Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Why didn't you post in the thread at Anandtech?

I have PM'd Mike Nguyen at Anand and have yet to get any response. The moderators there have told me they will keep his account open for a reasonable amount of time to allow him to respond to these issues.

All of his current threads are locked and he will not be allowed to start any new ones.

As far as the "aleis" in his Yahoo email address, that is his girl friend's name. I did have a small trade with him about a month ago and I made the money order out in her name.
    Last edited by TonyH; 12-10-2002 at 11:44 PM.

so, if i read correctly from you LOKEY..

you are not denying you have goods..or that you owe money for them..

soooo..why haven't you paid up..and sorry, no..i won't pm you..i think it best for you to explain to anyone who reads this thread why this has not been resolved?

by the way, if you received money..and he did not receive goods (specifically talking about G's case here) then you should pay him the money..and pursue your claim..your responsibility to wait from where i stand..not his. onus is on the seller shipping goods..always.

in regards to the original poster, i too would start getting very suspicious especially if a trader with such good refs as yourself in the past took a month (if that is true..and i don't see you denying it) and still hadn't resolved this situation to the satisfaction of everyone.
    Last edited by tenax; 12-10-2002 at 11:51 PM.

i think he thinks i got the package and am now trying to get my money back. so he wants to find out what happened to the package before he sends my money back. i understand that, bad damn its frustrating, what can i do to prove i never got the package?

oldsmoboat Why didn't you post in the thread at Anandtech?

I just did, I just resonded to a slew of PM's in my inbox sorry for not responding sooner on that thread earlier, i didn't even know that it existed till a little while ago ..

TonyH

I responded to your PM on AT thanks, btw hows the HSF workin'?

Tenax

I am not denying i have received goods yes, reason for delayed payment is because the funds transferred into my paypal account from my bank never went through for some reason, that status of that transfer was still *pending* today, though i cancelled that transfer request, and will be sending a money order instead soon.. reason for this whole transaction taking a month, is because originally Reticulex wanted me to order a motherboard for him, so i went through a friend, and he got a line on the mobo he wanted for a fairly good price, he couldn't order the motherboard himself with PayPal because he was not verified or confirmed, so he wanted me to do it.. well i had my buddy order the board from his distributor so far so good, board was to be in the next shipment from the dist.. well while we were waiting for the status of the board, Reticulex changes his, mind and wants the cash instead, so i then tell my friend that the board is no longer needed etc. made myself look like an ***.. so i get the funds back into my bank account.. then transfer the funds to PayPal to pay him.. 2 weeks later funds aren't there yet.. he's pissed which is undstandable, all i can do now is reassure him that he'll get his money very soon..

As for the video card, It was sent off a long time ago, after payment was received! gragland informed me that he had not yet received the card, i then filed a claim to see if the could trace the whereabouts of the package or if there's any insurance that can be collected if the package was not found.. there is where we stand now.

Just curious, but why didn't you just send him the money from your bank account directly through paypal? You can have Paypal just go straight to your account and debit your checking accout, no need to wait their 3-4 days to transfer funds to your paypal account.

I'm not taking sides or anything, I've just noticed this on a few trades were the length or delay in payment was the problem.

That way has always worked for me, hopefully I'm not missing some important info on why not to do this!

Finally some justice.... well , lokey you say i change my mind... I changed my MIND as your package was going to you. So what difference does that make? you told me when you recieved the package you would get me an A7n8x. We looked online. You said you had to cancel an order with a friend to buy it online. So you never ever came THROUGH buying it ONLINE so what did I do? I called you told you to forget the 1600+ because all I wanted was cash of the balance of what a A7N8X would cost. You said ok. Well it took you even longer then , you never got the paypal funds or im guessing you got no funds you just like to rip people off ,especially that Im youg you takin advantage. You said 2 days after thanks giving you would send a money order or check. Well here it is , tuesday nite I didn't recieve nothing. What do I have to do ? Get a fire under your *** to get you to payup ? My dad is really pist man you got no clue. All I got to say is if I don't recieve the money bro your life is gona be miserable. If you payup like a normal person I wish ya the best of luck. Don't say I wasn't nice or anything I treated you more like a friend then a Person that just trades. Maybe you saw I was easy going? Well i'll call you or something later.

