Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Join

if you want it real small cpoy this into your sig

(URL=http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168131)(IMG)http://webpages.charter.net/raventai...ngFrogLogo.jpg(/IMG)(/URL)

of course replace () with []

if you want something inbetween you are going to have to adjust the size and host it your self
    Last edited by RavenTai; 11-11-2002 at 03:14 PM.

I've had a selecton of sizes on my webspace for a while, but didn't make it very known. In any event, they are there to choose from, but I request that you use a different host.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by TitanMan
    I've had a selecton of sizes on my webspace for a while, but didn't make it very known. In any event, they are there to choose from, but I request that you use a different host.
    Thanks for that Titanman. Hope you don't mind, I've hosted all those logos so folks can see what they're getting But if folks want to use them, then I'd ask them to find an alternative host

100x88
    120x105
    140x123
    150x132
    160x140
    170x150
    180x158
    205x180
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 04-02-2003 at 03:10 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Thanks.

Originally posted by RavenTai
    I'm in, I am a serios contender for the coveted last place

would have been here wens but I got my first taste of "infinite loop" that evening V

what is infinite loop? is it something to do with the geforce3 and 4?

thanks
    das
    Athlon3200/400FSB; 2x512mb sticks [1024mb dual DDR] 3200 crucial; Crucial Radeon9800Pro 128mb; 350watt <no name> PSU; phillips 416 DVDRW; HP 8200a CDRW; 120gb Samsung SP1213N HDD; AN7 mobo;built in NIC on a nForce2 Ultra400 mobo chipset; SB Live! Digital 5.1;1.5mbit cable connection;

windoze XP SP2

Dx9.0c

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by synchro_w
    what is infinite loop? is it something to do with the geforce3 and 4?
    The infinite loop error is something that started cropping up when folks moved to WinXP. If I remember rightly, it could happen to just about any vid card. there was a lot of talk about who was to blame. Many blamed MS because it was the first time that anyone had heard of "inifinite loop" errors, but others say it was always there but previously the app would just crash without any error message. I haven't heard anyone have an issue with it for some time not though Not sure how it happened to RT.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

It happened to me for the first time just after upgrading to UT2K3SP1, I could not eaven get through resettign all the settigns In ut without a hard lock,
    unistall/reinstall (noSP) of UT did not fix,
    vid driver update did not fix,
    finally updated bios and havent seen it sience (RT Knocks on wood) I had not updated the bios in over a year (if it aint broke......) all the later bios updats had to do with Athlon XP support from what I could see so I had not updated

from the reading I have done on it affects all chipsets all vid cards and so far there has not been one fix that fixes it the same for everybody you just have to mess with everythign until it goes away

As a new member of the frogs, last night was my first Wednesday Wannabee. Even though I got a late start and had only 30 minutes to play it was still a lot of fun playing with some of the same people I see on the forums. As an average player who rarely plays and plays even less online I will treasure the few frags I managed to get against the better players like j1mb0b and try to forget the MANY painful times I got my but kicked especially by cj (I'm still trying to figure why he is so hard to hit!). So thanks for setting this up and I hope to see you all again sometime!

Question: On the stats screen (F1) what does PING mean in UT2K3? In the original UT and other shooters it was the ping to the server. Does it mean something else now because my ping is always 0
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Lenny. Don't knock yourself, you played well last night - it was a pleasure to be fragged by you. Keep playing, you'll get better quicker than you'd think. As for why cj is so hard to hit. hmmm, i've wondered that too. That boy is one tough opponent. Just don't let him near the rocket launcher!!!

As for ping, yeah it's still the same old thing. As for why your's is showing 0, I have no idea. I'm sure in my stats page it was showing OK

My rigs My Games

Well, thanks. I was in my glory when I got that lucky 3 in a row on you I'll tell you one thing, on that last map I felt like I was spending 3/4 of my time running around just trying to find someone to fight!

Maybe cj will let us in on his secret although I'm sure the answer will be practice, practice, practice.

Do you know why Wednesday was selected for the weekly fragfest? Seems like players would be more like to play longer on a weekend night. Btw, are they every week?

Hmmm, I'll watch my ping more closely. I'd swear my ping is always 0, other players are normal numbers and sometimes other players are 0 (I assumed they were bots on the server?). Now that I think about it, I'm behind a router with it set to discard ping (as a security measure) so maybe that's the problem. I'll mess around with the router a bit.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

IIRC you had a normal lookign ping on my side because we knew you were not a bot, all the bots have a 0 ping

there is also a saturday fragfest some of us can only attend one, http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=169485

Lenny, you'll see there's a few more different threads popping up now with more times to play. The reason Wednesday happens is because I posted a poll a couple of weeks ago asking folks to vote on their favored times. The results gave Wednesday evening & Saturday afternoon as preferrable

If you want to arrange something outside these times, you can always post it here, or try sending an email to the Fragging Frogs address with you plan. It'll automatically forward to all members

Don't forget the Fragging Frogs is a new idea which is only just beginning to pick up. Given time, you may find that there's often someone on the server (hopefully soon I'll be saying one of the servers )

My rigs My Games

fragging frogs...

Do you guys just play Ut2003? or other games too like MOHAA...ECT...?

Re: fragging frogs...

Originally posted by suncloud
    Do you guys just play Ut2003? or other games too like MOHAA...ECT...?
    So far UT2K3 has been the game of choice because we all like, have it & we've managed to get a dedicated server for our use.

BUT we'll do just about anything. Join up (check the thread in my sig for details) & send out a challenge.

Incidentally, we will be adding another server sometime soon which we will use to host various games, rotating every couple of weeks.

My rigs My Games