Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Join

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

[Fragging Frogs]

How to join

Welcome to the home of the Fragging Frogs If you want to use that rig for a bit gaming fun, you've come to the right place. We're here to have fun, plain and simple. We share just one thing, a love of AMD and Gaming. OK, two things

To join our mailing list and get into some games, simply send an email to fraggingfrogs@amdmb.com with the words "Let's Frag" in the subject line and include your AMDMB nick in the body of the email, together with your #1 MP game and up to 5 other MP games you'd like to play.

Once you are a member, to arrange a game, send an email to the same address with [FF] in the subject line and details of the game and this will be forwarded to all subscribers. We will also send out reminders of games using this mailbox. Posts in the forum are still welcome too of course

Also, check out the Fragging Frog website at http://fraggingfrogs.servegame.com/ There you'll find our affiliated game servers and a member list, together with a list of games folks want to play.

In future, we will be running a number of events to keep all you froggies croaking with joy. Current possibilities include:
    • Periodic raffles for games / gaming goodies to raise money for server maintenance / upgrades.
    • Some form of league or ladder to encourage some friendly competition.

We expect to get a second server up and running shortly. This will be used to host a different game every 2 weeks. There'll be a poll for which game to play next posted in this forum.

Finally, we have a sig pic (thanks TitanMan ) that we'd encourage all Frogs to use to raise awareness of our little band around the forums. Just paste this vb code into your sigs (changing the {} to [] of course ).
    {URL=http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168131}{IMG}http://fragging.amdmbpond.com/FraggingFrogLogo.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

If you don't like the size of that sig pic, then take a look at this post and feel free to copy and host any that you want.

Oh, and any other ideas that you may have can be posted and discussed in here. Let us know what you think - we like feedback

Member List
    Member list has moved here.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-23-2003 at 04:34 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

I'm in, I am a serios contender for the coveted last place

would have been here wens but I got my first taste of "infinite loop" that evening

hmm got somethign a little wider and shorter? its gettign a little bussy down there V

If you guys need a calendar just let me know.
    "Stealing music is like taking candy from a...large, fat rich person."

Turnwall.net :: some coherent ramblings

Digitaria Interactive

i would love to join the fragging frogs but i am so godawful at UT and quake type games. i always play those team based game and spend most of my time covering someone or something like that. at least then i get a chance at a kill!! i don't play them much.. i get killed a lot, and watch in horror as my shots seem to do zero damage to someone who i'm sure i should've killed! then, they notice me, turn and fire and i die instantly!

it doesn't do the ego any good, that's for sure!

cheers
    das

I am in and you will soon feel the wrath of The Eldest_One! Oh well it sounded good truth be told I am probably worse than those people said they are no good at this.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

So if you guys don't use the Yahoo anymore, is there an "official" place to sign up for this? Or do you just send mail to that addy and declare your bad self has joined?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by Eldest_One
    I am in and you will soon feel the wrath of The Eldest_One! Oh well it sounded good truth be told I am probably worse than those people said they are no good at this.
    Give you a chance to try out that UT2K3 you just won!!! Looking forward to fragging ya EO

Originally posted by dna
    So if you guys don't use the Yahoo anymore, is there an "official" place to sign up for this? Or do you just send mail to that addy and declare your bad self has joined?
    Yep, just send us the email & you'll be notified of all Frog events. Hope to see ya soon

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Give you a chance to try out that UT2K3 you just won!!! Looking forward to fragging ya EO

Hope to see ya soon
    Yeah I can't wait to try out the Redeamer and frag me some Amdmb mods.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

i thought UT2k3 was stunning looking. i mean, grass and all that... but , as the gf says, it does seem to be kinda too much like quake3 arena. i could see what she meant. but UT was superb for its mods. i mean, it is like having a hundred games for free in one and one map i play all the time is space beacon. it is massive. bloody huge. it's got sewers, all the buildings have a reason to be there and there are so many places around it and so many ways to get around. a great sniping map but, also, a good team map. i hope there's a UT2k3 version.

anybody enjoy the amazing delta force: Black Hawk Down demo? it's prolly out in the US by now as they always get them first. superb. i love the way you have to control areas to win the game [if it's like battlefield1942 then you control all objective points for a certain amount of time and your team wins]. the only prob with team based games is getting a group of guys together to actually "play" with rahter than running around as if it was deathmatch on the off chance you get a kill or do something right.

i liked the single player Bf1942 but the lag on the mplayer game was horrendous. and i was playing ON MY OWN , ON MY OWN LAN!! i can't imagine why it gets that bad but it was the same on a mates LAN. also.

Middle of Nowhere, 2nd house on right (West Virginia)
    "Crouching Tiger Hidden Frog"

I say we make that the new FF saying.
    GregLXStang@gmail.com - http://hager.servebeer.com/ - Namekian Radio
    "I swear to God the Windows directory eats stuff...nevermind, I just found it" - Me

ill take part in this.

not to good at UT2K3 and some of the others, but its all fun.
    hmm...

The more, the merrier TWO .

Greg: "Crouching Tiger Hidden Frog". hmmmm, not sure about this one. Us Frogs don't hide, we frag. Maybe "Crouching Tiger, Fragging Frog" ?

My rigs My Games

i'm in of course. You know i'm good at ut2k3

Originally posted by cjh6386
    i'm in of course. You know i'm good at ut2k3
    "Good" - is that what you call it?

And where is your sig pic and email youngun?

My rigs My Games

got. didn't read that part. how can i make the picture a little smaller, like wise one's?