Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet Time

Talking

You know the part in JAWS where the Sheriff looks off the back of the boat and says "We need a bigger BOAT!!!" Well our version was "Oh S..., I only have 12lbs line!!!" Note to self, When fishing off pier in Grand Isle, LA at night, during Harvest Moon, don't bring the lightweight fresh water gear!!! Even though it was a real kick in the ass it turned into a learning experience(which really makes it FUN). Have list of gear needed next time we go. Hard to lift 26lbs Black Drum 35' to pier with 12lbs line. The old guy from Cuba really had the setup and the kids had a blast helping him land Bull Redfish 29-39 inches long and ranging 15-26lbs.

Oreo
    Got Milk and list of needed items

Miam Miam !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldFrog:
    Miam Miam !!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation? Please?

Oreo, if you landed it, was it edible or the 'iraqi' kind that you use for target practice

Using 12lb line on a 20+lb fish calls for finesse and playing that puppy for HOURS to land him.

Welcome home

niki

On my point of view : roasted or boiled, that is the question.
    The overall being transcended by the sauce !!!

OldFrog you bring the wine!!!

Oreo
    Got Milk and fish for dinner!!!

[This message has been edited by Oreo (edited 10-15-2000).]

That will be Sancerre, but if it's a large wine, let's make an extra. Just a little fennel at the end of cooking, and go for a "corsed wine", here I should say from Bordeaux, but I'm sur there are nice thing in Nappa Valley.

Have a good diner (And better not too much baked, it would kill the smell of the fish)

And all that with Mozilla (Pretty fast in Linux !!!)

I just started my first SETI-linux connection. Wonder what will happen. Hey the screen is getting bigger and bigger and a tentacle .... Arrrrgh !!!

Boy I wish you guys were here!!! To full to type anymore.

Oreo
    Got Milk and FULL Belly!!!

What kind of USB do you have? Is it the two that came with the mobo or do you have a hub? SuSE 7.0 found my mobo ones, my belkin parallel-to-usb printer (it prints now) and my belkin 4port usb hub. Maybe you need a new driver for the mobo usb's.

Just a thought.

niki
    chatnoir

I heard you sy BURP !!!

Alas, I have not been around much.. My stupid employer ( inbound telemarketing ), and DTV ( our client ), decided we weren't getting enough calls to warrent the call center being open, so I been havin fun meeting w/ HR freaks, and on top of that, installing win98se, cause ME just pissed ME off!:-). Ah well.. Anyone need a gateway computers tech support rep? cause thats what I'm doin after 3 weeks of training ( I can imagine.. *this is a mouse.. this is a computer.. together, you can move the little white arrow.................) *sigh*, and to think, they just got done training me for directv like 2 months ago:P

wollie
    ---------------------
    visit me on IRC at starfish.stormdancing.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldFrog:
    That will be Sancerre, but if it's a large wine, let's make an extra. Just a little fennel at the end of cooking, and go for a "corsed wine", here I should say from Bordeaux, but I'm sur there are nice thing in Nappa Valley.

Have a good diner (And better not too much baked, it would kill the smell of the fish)

And all that with Mozilla (Pretty fast in Linux !!!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, OldFrog, I knew there was a reason to LOVE YOU

fennel, what a great idea ! Actually, a good Merlot if one loves red (mememememe) or a Gamay. I don't know of any 'course' whites unless it's a white of a red

Oreo, I heard your burp all the way up here.

bon appetit !!

niki

I just started my first SETI-linux connection. Wonder what will happen. Hey the screen is getting bigger and bigger and a tentacle .... Arrrrgh !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which program(s) and how did you install them? I am using the KDE desktop. Should I use Gnome? I have my cable modem working so that I can send and receive wu's if I can get the darn thing installed.

TIA,
    niki

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wolven:
    Alas, I have not been around much.. My stupid employer ( inbound telemarketing ), and DTV ( our client ), decided we weren't getting enough calls to warrent the call center being open, so I been havin fun meeting w/ HR freaks, and on top of that, installing win98se, cause ME just pissed ME off!:-). Ah well.. Anyone need a gateway computers tech support rep? cause thats what I'm doin after 3 weeks of training ( I can imagine.. *this is a mouse.. this is a computer.. together, you can move the little white arrow.................) *sigh*, and to think, they just got done training me for directv like 2 months ago:P

wollie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAOTNTPIMP ! ! ! Now we all know why we're here instead of calling techsupport

welcome home, wollie

niki

OLDFrog's "corsed" was in fact "full-body wine" (I've more and more need to open my Harrap's dict ).

Gamay is not a bad idea. In same way, some Saumur (rec) should be fine.

About SETI, there are two tar files, I downloaded both. I run KDE too.
    I didn't try the static one. I ran the other one : xxxx.gnulibc.1. It has a setiatome prog you can run in console (which I did). At first connection, it asked for personal elements.
    In my case, only the mail-address. Of course, you must be connected to have it send info.

In the same package, there is a programme Xsetiathome, supposed to visualize stats. It's written for Xfree86, but unfortunately, I miss a lib (should update Xfree86 to ver 4.xxxx). So will see later.

I gave a try to http://ksetiwatch.sourceforge.net/

It's a KDE client, but to install it I need some more libs (That's the boring thing with Linux, you always need 99 cents more to make 1$ ! ).

Anyway, I enjoy it much (Nice big game).

To-day, I received my Windows 2000 Pro Disk. I wonder if I will continue tweaking and breaking Linux, or I will install W2K.

In both ways, I have the premonition I'll break the whole thing, including my STABLE W98 and my wife's work . Quick, quick, some CDR to burn :P

[This message has been edited by OldFrog (edited 10-16-2000).]