John
    Case - Chieftec Fulltower w/window
    Mobo - SOLD MOBO /CPU Abit KD7 ,2200+ AthlonXP That LOKEY_CPU HASNT PAYED ME FOR
    Power Supply - Antec Truepower (430Watt)
    CPU - AthXP 2400+ 0240 "9"@ anything above default is unstable
    Ram - 512 Corsair XMS PC3200 cas2.5
    HD - IBM 40Gb / 120Gb
    CD-R/W - Pacific Digital 32x
    DVD-R/W - Pioneer A04
    Video - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro RetailBoxed
    Speakers - Labtec Headphones/Altec Lansing 4 speakers and a sub

By the way I didn't tell you on the phone as , I wanted to see what you would say about the ti 4200 you sold the "pny" if you still had it there like 1 month ago when you offerd me one as we where doing this. I did inform everyone that I spoke to you on the phone , and had till thursday to get back to me completely on geting me either my money back or my setup. By the way bro what kind of guy are you? I tell ya on the phone I don't even want the 1600+ cuz you where complaining you could use it blahblah if your other cpu's break. I figured it would give me better odds of geting my money or an a7n8x from you if you remember it took like 3weeks before i even mentioned money instead of an a7n8x , I felt like you where never going to get it so I just wanted to be assured cash atleast. 2 Days later you tell me ooh I orderd a 1700+ TBRED from newegg. I said how. You said oh I sold the 1600+ . Well man thats messed up you tell me you need it an stuff incase something happens to your other cpu. Then instead you sell it. Instead of having the decency to say ya know ret it was the original deal bro it's yours. No you rush to trade it after bitching you needed it.

john
    Case - Chieftec Fulltower w/window
    Mobo - SOLD MOBO /CPU Abit KD7 ,2200+ AthlonXP That LOKEY_CPU HASNT PAYED ME FOR
    Power Supply - Antec Truepower (430Watt)
    CPU - AthXP 2400+ 0240 "9"@ anything above default is unstable
    Ram - 512 Corsair XMS PC3200 cas2.5
    HD - IBM 40Gb / 120Gb
    CD-R/W - Pacific Digital 32x
    DVD-R/W - Pioneer A04
    Video - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro RetailBoxed
    Speakers - Labtec Headphones/Altec Lansing 4 speakers and a sub

Originally posted by Lokey_Cpu
    Tenax

As for the video card, It was sent off a long time ago, after payment was received! gragland informed me that he had not yet received the card, i then filed a claim to see if the could trace the whereabouts of the package or if there's any insurance that can be collected if the package was not found.. there is where we stand now. [/B]
    you're missing my point...i've dealt with and talked to many of the best traders around..and the concensus is..if goods go missing from your end after a reasonable amount of time for shipping, it is your responsibility to :

#1 make good in some way with the other party. money back, replace the goods.

#2 you to file the claim ( i know that because a guy i dealt with a mobo on asked me to file a claim for the mobo he sent. i talked to usps and canada post at length. they would not even discuss it with me. said it was the seller's responsibility to followup on the claim)

that is why i ALWAYS send tracked shipping.the very rare exception is if the item is too cheap to pay that kind of shipping money, in which case it is made clear to the other party and back that i am shipping the item at their own risk in the event it goes missing, disappears. i.e. i just sold a copy of tribunal and at the selling price, wasn't worth my while to pay tracked shipping. told the fellow that, he came back and said he is willing to take the risk.

now, if G said, send it cheapest shipping possible, if it goes awry and gets lost, i'm willing to take the chance that is the another story and if that was the case, i offer my apologies, but i believe that would be key and i'm not getting the impression the method of shipping was an issue.

people, you gotta realize when shipping stuff that yes, 39 deals will ship fine and it seems like there will never be a case of your package going missing, but it happens..or , it sits in a bin for 3 months until someone comes across it..the 40th deal will kill your rep!

now, in this case, i find it interesting there are 2 deals in dispute. what's happened, LoK? you';ve gone from 21 pos paypals (i note a few say slow in shipping..i read them all last night)...are you maybe involved in too many deals and got yourself in a bind?

I agree with tenax. If I don't want to eat the cost of something I am shipping, I get insurance. I just did a deal on another board for $25. The DC shows it was delivered but the seller claims he didn't get the MO. I didn't get insurance. So for $25 I am just going to pay him again and add him to my DNT list. I'd rather protect my reputation and I took the risk of not insuring it.

trader alert bump....

I requested and paid extra for insurance and priority with d-conf. and supposedly thats what he got. Hopefully he gets a response on his claim soon.

*stuck* til these deals are made good.

T

Originally posted by gragland
    I requested and paid extra for insurance and priority with d-conf. and supposedly thats what he got. Hopefully he gets a response on his claim soon.
    Shouldnt have to get response on the claim. He can check on-line if the package was delivered to the house and the insurance on it will force the postman to get a siggy on it when he drops it off.
    Check the DC # see if it was delivered anywhere and if not he owes you a refund or another card. I have dealt with lokey and had no problems of any type, still using the ram I bought from him. Just looks like he got into the bad habit of spending the paypal money before the item sold is delivered and fully checked out. It's hard ( I Know) to just have that money sitting in paypal for a week and not spend it. I dont touch mine until the new owner of the item is happy with what he bought or the DOA period is over, that way if anything goes wrong I can have his money back to him the same day.

Thanks For the Sticky Tigs