Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Well, you have his AIM and phone number, which means you can always charge him with mail fraud if he doesn't follow through. I really hate playing the heavy but I have been taken for a ride on the net before to the tune of $6500, so I don't play nice anymore. If you're going to buy and sell on the net, you had better do it right as far as I am concerned. If this guy doesn't get you your hardware or money, nail him.

He has till thursday or im reporting him to everything in creation. I have the time to spend to break his chops.
    Case - Chieftec Fulltower w/window
    Mobo - SOLD MOBO /CPU Abit KD7 ,2200+ AthlonXP That LOKEY_CPU HASNT PAYED ME FOR
    Power Supply - Antec Truepower (430Watt)
    CPU - AthXP 2400+ 0240 "9"@ anything above default is unstable
    Ram - 512 Corsair XMS PC3200 cas2.5
    HD - IBM 40Gb / 120Gb
    CD-R/W - Pacific Digital 32x
    DVD-R/W - Pioneer A04
    Video - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro RetailBoxed
    Speakers - Labtec Headphones/Altec Lansing 4 speakers and a sub

you're right jackie..and like i said..he's using other user names and was trading at anand as recently as a week ago, right? so...make sure bigc knows this other alias..assume nothing, talk to everyone....post the people at anand who are dealing with him on stuff over there..i believe he deals a lot at anands so that may get his attention check his heatware to see what other boards he posted on..that's how i found out he was on anands..he's also dealt with someone at icrontic..check that out...turn up the heat..post a public message asking if anyone can contact you regarding deals with this guy it's not saying right out there's a problem with him, but it's going to make people perk up and contact you...don't give up..there's a lot of places to go before you should throw up your hands...

i would contact people at this magazine

this is where his email addy at anands takes you to..check it out..i don't know what his connection is, but i imagine if you mail the publisher or an editor there, it wouldn't look too good on him if anyone who had problems emailed the magazine with a concern that this fellow may be dealing in stolen goods and outline the story..if he works for them, i'm sure they would not be thrilled to find out a potential thief is in their midst...

http://lokey_cpu@tbwt.com/

just found out they also have free email..great.once again anands does a great job of screening membership..anyway, regardless, the company still should cause him some grief over this and cancel his email pressure my friends, pressure

lokey_aleis@yahoo.com is the email address he has on heatware and is the address i paypal'ed.

i want to hear back from him before i do too much, like email his email provider.... ill post a warning in the forums i know he goes to and stuff for now.

got that..i just tried to post a ..if you traded with this guy, contact me at anands, as that's where the bulk of his trading seems to be at..i suspect he's got himself in over his head with all the stuff he had going..wouldn't be the first time..and no excuse..everyone needs to take care of business..no excuses..if you can get on there, i would simply locate his latest selling threads on the lockdawg user name (lokdawg, whatever dawg he is) and do that.leave your email address or whatever contact you have and start talking to some folk..

i cant post at anandtech because im on aol now, and you cant logon to anandtech from an aol ip. tomorrow ill post there from my moms house who has att cable. maybe you could post a warning on his threads. that would be much appreciated!

posting a warning is not the way to go..it will be implied without you saying it if you say something like "please contact me if you have traded with"..you can talk to them about details in email..trust me..better way to go for now..and very unlikely his ip will do anything..look, at the end of the day, you guys are going far enough to publicly and more or less say he has stolen from you..the longer you wait, the tougher it becomes..if you feel you've given him reasonable opportunity, go for it...or delete the thread here now and live with it.. there is no middle ground once you've gone public with an accusation..and that's what it is..and without hearing his side, sounds like it has merit.

i think it's the right place to go if he is being non responsive to your emails..if he is responding, then keep trying to move toward a resolution..calmly let him know that you 'll have to discuss this with trollhunters, post your concerns at all sites that he trades at, etc..then let him decide what he's going to do.

im not sure i understand what your saying. i shouldnt post a warning at anandtech? or that if i do theres no turnign back?

Great advice for fellow traders in here also, thanks tenax.

Hope you get this resolved.

ok, yeah it probably would be the best idea to post in hi9s threads, but i think i should make a post in the buy/sell forums of all the places he sells at similar to this thread. good idea?

Originally posted by gragland
    ok, yeah it probably would be the best idea to post in hi9s threads, but i think i should make a post in the buy/sell forums of all the places he sells at similar to this thread. good idea?
    Better check with mods of the froum that your going to post in, Some of them dont like you posting warning messages without them knowing all the details. I would just give the mod at anand tech the linky to this and they will handle him over there.

When I dealt with him it was thru a yahoo paypal also, because my deal went well with him I didnt save any of the other info. Sorry
    Wish I could be of more help.