Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    no..i wouldn't recommend posting a highly aggressive thread like this one is titled..remember, he was 21 heat evals that are positive..you want to calmly inquire of people who would respond to you "how was your trade with him"..most will say..good, bad..whatever..and.."why?" then you can say well here's what happened they say blah blah blah..it may tell you much more about him then you know at this point.. and you may get someone else who has dealt with him who can help you put pressure on him..

and that's another way to do it scoob..the main point i was trying to make was basically you've called him a troll here..no one has complained..yet..somewhere else may not be so tolerant...tread carefully, but don't give up..i reiterate..i see nothing wrong with simply asking members to contact you if they have dealt with him..and don't post anything else in public..only in emails and if they decide to smack you for it..they're losers

I left a PM with the trader forum mod over at anand (since Lokey was just logged in there today and linked him to this thread)
    I will post any replies I get from him in this thread.

thanks scoobert! thanks tenax, you have been a great help!

glad to be of service..i see all the heat, and frankly, want to believe there is simply some miscommunication here..that being said, traders good..have gone bad before..or gapped for awhile..not your problem though..you expect your goods or cash, in a reasonable amount of time. any other traders problems are not your problem unless they are dead or in a hospital almost dead

Weeeee I feel so comforted now heh thx for everything guys. At least if I dont get my stuff I will ruin his credit ya know. I really wouldn't like to do that but he might force me to do that.

john
    Case - Chieftec Fulltower w/window
    Mobo - SOLD MOBO /CPU Abit KD7 ,2200+ AthlonXP That LOKEY_CPU HASNT PAYED ME FOR
    Power Supply - Antec Truepower (430Watt)
    CPU - AthXP 2400+ 0240 "9"@ anything above default is unstable
    Ram - 512 Corsair XMS PC3200 cas2.5
    HD - IBM 40Gb / 120Gb
    CD-R/W - Pacific Digital 32x
    DVD-R/W - Pioneer A04
    Video - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro RetailBoxed
    Speakers - Labtec Headphones/Altec Lansing 4 speakers and a sub

well, i know where you're coming from..you really hate to do it and want to give people the benefit of the doubt...especially when a guy has great heat...i might have done a deal and given him money or stuff first as well based on that heat...but if i'm not getting satisfaction, my warning signs are:

a) has stopped communicating after they have goods or money..that's an easy one to spot.

b) they constantly offer excuses..gee, my computer crashed is a popular one..my dog died, my girlfriend left me..oh yeah, i'm just waiting for the money to come into my paypal or the always top 10 excuse, another guy is supposed to send me a hard drive to replace the one that i am selling you.. i give them 1 full week of the excuses and then i take them to task, fast and hard..contact people they have done deals with, get a mod to trace their ip, contact trollhunters..all the good stuff like a ton of bricks..and if i need to..darn rights i'll insult them in public if i know they did me wrong..

i almost have more respect for a troll who disappears from the face of the earth after they burn me..at least it's not adding insult to injury to see them happily trading somewhere after burning you..that's like waving a red flag in a bull's face

but, be cool...he has many more positives than the few negatives..and i think if he was setting a pattern of ripping folks off, either you're the first victims..or something's up and he's just not dealing with it very well.

Hey, I payed him for a laptop that I'm waiting for him to ship on Anandtech. I just noticed this name on Anandtech Traders to Avoid

Nguyen, Alex He has gone by alxnguyen, MasterOfEvil, BuMBaNgBaNg, and GATEWAY2001 at various forums to rip off 6 people of $1630. And as many like he do they will just change user names to try and swindle others. Lives in Seattle,WA
    More info on this dip.

I saw that this is "Mike's" Yahoo name. "lokey_aleis@yahoo.com " Notice the "aleis" I hope it's just coincidence. also, "Mike" lives 1 state to the south of "Alex"
    Last edited by WHSLacrossekid; 12-10-2002 at 09:35 PM.

i have seen that too, and reviewed it tonight..didn't want to create a panic and there is more than one person with his last name on that last and trading in general..i noticed the "aleis"..alias..cute..may mean nothing..may not..but you guys should stay in touch with each other..i also noted one location is oregon, one is seattle..that's a bit scary too, but inconclusive..keep your eyes open on his trades on anand gents.that's what i would do..and i would talk to some people..it's amazing how sometimes a guy will have ripped off 5 or 6 people..everyone's quiet until one guy speaks up and boom!

OK anandtech is all over this here is the reply from the PM I sent them.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will post this for all our mods immediately. He has great heat, so we have to find out as much as we can before we act.

Looks like someone has contacted the Troll Hunters. Any word back from them? We work pretty closely with them so if they have any confirming info, it would be a big help.

Is this the only bad deal, or are there more?

AnandTech Moderator

Please give us the name of the person who posted the second problem, immediately. We are discussing this right now, and it takes too long to read the whole thing looking for the deal.

Yes, you can post our reply.

Mod

you rock scoobert good man...aside from your thread hijacking on jackie's for sale LOLOL

Originally posted by tenax
    you rock scoobert good man...aside from your thread hijacking on jackie's for sale LOLOL
    watch it there buddy...you dont wanna go thru another Ice age do ya?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaah

ROWWWWWR!

wow that was quick... I hope it all gets resolved
    Last edited by Scoobert; 12-10-2002 at 11:24 PM.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.. hold your horses here fellas!!! We need to communicate here, before my good name is bashed any further!!

Reticulex: Why wasn't i informed about this thread earlier this afternoon when we spoke over the phone ?!? You should have said something before making such a post! I just found this thread linked from AT and an email i received from a friend.. I almost crapped my pants reading the thread..
    You have a PM there bro. I still don't have AIM back up yet. I can assure you will get your money for our deal.. I ain't no freakin' troll bro!

Gragland: I responded to the email you sent earlier today.. like I said I will check the status on the claim one more time tommorrow, but i highly doubt the post office would loose the box as it would have been sent back to me.. nonetheless i want to confirm what happend to it before i paypal the money back..

quote: "I know Lokey_CPU has the visiontek i paid him for because in his 3dmark2001 compare in the description it says "visiontek geforce 4 4200" and its dated 11/9/2002!!!!!!!

link: http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4453857"

That benchmark was done with the Visiontek looooong before I sold it to you buddy, it was done on 9/11/02 (not 11/9/02) and I shipped that card shortly after paypal was received!

The mess needs to be straighened out ASAP I agree.. again you guys both have my number, I respond to my emails and PM's, no AIM yet, but will be back up shortly! so getting a hold of me shouldn't be any problem!

tenax, scoob, trollhunters or anyone else doing investigative work if you would like to speak with me directly, PM or email me if you would like any information.. btw:Alex Nguyen is in no way related to me.

Please update this thread accordingly when this is straighened out..

Peace