Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by jaydee116
    Trusted group?

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=4946

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00187/

I suggest you rethink your theory.
    After looking through all of your links, the actual review, forum posts, and anything else I could find, I came to the conclusion that [H]ardocp is a fully legit review site. All the "articles" that you linked to, were written w/o the insight of the Editer-in-Chief's comments (found here ) and contained (basicly) flames. People got burned because they were burning a site in its own forum, and they wonder why they got banned?

Originally posted by FlameboyC11
    After looking through all of your links, the actual review, forum posts, and anything else I could find, I came to the conclusion that [H]ardocp is a fully legit review site. All the "articles" that you linked to, were written w/o the insight of the Editer-in-Chief's comments (found here ) and contained (basicly) flames. People got burned because they were burning a site in its own forum, and they wonder why they got banned?
    Errr, whatever. I highly suggest you actually read the OC article. http://www.overclockers.com/tips00187/

Editor and Chief? You mean Kyle? Like his insight is any more reliable than a Pinto in a snow storm! The people from procooling and overclockers are not getting paid to say things so I trust their input considerable more than Kyle and Steves at [H].

The water cooling review was poor and not very informative. It does show blocks that are out there but it does not show the BETTER blocks that are out there so it really doesn't answer the thread starters question. Even if the better blocks were in there the results are not conclusive as extreamly important information was left out as bigdawg pointed out:

What were the flow rates?

How were temps measured accurately?

What were the water inlet temps? Or water temps--period?

What were the C/W per block?

Why were the temps in celcius?

Where was the PSU volt, pelt cold plate and clamping information?

Where were the Innovatek, and Dtek TC-4 and Spir@l WBs?
    Without this information and other products in the review you are shooting in the dark. There is NOTHING that can be argued there. The only good that review did was show some blocks that are out there. Thats about it. And that isn't just [H]. Most places do the same BS. As you suggested people think of [H] for a place of quality info and reviews. It is just to bad this is un-true as with most sites. Even the water cooling reviews done on THIS site are not as informative as they should be.

Check out the review on the Swiftech pump on the front page of amdmb. It shows abosolutly nothing exept it can pump water into a jug.

I don't want you to think I am biased as I am not. Just the lack of quality reviews is rampent and some of the larger sites are on the take just makes it all bad for the end user.

In short, take the word from people that spend most of there free time for the last 2 years building their own water cooling stuff and browsing dozens of forums a day collecting information from actual users of the stuff and their results, not the review sites. Which is why I like www.procooling.com forums and overclockers.com forums. They is full of people like that.

Damn I need to get a life.

Originally posted by Ratboy
    89.99S USD ???? for that WB ?

Is there any place that i can get it in Canada ?
    Thx

I would check out swiftech while your at it

http://www.swiftnets.com/

I,m using one of there Wb and RADs and i.m very happy with the set up

I do believe they well ship to canada

The forums on most sites are kind of sad actually, you can find threads with people spouting the "honest truth" about how this review was wrong or that editor lied and on and on and on. every site does things differently, doenst necessarily mean better or worse.
    As for the reviews I dont want to read through and try to figure out if the c/w for block a is better than block b, and so on but if those things had been included it would have been more professional. Most reviews on wb's I have read dont compare one to another or even use the same pump and tubing so it makes reading the reviews for comparisson sake all but useless. as for c/w ratings I have read some of the older reviews for block that had good calculated c/w ratings and actually performed badly because of poor design, those blocks with the silver base and the poly tops come to mind, silver has a very good c/w but the block didnt work becuase of design.
    I like the forums here, but not the site, I like hocp for the news but not the forums, its all a matter of opinion. Unless you work for these sites or others anything anyone says about lies and payoff etc... is just geussing and conjecture, flat out rumors. On the net you have to take everything anyone says with more than just a grain of salt. Its just human nature to defend what you like and put down what you dont even if it means talking out your butt, and Im not pointing at anyone when I say that.

Im sure I will get flamed for my last post but I just get sick of all the finger pointing and name calling, not just here but everywhere.

Originally posted by jaydee116
    Errr, whatever. I highly suggest you actually read the OC article. http://www.overclockers.com/tips00187/
    I did read the article (not that I'm trying to be argumentative (sp?)). Well, I guess since we have pushed the OT level of this thread almost to the point of closing it, it might as well be pushed back... I'd say (with some research) that the Swiftech MCW5000 is a good block (unless you want to spend $89 for a white water) although their kits are kinda lacking in the radiator dept. =)

Damn I need to get a life.
    Don't we all?

Originally posted by wyooutback
    Im sure I will get flamed for my last post but I just get sick of all the finger pointing and name calling, not just here but everywhere.
    I will not flame you. You made good points. I do not agree with some of them though, but nothing I can flame.

And yes the MCW5000 is a good block. And it looks good to boot.

Don't we all?

