Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Klipsch's are great the really rock the house. Really they do ask my neighbors hehe..

"Guys... Let's give an honest opinion... Just because you own Logitech speakers doesn't mean they are better.

You guys are comparing the $136.00 Logitec Z-560 to $239.00 Klipsch 4.1 speakers??? Heck, some of you guys were comparing the Z-560 to Klipsch 5.1!!! Wake up! There is no comparison guys! Yeah I've heard a great deal about Logitec Z-560's. They are an awesome speakers with very nice price. But with Klipsch, it's like getting a next generation speakers. They don't just cost $100+ more for no reason. Forget about the wattage specs. Speakers with 1/5th of the wattage can make clearer and louder sound. Every company uses different technology.

I'm burrowing my friend's Klipsch 5.1 right now and it's just amazing. Although I would never spend $400 on a speaker, if you want the best, Klipsch 5.1 is the one to get. They know how to make good speakers and it's what they are known for."

There is no comparison, the Z-560's bury the Klipsch 4.1 set. Go read some reviews that have been out for over a year. Z-560 has a tighter sound all around than the Klipsch 4.1 set in my opinion. The Klipsch sub on the 4.1 set sucks, period, it farts, and the mids and highs aren't what you fans are making it out to be. The Z-560 set has very good mids and highs, the satellites sound excellent. Use a good software CD-MP3 player like TDK's Mixmaster with a 20 band EQ and you'll be amazed how much better everything sounds. At a cheaper price or the same price the Z-560 set is the better set. Now with the new Z-680 set out, Logitech has made another excellent set of speakers.

Bro....good honest assesment. And I appreciate a no BS attitude. I want to hear the new Logitechs also. Ive been beggin everyone else for samples....may as well *** them. Thanks. You are always a welcome visitor/contributer. Jim

Thanks, i've heard the Klipsch 4.1 set many times on my friend's rig and I just don't hear the astounding difference. I just think overall the Z-560 set sounds tighter all around.

I don't usually by anything that isn't pristine but I just ordered a set of these klipsch 4.1's directly from klipsch at http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?prodID=35 . I think I can live with a scratch if it ends up getting to my door for $71 less than the retail at newegg.com $167.50 ended up being the to my door price.
    8rda+ Prime95 Stable-
    XP 1467mhz @ 2309mhz (220x10.5) 1.95v
    Corsair XMS3000 CL2.5-3-2-6 2.9v
    Abit GF4 TI4200 @ 351/655 1.72v/3.85v
    CPU. GPU, & NB Sporting Water Blocks with
    External 6x10 Heater Core and Eheim1250

3DMark2001SE
    Although Jesus Loves You, Everyone Else Thinks Your an A-Hole

got my klipsch 4.1's in today...WOW!
    8rda+ Prime95 Stable-
    XP 1467mhz @ 2309mhz (220x10.5) 1.95v
    Corsair XMS3000 CL2.5-3-2-6 2.9v
    Abit GF4 TI4200 @ 351/655 1.72v/3.85v
    CPU. GPU, & NB Sporting Water Blocks with
    External 6x10 Heater Core and Eheim1250

3DMark2001SE
    Although Jesus Loves You, Everyone Else Thinks Your an A-Hole

What about the digital Creative Inspire 5.1's?

Re: speakers opinion ? Logitech or Klipsch ?

Originally posted by partyguy1214
    well my altec lansings are becoming a bit outdated and a center channel speaker seems awfully appealing..

which system would you go with and why ?

the klipsch 5.1's or the logitech Z-680's ?

so far both are far superior to mine and i wish i could find a comparison of the both .. so far i know the klipsch is 500w and the logitech's are 450w but theres plenty more that would make a larger deciding factor....the klipsch are also a wee cheaper i believe

opinions ? =)
    A buddy of mine has the Z680's - Ive got the Klipsch 5.1's. There is no question: Klipsch have the Logitechs beat, hands down. My sound is crisper, clearer, and much less "muddier". Let's face it - Klipsch has been manufacturing pro-audio equipement for decades. They have provided speakers for movie theaters and have invested tens of millions into development of their speaker technology. The Logitechs are a good alternative, but the Klipsch 5.1's still reign as champion. There is no question.

