Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hmmm, so theorethically? how many computers would I have to connect to pass by you guys in a week ?

Wolven,
    First, Some ten units where milked somewhere else (Bad joke to tease you). The milker got dry on saturday (He said it).

Second, I don't know why, I had Two units on last saturday and friday which were returned after 1-2% (5-20 minutes) crank (More than 60 spikes. Maybe corrupt datas ???).

Third, I have set my connection to auto. So I can crank at least 3 wus a day at home (Except on saturday and sunday, kids play a lot and dad too, mum preparing school work, and then a unit needs 10 to 15 hours), and still one or two every three days on my office TPad.

I tried to install SETI on my office desktops, but unfortunately, they run Winsocks v1 (Big Blue's Win95 with internal specs I can't change) and SETI can't get connected (Error -26,0). Sorry, It would have been fine to get up to 30 PC266 (Intel, but who cares ?) cranking for the team.

aidscure@home ? Can you elaborate ? I have some direct concerns around me about AIDS.

[This message has been edited by OldFrog (edited 10-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nhardin:
    O/F, you don't think I'm going to wait on you to catch up, now, do you?

I'm almost finished with #90, I hope to hit 100 by next week.

You're now right behind me, OF
    WTG

niki
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slurp !!!!

From the SETI FAQ page.

"Why do some work units take very little time to complete?
    Why did the progress bar suddenly jump to 100% only part way through the analysis?
    Occasionally, a work unit will contain strong radio interference; these strong interfering signals typically come from satellites and radar from our own civilization. If the interference is very strong, the SETI@home program can not analyze that part of the spectrum, and after trying for a few minutes and detecting thousands of strong signals of earth origin, the program stops early in the processing and gets a new work unit. You will still get credit for the work done."

Oh, the milk machine was reconnected after the move to it's new home. The COW is running dry now.

------------------
    Got Milk???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldFrog:
    Slurp !!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Ok, I give. I only have 1 system up and running (marginally) right now. I just recased my athlon soyoK7via and left out my wintv and promise card. I dumped my cd and made my cdrw my only cd. I'm hoping fewer objects make for more stability. If not, I'm gonna buy an athlon 1.1 from Compaq and saw )(##%*##_#N it

Congrats on the fast foward, OldFrog

niki
    ("I'll get you my pretty")

ok, I'm joining.... How many computers are you guys running on ? anyone summing up processor capacity over 10 gigahertz ?

machines running 24/7 at home.. athlon thunderbird at 750 mhz(not overclocked) soon to be more once I get sufficient cooling, K6-3 400 mhz, celeron 466 mhz, p 2 266 mhz, p 2 233 mhz... plus a lot of pentium systems not running 24/7
    machines at work, my own p III 650 mhz, then I can probably use 6 testcomputers running close to 24/7 ranging between 600 mhz - 933 mhz. and possibly I could install on about 150 clients with speeds between 233 mhz - 933 mhz. although if so they're gonna have to make a nice program to set it up remotely lol.
    I can qualify ...

Fightaids@home is just like seti, it uses your idle CPU time. The difference is, instead of looking for ET, it applies genetic algorithms to AIDS genetic mutation strings, seeing if it breaks it down.

The program just started Sept 26th, and I just felt it was a lil more important than ET:-)

Website address if any of you are interested is: http://www.fightaidsathome.org, it uses entropia2000 for the program.

wolven

[This message has been edited by wolven (edited 10-04-2000).]

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glamrin:
    machines running 24/7 at home.. athlon thunderbird at 750 mhz(not overclocked) soon to be more once I get sufficient cooling, K6-3 400 mhz, celeron 466 mhz, p 2 266 mhz, p 2 233 mhz... plus a lot of pentium systems not running 24/7
    machines at work, my own p III 650 mhz, then I can probably use 6 testcomputers running close to 24/7 ranging between 600 mhz - 933 mhz. and possibly I could install on about 150 clients with speeds between 233 mhz - 933 mhz. although if so they're gonna have to make a nice program to set it up remotely lol.
    I can qualify ...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW!
    You will climb up the ladder within a few weeks with all of that hardware!

yes lol I hope so... I will probably never get to installing on the clients though... not unless theres an easy administrative tool to install on many machines over a network at once.... hehe
    my machines at home will be up and running soon though as my own machine at work and some of the testboxes

damn athlon thunderbird is fast for this!!! my tbird 750 running original speed does more than 4 times the speed of intel p3 650 at work. probably a lot more than that if being honest.

Exclamation

Well OldFrog looks like your COW has dried up!!!

Glamrin I would watch running SETI in a work environment. A buddy started a group with friends at work. The next day he received 20-30 phone calls from people in the office that there was a problem with the network, the server isn't working right, I can't get my files, it's to slow and so on. Well, It seems that one of the New I.S. guys thought he would try running SETI on the servers to see how fast they could rip units. Guess what... Anyway read this and glad you joined. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/license.html

Just don't want you to get in a JAM!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Oreo (edited 10-04-2000).]

Oops, Spilled my milk!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Oreo (edited 10-04-2000).]

Looks like oreo needs to shut down this post, and start another new one.. two pages is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

wolven

What makes having two pages so bad? Is it just because it takes longer to load the information?

Just a curious admin...

------------------
    Ryan Shrout
    Production Manager
    rshrout@athlonmb.com