Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Know about your teammates -> A little about yourself

Where to start? Wow how time flies... I'm married to the bestest woman in the entire world Alysha, she puts up with me and all quarks and never complains (at least not to me) I have two wonderful and beautiful children. (http://www.roseler.com/) Zachary is 8 and Lyndsey is 3. Zachary is in the second grade and just loves school and anything to do with his Nintendo's, and Lyndsey currently is still at home with my wife and she loves anything Barbie!

I am currently working for Dell Inc, and have been with them since July of 1999. I started out working for Dell in the major accounts tech support group and have since moved into what is known as the 'CSQ' or custom support queue. Basically we are an extension of Dell Managed Services and what we do is act as an extension of companies helpdesk and/or we are fully integrated as their helpdesk. It's pretty deal actually. However, in the next two weeks I'll be moving back to Kansas City where we are all from and will be seeking out new employment.

Last but not least I started doing SETI way back in the day as part of the Dell T/S team. I grew rather bored with that and then came here and joined the AMDMD Genome @ Home team and did that until we as a group stopped that and went onto DF'ing, and we it closed shop, we switched to FaD. I've really enjoyed all the people I've met on this team and forum and plan on being here until they kick me out.
    Last edited by Joofoo; 04-18-2005 at 04:20 PM.
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

Well, I just joined tonight. I haven't gotten all the PC's converted over yet, but just about all. My name is 2 Uncle B's

I've been involved with Seti for quite awhile now. Just over 55K work units and I'm glad to be here.

More later!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Talking Re: Know about your teammates -> A little about yourself

Now look at how the group has just gained respect with an elder (not older) statesman joining the fray. My younger brother, Spankin' Partier, rambles on about the days before and has always spoke well of anyone he has come in contact with through the various iterations of Seti, DF, FaD, and the like, and seeing the consistent names of people popping up, I am glad to see you have been able to join us in our quest towards cures. All of the extra banter is the fun that this brings, especially digging deep in to the lexicons of ones mind... The Barbarian Word Game. All I can say is watch out folks, the Frogs are a climbing, pillaging and plundering, so lock up the valuables and hide the beer, here we come.

The Seti folks told me they would "try to warn you'all about me"....I told them there was no need. I'd been a "Barbarian word gamer" for quite some time.

I'll probably have some questions later on how to best optomize my machines. I ran since last night (so about 10 hrs now) and have 10 machines so far running.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Well lets see. I`m 40+ years old and married(no kids at home,all married and gone). My wife has 3 boys from her previous marrage(good boys). Both myself and my wife work in the auto industry. We both make seats for vehicles. She makes them for Ford(Crown Vic) and i make them for GM(Equinox,Torrent,and the new Susuki coming out in late 2006). We live in Southwestern Ontario.

I have alot of reasons for running Find-A-Drug,mainly the passing of my father in 1992 to Hodgkin Lymphoma, and my mother is fighting CLL(Cronic Lymphocytic Leukemia). She goes weekly for chemo and blood transfusions. She has done excellent so far, as she was espected to not live this long. Even though i live to far to visit often, i always call her every 2nd weekend to tell her how much i love her. I don`t think she will be around for much longer(maybe 6-12 months tops) as her cancer is getting to out of control. Even signs from the doctors telling her to take a trip to see her family in Nova Scotia for 2 weeks. They said it will probally not be possible soon if she doesn`t go now. So she did and really had a good time(my oldest sister lives/travels with her). Well i think thats enough for now,time to head to bed,as i just posted to midnights and getting use to sleeping during the days has been rough. Night all,or should i say mornin all