• A8N SLI Prem rev 1.02, BIOS 1009, Forceware | A64 X2 4400+ (clocked to 2.4 Ghz), 2 Gigs Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO | GeForce 7800GT | 2 X WD Raptor RAID-0 74 GB SATA Prim OS | Prim Mstr WD1600 160 Gig ATA100, Prim Slv Maxtor 80 Gig 6Y080L0 ATA133 | Sec Mstr NEC 2010A DVD-/+R ATA33, Sec Slv NEC 3500A DVD-/+R ATA33| Aud 2 Plat, Driver v5.12.1.383 / Hauppuage PVR250 | Kingwin RemBay with 250 Gig SATA WD250 Caviar (Ghost backups)

The Klipsch 4.1 sub farts all the time. Is that a technical term? Either the sub you are listening to is bad OR you are over driving that component. If you are over driving the Klipsch 4.1 sub and say it still does not have enough bass, then you definately are not looking for accuracy of sound. I have a Z-560 set sitting here and I can without a doubt say that it pushes the most colored, boomy and mushy base I have heard from a computer set. To compare the sats without the sub, I can't do it, I have to turn the sub volume up just a little on my Klipsch to match the Z-560 because the sub does not go all the way off when the knob is down. When compared by "how loud it goes" the Z-560 makes more bass. Infact it will over shadow the sats to a point where you almost can not hear them. The Klipsch pushes a tighter bass and has as good or better frequency responce bu will not push as much at the same dB level. BUT when you push the Z-560 to the point where the sub is making more and louder bass than the Klipsch 4.1, it is way colorized and over boomy. Kind of like one of those kids in the car that has 4 15" sub woofers, yeah you can hear the bass for a block away, but My car sounds a lot better (to me) because it is far more accurate.
    Soon I hope to write a review comparing the 5.1 Klipsch to the 4.1. Of course after the NHTs they might all sound bad.
    ------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by WindsorFox
    The Klipsch 4.1 sub farts all the time. Is that a technical term? Either the sub you are listening to is bad OR you are over driving that component. If you are over driving the Klipsch 4.1 sub and say it still does not have enough bass, then you definately are not looking for accuracy of sound. I have a Z-560 set sitting here and I can without a doubt say that it pushes the most colored, boomy and mushy base I have heard from a computer set. To compare the sats without the sub, I can't do it, I have to turn the sub volume up just a little on my Klipsch to match the Z-560 because the sub does not go all the way off when the knob is down. When compared by "how loud it goes" the Z-560 makes more bass. Infact it will over shadow the sats to a point where you almost can not hear them. The Klipsch pushes a tighter bass and has as good or better frequency responce bu will not push as much at the same dB level. BUT when you push the Z-560 to the point where the sub is making more and louder bass than the Klipsch 4.1, it is way colorized and over boomy. Kind of like one of those kids in the car that has 4 15" sub woofers, yeah you can hear the bass for a block away, but My car sounds a lot better (to me) because it is far more accurate.
    Soon I hope to write a review comparing the 5.1 Klipsch to the 4.1. Of course after the NHTs they might all sound bad.
    You have NHT's also? I love mine, but I certainly cant stand bloated bass anymore! Stuff like Cerwin Vega's make me cringe to be near them, LOL.

I will have a set temporarily very soon. Funny, Cerwin Vega did pop into my head when I was writing that also ROFL.

enochlight .. from detroitish area eh ? know where roseville is ?
    and thats a non bias' opinion eh ? its good to hear from someone that has heard both sets but then again reviews ive read have said just the opposite... so god i have no clue.. maybe the closest store i go to , whatever they avhe in stock is what ill pick up lol

Roseville-ish

Originally posted by partyguy1214
    enochlight .. from detroitish area eh ? know where roseville is ?
    and thats a non bias' opinion eh ? its good to hear from someone that has heard both sets but then again reviews ive read have said just the opposite... so god i have no clue.. maybe the closest store i go to , whatever they avhe in stock is what ill pick up lol
    Greetings from a fellow Michigander -

Yes, I know where Roseville is - I frequent Royal Oak often (I was just there getting an autograph by Bruce Cambell at the Main Art Theater).

