Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    check out the "Join the Barbarian frogs" sticky. Its the second post in the distributed folding forum. Read through that It has just about everything you need to know to get started..

I started with an intel xt 640k computer then just followed the new technoligy as it came out. I am now starting my life over and i am back in school trying to receive my ba in computer science. my grand mother, aunt, father all died of one form of cancer. And now that my health is in question i felt now would be a time to do something no matter how small and hopefully my son would carry this on.
    I live in Sidney Ne. moved here from Las Vegas Nv. to slow down and enjoy life a little. Computer repair and large digital format printing was my job, keeping them up and running. A new way of life begins

Re: Know about your teammates -> A little about yourself

Just noticed the thread.

About me, what a joke, I am. Anywho's, I'm from Illinois, farm boy, corn feed, country bred. Joined the U.S. Army in '79 and still going strong.

Currently at Fort Knox, KY (yes we have gold here!)

I have a small fleet of farming machines which has numbered anywhere from 3 to 60 pc's. Currently only working with about 15 to 20. It's hard to maintain a fleet and keep a team in line. Oh, forgot to tell you. I was/is the Team leader from HCW which is moving on, so I came this away and brought some great soldiers with me.

I hope you guys like the little present we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by rstarr
    Just noticed the thread.

About me, what a joke, I am. Anywho's, I'm from Illinois, farm boy, corn feed, country bred. Joined the U.S. Army in '79 and still going strong.

Currently at Fort Knox, KY (yes we have gold here!)

I have a small fleet of farming machines which has numbered anywhere from 3 to 60 pc's. Currently only working with about 15 to 20. It's hard to maintain a fleet and keep a team in line. Oh, forgot to tell you. I was/is the Team leader from HCW which is moving on, so I came this away and brought some great soldiers with me.

I hope you guys like the little present we leave.
    What area in Illinois u from? I'm from southern,Illinois also
    I'm down on the south eastern side.
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Spankinmonkee
    What area in Illinois u from? I'm from southern,Illinois also
    I'm down on the south eastern side.
    Northwest, Morrison, Ill. HWY 30, almost right along the mighty Mississippi.
    One step at a time

Heatware 57-0-0

Ebay 188-0-0

I'm Dan. and i'm from the UK
    DFI NFII LAN Party Ultra B 5/5 BIOS
    AMD Athlon Barton XP 3200+ 400 FSB with an SP-97 on top
    Corsair Platinum TwinX 512MB DDR XMS3200C2PT CAS2
    Sapphire Atalntis 9600XT 256MB Catalyst 4.1
    Antec TruePower 430W
    Windows XP Home

Hi Dan, i`m also from the UK
    AKA
    Colonel Burton

Hi Dan and wintz, i am also from the UK
    studying computing at oxford brookes
    live in London too... where u guys from?
    Rig1: Running stock, 3DMark03 = 2167
    AMD Athlon XP 2600
    LanParty DFI NFII UltraB (v6.00PG)
    Crucial PC2700 512MB RAM
    Seagate 120gb SATA
    MSI GeForce FX5600
    Enermax 465w PSU

Rig2:
    AMD Duron 1800
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    Crucial PC2700 512MB RAM
    IBM 20GB
    300w PSU

well i figured since i provide to the team i figured i would explain who I am to you guys...

well first of all my name is Mr_mann...
    i'm a member of the US army and im stationed in korea....

I run a few computers... i guess you would call me a DC freak.. all started with SETI
    got 7200~ WU's in that then ive participated in many other projects... DF, FAD, G@H,
    RC5-64, etc... most of my machines i run as servers... a couple dual opties... and some
    other odds and ends.. but thats me and its nice to join ur team.

And another "Brit" although now also a damned Yankee Been folding for a while now looking at this new FAD
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_dog
    Hi Dan and wintz, i am also from the UK
    studying computing at oxford brookes
    live in London too... where u guys from?
    ohh sh*t sorry m8 totally missed your post i`m from Sheffield m8
    AKA
    Colonel Burton

I am from Toronto and spent a year a the Distributed Folding Project where I saw an Invitation to join your team to work of the find a drug project. I hope I can help the team thrash the competiition in anyway possible. I have a question, on that project it was possible to assign a much larger portion of your RAM to the folding with substantial improvement in the time taken to get results

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo1988
    I am from Toronto and spent a year a the Distributed Folding Project where I saw an Invitation to join your team to work of the find a drug project. I hope I can help the team thrash the competiition in anyway possible. I have a question, on that project it was possible to assign a much larger portion of your RAM to the folding with substantial improvement in the time taken to get results

Don't think FAD has that control - maybe one of the resident experts can confirm for sure.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Yes, the old Distrubuted Folding project did have a switch that would allow more RAM to be devoted to it's self, effectively doubling it's preformance. Without the switch, DF only used around 20 to 30 MB of RAM. But with the switch turned on, it'll use just over 100 MB of RAM.

The new project, Find-a-Drug doesn't have such a feature. I don't know whether such a feature would affect the performance of the program due to the differences between both projects.

Let's see...I was born and raised in Iowa. Yes, that is the place with all the corn, soybeans, hogs and cattle. We moved to Wisconsin in 1999 and lived on beautiful Lake Michigan for two years before moving to the Twin Cities. I went to work for a Fortune 100 company until I had enough and quit a few weeks ago. I am now taking it easy and getting caught up with all that has passed me by.

I started crunching Seti after receiving an invitation from Pijo. I did manage to achieve some pretty amazing totals thanks to that Fortune 100 company I mentioned. I played around with Genome, Distributed Folding and Folding along the way. I guess there was a side of me that thought there might be more to life than chasing aliens. I joined this team about a month ago. It seems a much more worthwhile use of CPU cycles. On a side note, I lost my father to cancer and would like to help find a cure. I process all of the projects as they all need help.

Team Swordfish