Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Unhappy toddalaska- troll

okay well like the title says..... so im posting this to see what i should do or if you guys can get him to just sent what is mine to me.... so heres the story.. it all started around dec.. 3rd

well i emailed him about this post... http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=175093 saying that i would trade him my asus a7v333-r for the peltier and peltier psu.. so it was fine.. he aggreed with the terms..

"greg that wqould be perfect for me, how is that board (the nv333 r?)

definitely though i just need an 333 board real bad,.

I got an nf2 also but its getting rmaed as we speak, I loved it while it worked though.

but yes Im definitely a go on that , the i just need a 333 board that i can run as my backup ."

and so this is what i hear back...

"ok great, lets do it.

my shipping addy

zap me yours when you get this, mine will go out wednesday, I dont know if you have any refs or heatware, but for me you can check with any of the big traders on amdmb.

goobee, xanex911 1970ss, phoenix15 all those guys Ive dealt with
    "

so it was a deal.. i sent him my address and shipped his mobo out the same day or the day after, i cant remeber its been so god damn long ago...

so a few days later i got this..

"hey greg, sorry i didnt get back to you earlier, yours is sent too.

give it an extra day or two though, alaska isnt the fastest place to get mail out of"

and then this..

"Hey Greg, yeah i got it and got it running.

Hey screwed up tyeh addy your package and it was back at my house as of yesterday, will yuou resend your addy to me andd ill get it expressed down to you"

and then this..

"yeah greg sorry it is remailed though . Ill have my keep checking on it, (he works at the post office)"

but its now 24 days after he says he mailed it... so what should i do...
    Last edited by tenax; 05-21-2003 at 10:21 AM.

and anther thing.. look at me with 23 posts or what ever and i went through with my end of the deal.. but a guy with 2300 posts or what ever screw me.. humm thats great

you have pm

Read the Rules:
    7)PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you have a problem with a user.. do not under any circumstances post their personal information. This includes home addresses, phone numbers, and social security numbers. I will wipe it as soon as I notice it and you will be warned that it will not be tolerated.

Sorry to hear of your trouble but I would try and contact Todd first before posting his personal info on here.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

My experience with Todd was a positive one, that much I can say. As he is a regular forum member here, I do not believe that it was his intention to "screw" anyone.

Alaska is a bad place to ship out of, the weather can get very bad for days on end. Give him a chance to work this out.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

sorry about the address, i didnt even know it was in there...

well its been 24 DAYS!!!! it only took my package like 4 days to get from kansas to alaska.... so im guessing thats not the reason..

Damn, here we go again. Well my buddy T-rex should we take this case?
    Sorry to hear about you having a problem though AOC. With that many post I cant see why he would ruin his rep on a mobo. But it has been 24 days. I think I would be checking up on everything that can be done, get it all ready. But then wait til we or you can contact him to find out his side of the story. Just MHO

Originally posted by Goobee
    Alaska is a bad place to ship out of, the weather can get very bad for days on end. Give him a chance to work this out.
    There didn't seem to be any problem receiving packages in Alaska that month though.
    XP2400+
    Epox 8RDA+ rev 1.0 VDD, VDIMM modded
    256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500
    Abit Siluro ti4200 Vmem, GPU modded - pelt cooled.

well, i agree..24 days seems more than reasonable...i think what we need to establish is where is the communication at at this point before we jump...i know todd has been emailed or pmed to see what the deal is..i have yet to have a clear sense of whether communication continues or is this the latest after 24 days. amdoverclocker, i got your pms with the details, thank you..but no timelines except for "it's been 24 days"..

it appears if i read correctly that..

communication #1-you guys had initial communication on the trade..

communication #2-his to say that he had sent it to you but it appears to have had some delay in shipping from what you might have expected. it appears you prompted him on the status.

communication #3- to say he had sent it but it had been returned and he would have to resend.

and then you indicate a few more messages to see if it had been returned or not..

where i'm going on this is to try to determine what the timeline was on communications..i.e. is he just slow in communicating and shipping...many good traders are and while 24 days seems like plenty if you want to treat it as black and white, in the gray area, it might be reasonable..

did he provide a tracking # of anything.

did you request any indicator that it had been shipped?

please answer all the questions..put dates along with each of your communications please. that will help those of us more experienced in "delay" situations etc. to determine what's going on.

tanks...

i know as well that there is at least one person from here in the process of trying to reach todd to see what he is doing about the situation.

okay well no shipping trace was given but then i didnt ask for one nore did i give him on when i shipped my mobo...

*** note- well when i say was sent to me, im saying that i got the message at that time.., i think atleast, isnt that how outlook dates there mail???? ****

this message...

"ok great, lets do it.

my shipping addy

zap me yours when you get this, mine will go out wednesday, I dont know if you have any refs or heatware, but for me you can check with any of the big traders on amdmb.

goobee, xanex911 1970ss, phoenix15 all those guys Ive dealt with"

.... was sent to me on Monday, December 02, 2002 9:23 PM.

"yeah 220 watt pelt, the psu, and the colpldate drilled with amd mounting holes, for the asus.

Ill get mine boxed up after work today and get it out in the morning, and you have the addy,, so we should be all set"

... was sent to me on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 7:44 AM.

"hey greg, sorry i didnt get back to you earlier, yours is sent too.

give it an extra day or two though, alaska isnt the fastest place to get mail out of"

.... was sent to me on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 11:50 PM.

"Hey Greg, yeah i got it and got it running.

Hey screwed up tyeh addy your package and it was back at my house as of yesterday, will yuou resend your addy to me andd ill get it expressed down to you"

... so he got the package on or before the Thursday, December 12, 2002 1:27 PM.

"yeah greg sorry it is remailed though . Ill have my keep checking on it, (he works at the post office)"

..... Monday, December 16, 2002 6:08 AM

so i think that those dates.. if he did ship it.. would have been to my house by now... and if he really did ship them, well then maybe he needs to talk to the people he shipped it with to see where it is and/or if its MIA.

And we need to find out how it was shipped.

for that you'll have to ask todd becuse i have no idea at all.

amdoverclocker,
    Have you spoken with Todd since the 16th?
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

nope.