP
    2X256 Mushkin 3500 II DDR Dual Ch
    Tornado w/ Thermalright SLK800 HS
    Antec True 550 PS
    Thermaltake Xaser II
    No Pets
    WOW! I could have had an Epox!

very good point maynard... some people expect you to extend them credit so to speak...
    guess it depends on the forum , the person , your rep ...

Originally posted by partyguy1214
    very good point maynard... some people expect you to extend them credit so to speak...
    guess it depends on the forum , the person , your rep ...
    In a forum transaction, absent a face to face meeting, one person has to extend credit to the other.

Its either:

- "ship first, and if I get what you promised , and its in the kind of condition you promised, I'll pay"

- or, its: " when I receive payment in some form I trust, I'll ship the product".

I suppose there are cross trades and partial payments...etc. But someone has to trust someone.

I trusted Qwerty57, based on months of forum activity and emails back and forth, and I would have paid him first.....but the nature of the OC'd and repaired equipment required testing first.

Now, it as it turns out; I probably couldn't have trusted Qwerty not to steal the money from a fundraiser for little kids who needed lifesaving medical treatment.

And someone I thought of as a friend in the forums, is now someone who I wouldn't cross the street to P**s on his head, if his brains were on fire.

And the comment about I would be better off not getting the parts from Qwerty57 is true, in retrospect.

The problem here is that he lied, and abused the trust of at least this forum member, and put months of effort intof building up his reputation.

Looking back, it seems clear that he couldn't always keep his stories straight, and his on screen persona started to unravel. [ I just noticed in the thread about highest scores on a 7VRXP, he offered to give someone the 1500 XP CPU he had told me had shipped with the 7VRXP motherboard]

He was really doing everything that a troll does, for what ever twisted ego gratification these pathetic people get from it.

And when he was caught, he disappeared, like trolls do, and maybe started over again with a new screen name.

He lied about shipping the parts, he lied when he promised that the parts had shipped....so, yes, he probably lied about the quality and condition of the parts . [if they existed at all]

What really makes this experience with Qwerty57 so creepy, is that he kept up this lie for 2 months.

What did he get out of it?

I could understand if he got paid in advance, and then tried to give me the runaround until he disappeared. That is what a thief would do.

But why tell me 20 times that the equipment is mine, and will or has shipped?

Why make the offer of a free CPU for posting a Gigabyte KT400 photo?

Why say that he is shipping off for a 4 year hitch overseas in the military and he wanted to sell me his entire PC since he was finished with computers?

Why make references in his earlier AOL profile to interests that could be reasonably interpreted as clubbing and ectasy?

I get the feeling that he could be kind of wacked.

And the unpleasant aspect of this experience is that his interest and efforts to learn and share knowledge about computers and help others, allowed him to fool me.

I'll have a hard time trusting any other forum member in the future, or extending credit to any other forum member after this.

Qwerty57's actions hurt all the forum members, because he came in here and abused the trust and the spirit of camaraderie in a great forum.

Most of us come in looking for and sharing knowledge, and the fun of talking about our hobby. And we treat each other with respect.

I'll do my part to keep it that way, despite this bad experience.
    Last edited by GBR; 10-08-2002 at 11:34 AM.

well said GBR -golf clap- !!
    i know i wouldnt be hesitant about trading with you -blushes- lol

but then again aint nothin wrong with a lil clubbin and ecstasy

Bump for some more attention.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by partyguy1214
    well said GBR -golf clap- !!
    i know i wouldnt be hesitant about trading with you -blushes- lol

but then again aint nothin wrong with a lil clubbin and ecstasy
    Thanks!

As far as the rave/ X stuff, maybe it didn't agree with one meatpuppet.

One has to wonder if one of the little kiddies went to the party and never quite came back....

the military note sounds interesting as well as another user at this site at one point told me that they were getting rid of their stuff to go into the military much earlier than this year..and claimed that he wasn't done here because he was a user under other names..i gotta wonder..the story is the same..and he lied without any hesitation at all to me and others..fortunately, i played him back and i wasn't caught..i do have to wonder though let me dig up the name..

Originally posted by GBR
    In a forum transaction, absent a face to face meeting, one person has to extend credit to the other.

Its either:

- "ship first, and if I get what you promised , and its in the kind of condition you promised, I'll pay"

- or, its: " when I receive payment in some form I trust, I'll ship the product".

I suppose there are cross trades and partial payments...etc. But someone has to trust someone.

I trusted Qwerty57, based on months of forum activity and emails back and forth, and I would have paid him first.....but the nature of the OC'd and repaired equipment required testing first.

Now, it as it turns out; I probably couldn't have trusted Qwerty not to steal the money from a fundraiser for little kids who needed lifesaving medical treatment.

And someone I thought of as a friend in the forums, is now someone who I wouldn't cross the street to P**s on his head, if his brains were on fire.