At any rate, if you can test the Logitechs and the Klipsch side-by-side, that would be the optimal test. Personally, I prefer Klipsch. As we see on this forum, some prefer Logitech. Guess it's a matter of preference. Cheers!

• A8N SLI Prem rev 1.02, BIOS 1009, Forceware | A64 X2 4400+ (clocked to 2.4 Ghz), 2 Gigs Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO | GeForce 7800GT | 2 X WD Raptor RAID-0 74 GB SATA Prim OS | Prim Mstr WD1600 160 Gig ATA100, Prim Slv Maxtor 80 Gig 6Y080L0 ATA133 | Sec Mstr NEC 2010A DVD-/+R ATA33, Sec Slv NEC 3500A DVD-/+R ATA33| Aud 2 Plat, Driver v5.12.1.383 / Hauppuage PVR250 | Kingwin RemBay with 250 Gig SATA WD250 Caviar (Ghost backups)

Originally posted by WindsorFox
    Nope the sub farts. Turn it up, it distorts, breaks up, badly. Really not much to explain. Turn the sub up on the Z-560, it doesn't distort, it's tight. I was going to buy the Klipsch 4.1 set before I bought the Z-560's. I tried out a few sets in different stores, happened on all of them, I gave them a shot.

If you think you can get away with leaving the sub at one level on any set with every tune you play, you're high. Play some oldies and tell me that some recordings don't require a little kick in the *** in the bass department. Depends how the original track was recorded. Some tracks were recorded thin, and or with a "mushy" sound. Is mushy a techinal term? Some tracks, like newer dance tracks, industrial, metal, rap, have a boomy sound.

Go into a dance club or studio and ask the sound guy/engineer if he'd rather have a sub/speaker that has alot balls that he can tailor the sound with or a sub/speaker that doesn't have enough balls that breaks up when pumped. I can guarantee you he will opt for the sub/speaker with more balls that he can back off himself and shape the sound.

As for being too powerful, it's called learn how to use a EQ. I'd rather have more balls than not enough and then take it from there. I just use a good software EQ and the bass on my Z-560's sound great and doesn't overshadow my satellites at all. Bottom line, turn the Z-560 sub all the way up, it doesn't distort. At least not the way I have things EQ'd

As for the satellites, I think they sound very clear, depends how you set things up.

And in conclusion, you're about the only "reviewer" to say the bass is mushy on the Z-560 set. Go read some reviews. Mushy, you have to be smoking crack man. Either way I don't like a distorted sub like the one on the Klipsch set. If you think distortion is accuracy I don't know what to tell you.

In the end it's up to your tastes, yours is no better than mine. But on a thin recording I like the ability to raise the bass up, without it distorting, and fill out the recording. Elvis may have liked a thin sounding recording but I don't. It was a "true" sound maybe back in his day but you know, 40 years later, the tide has changed.

By the way, I also think the Z-560 set is very good for games as well, where some people may want *** shaking bass...i.e. UT2003 Point is it has the ability to do that in spades. I like that ability.

The problem with PC speakers is most companies have to walk that fine line and design a set that sounds good with music and games so the sound for either one might not be to your liking. Overall I think Logitech did a fine job with both. I'm not saying they're the best, not at all, I'd take the Klipsch 5.1 set or the Z-680 set but i'm happy right now so i'll wait.
    Last edited by netdude; 12-02-2002 at 09:59 PM.

"And in conclusion, you're about the only "reviewer" to say the bass is mushy on the Z-560 set. Go read some reviews. Mushy, you have to be smoking crack man. Either way I don't like a distorted sub like the one on the Klipsch set. If you think distortion is accuracy, you shouldn't be reviewing speakers."

I read several. Maybe it's because I am the only one who reviewed them who works on the level that I do? My 4.1 Klipsch never "farts" or distorts because I get PLENTY of lowend response out of it without turning it up that high, the Z560's didn't either. The 560's are overly boomy, it's fine if you turn it down, but the sats still do not live up to the Klipsch and never will because they are not two way speakers.