Wink Forum Newbie! A few questions on 9700

Alright all......

Uk Hercules 9700 Pro here - it's a beast of a card, no mistake! Upgraded from Elsa 920 Gforce 3 original and immediately saw the error of my ways! Just wondering if anyone has come across the following things.....

1) Morrowind: unbelivable improvement all 'round - 4x AA and 16x AS running at 1280+960 is superb and fogging has now gone back even further! However, as i walk towards any water within the game, the edge of it touching the ground starts to jump back and forth in time with my walking speed. As i'm using boots of blinding speed, this flickering is quite annoying - anyone else got this problem....?

2) Desktop refresh rate: I have the refresh rate of my monitor set at 85Hz, but when i enter a game, i lose about an inch off the right hand side of the screen. This is a pain when you've a HUD displaying in that particular corner of the screen and it can no longer be seen.... to sort this out, i come out and change the monitor refresh rate to 75Hz, but it'll do it again once in game. I know Win XP sets all games to a default 60Hz, but it's only started doing it since i put in the beta Direct X9 - anyone else had this problem...?

3) Flat panel display: my OpenGL games won't display on my second screen - NEC 18" LCD - but are fine on my primary screen - Iiyama Vision Master Pro 19". I've downloaded the latest drivers and turned down all my cards settings in Open GL, but to no avail.
    Anyone else had this problem....?

4) Mad Onion 2001 SE: this refuses to work with Direct X9, but yet i see people posting their results on Mad Onion using DX9...?!?! How is this possible - if there's a patch or something, can someone direct me to it.....

Thanks..... sorry i've gone a bit!!!

AMD 1800+ XP (standard)
    MSI KT333 Ultra
    768 Mb Samsung PC2700
    2 40GIG Maxtor 7200 ATA133 (RAID)
    1 40GIG Maxtor 7200 (Backup)
    Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

hi there

i can only answer 1 question, and thats question 4.

yes there is a patch, get it at www.madonion.com

it adds a few more tests and is designed to utilise dirext8.1 features.
    The future looks bright but not for my wallet.

Thanks mate - i'll give it a shot now....

Re: Forum Newbie! A few questions on 9700

Originally posted by *Splosher*
    Alright all......

1) Morrowind: unbelivable improvement all 'round - 4x AA and 16x AS running at 1280+960 is superb and fogging has now gone back even further! However, as i walk towards any water within the game, the edge of it touching the ground starts to jump back and forth in time with my walking speed. As i'm using boots of blinding speed, this flickering is quite annoying - anyone else got this problem....?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I see you already got the patch,,,kewl!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Desktop refresh rate: I have the refresh rate of my monitor set at 85Hz, but when i enter a game, i lose about an inch off the right hand side of the screen. This is a pain when you've a HUD displaying in that particular corner of the screen and it can no longer be seen.... to sort this out, i come out and change the monitor refresh rate to 75Hz, but it'll do it again once in game. I know Win XP sets all games to a default 60Hz, but it's only started doing it since i put in the beta Direct X9 - anyone else had this problem...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get a refreshfix, from www.rage3d.com or www.warp2search.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Flat panel display: my OpenGL games won't display on my second screen - NEC 18" LCD - but are fine on my primary screen - Iiyama Vision Master Pro 19". I've downloaded the latest drivers and turned down all my cards settings in Open GL, but to no avail.
    Anyone else had this problem....?
    Second Screen?? have you installed HYRDAVISION,, right from www.ati.com

4) Mad Onion 2001 SE: this refuses to work with Direct X9, but yet i see people posting their results on Mad Onion using DX9...?!?! How is this possible - if there's a patch or something, can someone direct me to it.....
    Have you installed the 3D Mark 2001 SE Patch?? right from www.madonion.com

Thanks..... sorry i've gone a bit!!!

AMD 1800+ XP (standard)
    MSI KT333 Ultra
    768 Mb Samsung PC2700
    2 40GIG Maxtor 7200 ATA133 (RAID)
    1 40GIG Maxtor 7200 (Backup)
    Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

Nice one Radeon8500 - yeah, patched Mad Onion now and it's running fine. Thanks for the links to the refresh thing and other stuff, but i didn't know about a Morrowind patch to sort out the water effects... have to check it out.

Ta for now mate.