Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

hehe ok oreo.. I would never be as stupid as to install something cpu hogging on company servers though... what would be done if anything would be to put it on the clients and only to work when the computers arent used.. as in, almost all of the users at work leave their computers on during night, thats the hours between 5 pm to 8 am that about a 100 boxes could be doing other stuff.
    While the net is being used though, ie on working times projects like these should not really be active...

More of a heads up then anything.

------------------

Smile

Boy of Boy, everyone has like lots of computers running.. hehhee
    Shouldn't have gave my K7-700 to my gf. hahahaha.. Now ended up with this IBM laptop. but will be back soon enough

sphere

wolven,

Entropia is a for-profit corporation.
    In our view, profit is as necessary
    as oxygen for longevity; while oxygen
    is essential for life,
    it is not the purpose of living.
    Likewise, Entropia's Internet
    computing service represents
    "profit with a purpose." Some
    of the time, Entropia's software will
    be running commercial
    tasks on your computer.

Wolven, sorry for my old-fashioned utopist ideas, I really don't like such a slogan.

I know american conception is different, but I've been educated in Human Rights first, I wouldn't like to make money for some shareholders.

BTW, a positive point our own companies don't always do, they are enough honest to tell their position clearly !

[This message has been edited by OldFrog (edited 10-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by OldFrog (edited 10-05-2000).]

My thoughts exactly, somehow I cant see the search for cure for cancer could take up all that much of time calculating on so many computers.. It's not as if they had as much data as they get for the seti project.. Ie my computer would be used mainly for other people to make money.. now somehow that just makes me feel I'd like a share of the cookie to help.

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glamrin:
    machines running 24/7 at home.. athlon thunderbird at 750 mhz(not overclocked) soon to be more once I get sufficient cooling, K6-3 400 mhz, celeron 466 mhz, p 2 266 mhz, p 2 233 mhz... plus a lot of pentium systems not running 24/7
    machines at work, my own p III 650 mhz, then I can probably use 6 testcomputers running close to 24/7 ranging between 600 mhz - 933 mhz. and possibly I could install on about 150 clients with speeds between 233 mhz - 933 mhz. although if so they're gonna have to make a nice program to set it up remotely lol.
    I can qualify ...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Glamrin:
    machines running 24/7 at home.. athlon thunderbird at 750 mhz(not overclocked) soon to be more once I get sufficient cooling, K6-3 400 mhz, celeron 466 mhz, p 2 266 mhz, p 2 233 mhz... plus a lot of pentium systems not running 24/7
    machines at work, my own p III 650 mhz, then I can probably use 6 testcomputers running close to 24/7 ranging between 600 mhz - 933 mhz. and possibly I could install on about 150 clients with speeds between 233 mhz - 933 mhz. although if so they're gonna have to make a nice program to set it up remotely lol.
    I can qualify ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!
    You will climb up the ladder within a few weeks with all of that hardware!

I don't mean to be picky or anything but this is an ATHLON Seti team. The day we allow Intell cpu's to be used is the day I leave the team. More than likely I am over reacting, so I appologize.

Question: anyone know how long the Seti@home project has been running? Reason I ask is:
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/faq.html#q3.3

[This message has been edited by Christop54 (edited 10-06-2000).]

I got that idea from someone else before... so whats up with other amd processors then ?

Anyways, something that I found quite interesting while running intel processors aswell as my little toy here at home is that my box at home does almost twice the work of a P3 933 mhz , and its not yet overclocked (running 750 mhz).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glamrin:
    I got that idea from someone else before... so whats up with other amd processors then ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least other AMD processors are AMD.

Mmmmffff !!!