Hi all! Well lets see how far back I can go. Ok I'm 45, Live in Yermo California(I've lived in Sun Valley(Born at Victory Hospital @ 12:02pm on July 6th(a Wednesday then), 1960), Lomita(twice), MarVista, Tulare, Dominguez(North Long Beach zip code and annexed to the City of Carson), Long Beach CA(briefly), Ft Jackson SC, San Gabriel CA, Hesperia CA, Now Yermo, My first computer was an Atari 400 and a 410 cassette recorder back in 1979 which I bought at a Nextel store on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena CA(My Mom hated Computers), then I got an 800XL, then a 600XL and I'm one of the few to have had a 1400XL motherboard(I installed It in a slightly modified 1200XL case with a 1200XL keyboard, The mod was in the back for the PBI interface and the PBI the 1400XL had was the same as the one the 800XL had, I ought to know I ran an 80Mb seagate hdd running off It with an ICD interface), Later I got an Atari ST, a 520ST, then a 520STfm doubled the ram to a whole megabyte, then a Mega ST, Then I switched to the Amiga as I was getting a bit frustrated with the Tramiels want more features? Buy a new ST. first It was a 1000, then I bought a 3000, then a 4000, Then when Commodore went belly up, I built My 1st PC in about 1992(don't remember too much about It) It had an SiS chipset and the Bios was hoorible(Not SiS fault though), then I rebuilt It and had an Intel Pentium 233MX cpu, Then I had a couple of K6 cpus Asus motherboard + K6 300MHz cpu and 550MHz with a Gigabyte GA-5AX motherboard(My 1st ATX), then I got into socket A(K7) and had an Epox motherboard, Iwill and a 1GHz cpu, then I upgraded to K8 rather late, not as late as for Socket A(I can't remember the motherboard I had then), In any case I've owned Asus motherboards, Iwill motherboards, I now have an Asus K8N-DL, an MSI K8T Neo2-F and a Supermicro H8DCE(see My sig on these last 3), I'm as comfortable as with PCs as I've ever been, My relatives are Ok with PCs(except for one, He's a truck driver He may never understand them at all, It's not that He's dumb, But considering He suffered some brain damage after being born due to not enough O2), I've lived in Southern California all My life, researched My family tree back to 1770 Ireland, Linked as many family names to photos so that people will know who is who in them(I had a great-great-great grandmother who came across the plains to Texas in a Conestoga Wagon that was pulled by two oxen,. I've traveled as far north as the southern Washington border with Oregon and as far east as Arizona(by car) and South Carolina(by Airplane), Some of My Moms handiwork is now in a perfect vacuum(Lunar vacuum of course), It's the plaque on the landing leg of the lower half of the LEM of Appollo 11(It's made of copper(Some were advertized on ebay as reproductions and that the originals were made of aluminum[WRONG! Copper was cheaper], My Mom did touch up work for Chem Aero back then where It was made and of course It had four names on It for that 1969 moon landing and one of them was an Honourary Astronaut, Guess Who? Hint: He was elected and was almost impeached) and You can all see where It about is(mostly). They landed on one of the Mares(Seas), The Sea of Tranquility as I remember(Had a free subscription to National Geographic from My Uncle Worth). And there are No rover tracks near It.

Talking Re: Know about your teammates -> A little about yourself

now i have to lie about myself dammmm.
    well ok here goes i'm 21, a model and have guys hanging off me all day..
    dont believe me well ok.

ok...
    i just turned 40,, definitely no model but hey some of us needed brains..
    I'm single and not by choice but hey the nice ones are always hiding behind a screen..
    I don't like computers at all but i am totally addicted and have been for 28 years and its hard to give up an addiction..(ie got my retirement organised properly and bought new computer first( didn't even have a bed at the
    time)) so i'm hooked...
    My comp is:

ABIT KV-85 with VIA chipsets K8M800 + VT8237R
    socket 754 with a Sempron 2800+ processor
    DDR400 256 mb ram
    80 gb hd ata not sata(bummer)
    nvidia geforce 4200 256 mb ram
    SAMSUNG dvd r/rw
    LG cd r/rw
    dsl thru eth0
    dual boot WINFLAWS XP and (yes)MANDRIVA 2006
    surround sound 5.1 ac97 set up and annoying the neighbours

I'm into earthy things and i'm on other sites as wraithe40 or wraithe..
    I'm the "Witch with the leastess but I want the mostess"

Well if you want to know me approach me.. I don't bite(well not always)..
    Hope to harass you all online ....
    Wraithe (wraithieee)

Quote Originally Posted by wraithe
    dont believe me well ok.

ok...
    I'm single and not by choice but hey the nice ones are always hiding behind a screen..
    I don't like computers at all but i am totally addicted and have been for 28 years and its hard to give up an addiction..(ie got my retirement organised properly and bought new computer first( didn't even have a bed at the
    time)) so i'm hooked...
    My comp is:

DDR400 256 mb ram
    SAMSUNG dvd r/rw
    LG cd r/rw
    dsl thru eth0

Wraithe (wraithieee)

Hi wraithe.

Enjoy Your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithe
    dont believe me well ok.

ok...
    time)) so i'm hooked...
    My comp is:

DDR400 256 mb ram
    SAMSUNG dvd r/rw
    LG cd r/rw
    dsl thru eth0

Wraithe (wraithieee)

I like you already, welcome aboard the boinc wagon
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

Thank you guys...

I promise not to cause too much fun!!!!!
    wwwweeeeellllllllll

lots of fun instead...
    and possibly and a bit of trouble...
    Hey thats life..
    have fun and emjoy cause I will.. bye

Welcome here, you may just sick enough to hang with us! If not, cheerup, we give free lessons.

Pull my finger for starters!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Welcome here, you may just sick enough to hang with us! If not, cheerup, we give free lessons.

Pull my finger for starters!

Go outside BOB and pull your own finger...lol

don't forget the air freshner, its in the linen cupboard....

pppooooo you smellllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooo, that was you who pulled my finger!!

Spoiler!

MJD1964
    I'm 41 married (2nd) with 2 kids(1st). Work at a GM dealer as a Transmission Tech (22yrs).
    Live out in the country in the middle of nowhere. Like It!!!

Hobbys, Harleys and Computers.
    Been with Amdmb since 03/2001.

Last edited by MJD1964; 06-10-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Here we go...
    I was born in Sydney, Australia in 1980 (that makes me 26).
    In 1999 I moved to Croatia where my family is originally from.
    Currently I'm studying at a university (1 year to go, hopefully)
    I'm also working at a newspaper documentation office until I finish uni. - thanks to them I was able to get a new cruncher