Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    uhmmmm yes. a very good thing...

Who knows why he's not returning anyone's PMs or responding to this thread. I guess it's a positive sign seeing that's he's still logging into the forum, that is, he hasn't run off. Beyond that, only he knows.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

unfortunately, he has not logged on at his favorite haunts since this came out aside from the post yesterday evening...but nothing today...not a good sign..

I was going to trade him my p4 setup for an AGOIA. He didn't , respond to my emails for a week or two. I remember he had some good heat, so maybe he just sucks at replying to emails?

Anyways, I just emailed him. We'll see.

D.C.
    Temporary sig...
    Athlon XP 2300+ (Tbred @ 11x170)/ Epox 8rga+/ 512 REAL Samsung PC2700
    80gb Western Digital SE/ Enermax 431w / LG16x10x40 / Aopen Slot Load DVD

Asus A7v133/1.0 duron @ 8.5x133 256 Crucial PC133 cas2
    Rage Pro AIW 12 meg/DVD drive/ SB Live / Maxtor 80gb D740X

HP ZE1201
    Athlon XP 1400+ / 256 megs of ram / 3com 802.11b wireless / WinXP Home / 14" TFT / 20gb / 8xDVD

thanks for everyones help, hopefully we can get this wroked out..

Originally posted by DavemanUT
    I was going to trade him my p4 setup for an AGOIA. He didn't , respond to my emails for a week or two. I remember he had some good heat, so maybe he just sucks at replying to emails?

Anyways, I just emailed him. We'll see.

D.C.

unfortunately, poor communication tied to items that were "maybe" sent 24 days ago makes for a dangerous combination when trading..thanks for trying to contact him dave...

wow just got back and this thread is boming.

amdoverclocker, this sale definitely hasnt gone as planned and my apologies, i have a good reputation here and am not out to troll you.

basically i cant afford the 35.00 to reship the stuff until i get paid.

If the store i work in gets its order monday ill get paid that day (checks are in the order).

all i can say is sorry bout taking so long, and that you will get it as soon as I get paid.

I didnt bother to read the rest of the thread, this post only applies to you.

Ive never trolled in the past and dont plan on starting now.

Well, I think it's not as simple as that. If what amdoverclocker quoted is what you had said, you told him the package had already been resent. If you could not afford to resend it, then you should have told him that.

And if you were posting on the forums as recently as last night, then you could have PM'd amdoverclocker and gave him a status update.

I for one need some additional explanation before I am satisfied you've been acting in good faith...
    John Helzer

Todd, you and I have done business before. As I posted earlier in the the thread, I didn't think you intentionally wanted to troll anyone.

However, clear and open communication is 100% necessary if you are unable to successfully conclude a deal. For a while, no one could get a hold of you. You were seen logging in so you definitely got the PMs.

You need to make this deal good ASAP. If it means borrowing money, you need to do it. PM bigcfromcinci if you need an intermediary but before anything else, contact amdoverclocker.

Your rep is riding on how you fix this.

Goobee I have emailed amd overclocker tonight,

Im not out to troll i havent posted on here everyday for a year to throw it all away over this, I enjoy this community alot , and really have no intention on being a pariah here.

Hes been emailed and i will make it right asap, I dont think ive ever even had a questionable deal on this forum and i really didnt ahve the intention on taking this long, and yes i did mislead him about the resend, a definite bad call on my part hands down.

anyhow ive emailed amdoverclocker with the timeframe and such and thats all i can really do for now as its 10:30 sunday noght

Very good Todd, that's a step in the right direction. However, there's no way around it now. Your rep is going to be tarnished for a bit. Cleaning this mess up will help but only time will do the rest.

Live and learn, I know you'll be more careful in the future.

yeha ill have to live with the tarnished rep for a while which i deserve for sure.

Ill stick with working out hardware issues, thats definitely more my department than the trading i guess.

And my apologies to all the hot deals guys, this kind of thing tarnishes the hot deals forum and all the people that use it. Sorry.

Anyway ill leave this thread alone and hopefully amdoverclocker will post later this week when things are resolved finally.

Yeah right, before we all start (EDITED) and breaking into song. You need to make this deal right with amdoverclocker. If you couldn't afford to ship your end you shouldn't have agreed to a deal and accepted from his end; especially after pretending to have sent it.
    Last edited by DHutson; 12-30-2002 at 03:24 AM.

basically what your saying todd is that you lied to the guy on when the item would be shipped, then it appears avoided the situation. no excuses should be given..action is necessary. you need to ship the item out tomorrow by the fastest route possible to make ammends for bad trading practices. may sound harsh, but he operated in good faith and frankly, a person of your stature should be setting a sterling example for others here.

Hmmm, where I come from if you make a deal you stick to it, sounds like Ebay only worse.

No money, what do ya drink and eat ? yellow ice ?

Last one that tried to ripp me off ? I drove 20 hours and knocked on his door, surprise surprise, Iv'e got the hubs in both diff locks engaged and ready to play.

The big dents in the big bullbar had an effect.

amazing the stuff appeared from nowhere, then I hit him to fill the empty diesel drums. never seen amyone shake that much ever.
    PC sigs are for those with PC envy dissorder.