And the comment about I would be better off not getting the parts from Qwerty57 is true, in retrospect.

The problem here is that he lied, and abused the trust of at least this forum member, and put months of effort intof building up his reputation.

Looking back, it seems clear that he couldn't always keep his stories straight, and his on screen persona started to unravel. [ I just noticed in the thread about highest scores on a 7VRXP, he offered to give someone the 1500 XP CPU he had told me had shipped with the 7VRXP motherboard]

He was really doing everything that a troll does, for what ever twisted ego gratification these pathetic people get from it.

And when he was caught, he disappeared, like trolls do, and maybe started over again with a new screen name.

He lied about shipping the parts, he lied when he promised that the parts had shipped....so, yes, he probably lied about the quality and condition of the parts . [if they existed at all]

What really makes this experience with Qwerty57 so creepy, is that he kept up this lie for 2 months.

What did he get out of it?

I could understand if he got paid in advance, and then tried to give me the runaround until he disappeared. That is what a thief would do.

But why tell me 20 times that the equipment is mine, and will or has shipped?

Why make the offer of a free CPU for posting a Gigabyte KT400 photo?

Why say that he is shipping off for a 4 year hitch overseas in the military and he wanted to sell me his entire PC since he was finished with computers?

Why make references in his earlier AOL profile to interests that could be reasonably interpreted as clubbing and ectasy?

I get the feeling that he could be kind of wacked.

And the unpleasant aspect of this experience is that his interest and efforts to learn and share knowledge about computers and help others, allowed him to fool me.

I'll have a hard time trusting any other forum member in the future, or extending credit to any other forum member after this.

Qwerty57's actions hurt all the forum members, because he came in here and abused the trust and the spirit of camaraderie in a great forum.

Most of us come in looking for and sharing knowledge, and the fun of talking about our hobby. And we treat each other with respect.

I'll do my part to keep it that way, despite this bad experience.

KT7-RAID AND KR7A-non raid CHEAP-DID ANYONE BUY?

is the thread..his user name was darksouljah81 or something like that..if you search darksoul and partial name in hotdeals you'll see this thread..

this guy claimed that he was selling all his parts as he was going to italy in the military...and i was clued in when he was going to sell me a stick of 512 meg crucial i think it was dirt cheap and the price was so good..i started searching around..we had a deal he said he would send it and i waited a few days being very suspicious..meanwhile someone else clued me in they had talked to him online and that he was building another system and was a painter or something in new jersey (at least the state was correct..the rest was bs) the memory never came, he disappeared, responded to no emails..then did some trolling at hforum..but check this thread..promises and excuses made..

Wonder if his brain was turning to mush from too many paint fumes or all of the radon gas NJ is famous for (among other enviromental nasties)
    Stealing from 1 is called plagiarism, stealing from many is called research!
    Remember - Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow!

Xaser II WC (Water Cooled (Innovatek CPU, GF4 & Chipset waterblocks) Epox 8RDA+ R1.0) AMD 1800XP T-Bred A @2100Mhz +
    1 - Corsair XMS Platinum 512MB Ram / Enermax 430W PSU, 1 - 16X DVD (IDE1 - Mstr), 1 - Yamaha CRW-F1 (IDE2 - Mstr)
    1 - WD 120GB 7200RPM HD (IDE3 Mstr) / 1 Flex HD Bays (IDE4), Logitech Cordless Freedom Kbyd & Mouse / PNY GF4 TI4600 128MB Video Card
    1 - Maxtor (Promise) ATA133 Controller Card. (Prime95 & Voltages) (case picx!)

Antec WC (EPoX 8K3A+ R1.2) AMD XP 1800 T-Bred A @1856Mhz
    (Maze3 ClearTop, Eheim 1250 Pump, Clear BayRes, ClearFlex60 1/2" ID tubing & UV reactive cooling fluid)
    1 x Corsair 3200 512MB Black HS / Antec SurePower 420W PSU, 1 - Creative Labs 6X DVD (Ide1 Mstr) / 1 - LiteOn 32x12x40 CDRW (IDE2 - Mstr)
    1 - Quantum 30GB 7200RPM HD (IDE3 Mstr) / SOYO USB 2.0 card / Soyo BayOne card reader / Creative DVD Decoder Card (PCI 1)
    Logitech Cordless Freedom Kbyd & Mouse / PNY Verto GeForce3 128MB Video Card, 1 Flex Drive removeable bay (IDE4)
    Antec 1080AMG case(case picx!)

HP Pavilion ZD7058CL Lappy 17" screen!
    Refs -->Heatware Ebay also Paypal Verified

LOL:)

now, i can't say that this is the same guy for sure...but it is interesting...if it's not, maybe there's a troll guide and that's one of the many tips on bs stories to lay on honest trade lovin' folk when scamming them