Yes the [H] did a WB review, blah, blah, blah... The problem with ANY WB reviews is that the testing has SO MANY variables that it is almost impossible to do it right. Try as you might with on die readings, external probes, etc. etc., and you will get a different result for each MOUNTING of the block. The only one REALLY qualified to do such a test would be BillA. I always take reviews of such with a grain of salt. Anyway, the BEST WB right now is the White Water, there is no opinion here it is fact. At the moment BillA has a White Water and is evaluating it - early comments seem to suggest it is indeed the best there is - BillA has said something to the effect that "Cathar is teaching the big boys how to do it right".

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    E6700 @ 3.85Ghz / P5W DH Deluxe / 2GB SuperTalent 6400 / X1950XTX
    PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer
    Mountain Mods U2-UFO Cube
    Storm G5 --> MP-01 --> PA 120.3 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    1,223,460+ Ghz Folding@Home
    aNonForums

Hey all - just saw this thread - dun usually come here much

IMHO Cathar's WW waterblock is probably THE highest performing WB i know of atm (beats teh **** out of my C5 with a large stick)

If you dont mind paying $140 AUS for it.
    The next one down would probably be Jeremy's Excellent Cyclone series of WB's starting from ~100 AUS for the C3

I highly recommend Cathar's block and teh Cyclone 5

Plus they are both made here in Victoria - Australia

PS: Dangerden sux0r
    OCAU Extreme Cooling Club H2O Member
    2100+ T-bred 'B' @ 2550Hz / 2.0V
    LR Cascade / Eheim 1048 / Cathar 'Little Arse' Rad/Swiftech MCW-50 GPU
    PCDB
    Delta Goodrem is hot - http://dualxp.net/images/delta/

irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm... stuff :P

Originally posted by poojou

IMHO Cathar's WW waterblock is probably THE highest performing WB i know of at the moment
    Key words......."THAT YOU KNOW OF" or anybody else for that matter.

NOT everybody puts pics and desciptions of their hard work in public forums for just anybody to copy and personally benefit from at their whim.

I know SOMEONE who has a block that they've been prototyping for a while now, and based on his/her testing thus far, makes White Water look like nothing more than a cup of water with 3 hoses running in and out of it.

I cant wait for him/her to release them to the public, so everyone can really see what performance watercooling, without a gold-plated price tag is all about.

Originally posted by IdaHOO
    Key words......."THAT YOU KNOW OF" or anybody else for that matter.

NOT everybody puts pics and desciptions of their hard work in public forums for just anybody to copy and personally benefit from at their whim.

I know SOMEONE who has a block that they've been prototyping for a while now, and based on his/her testing thus far, makes White Water look like nothing more than a cup of water with 3 hoses running in and out of it.

I cant wait for him/her to release them to the public, so everyone can really see what performance watercooling, without a gold-plated price tag is all about.
    Wow what a pompus reply. If/when this is released, we'll see. I highly doubt it will "make the White Water look like nothing more than a cup of water with 3 hoses running in and out of it". This statement makes you sound like an ***, but hey, if you are right I'd buy the fictitious block. If this is the same guy that posted about this at OC forums, I suspect bogus claims....

Storm G5 --> MP-01 --> PA 120.3 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    aNonForums

Well, I tried to retract the post because I really didnt have the right to tell anyone of my friends block or performance.

But I will say this, it is NOT a fictitious block. It is very,very real as Ive seen it hooked up and running on more than one occasion,personally.

But I completely understand your view as you havent seen it as I have to believe it.
    Oh and Im no computer geek, but I can read a digidoc.
    And its not a matter of "IF" it gets released, its a "when".

Didnt intend on sounding like an "@ss".... I just read people raving about this WW block and its meager(compared to my friends) performance gain over other blocks, for some time now and ,even though my friend can...I couldnt contain what I know any longer. But if you took it that way then thats too bad.

In hopes of salvaging my friendship, i wont say anymore of it.

So deal with it Cathar desciples! His reign is short lived.

But if you're one of these people that has a problem with other peoples' viewpoints and posts then you should probably stop going to public forums huh?

Now thats being an @ss!

Well, I tried to retract the post because I really didnt have the right to tell anyone of my friends block or performance.

But I will say this, it is NOT a fictitious block. It is very,very real as Ive seen it hooked up and running on more than one occasion,personally.

But I completely understand your view as you havent seen it as I have to believe it.
    Oh and Im no computer geek, but I can read a digidoc.
    And its not a matter of "IF" it gets released, its a "when".

Didnt intend on sounding like an "@ss".... I just read people raving about this WW block and its meager(compared to my friends) performance gain over other blocks, for some time now and ,even though my friend can...I couldnt contain what I know any longer. But if you took it that way then thats too bad.

In hopes of salvaging my friendship, i wont say anymore of it.

So deal with it Cathar desciples! His reign is short lived.

But if you're one of these people that has a problem with other peoples' viewpoints and posts then you should probably stop going to public forums huh?

Now thats being an @ss!
    It's not a matter of people being "Cathar desciples", it's a matter of "what is the BEST BLOCK. And right now, Cathar's design owns the title. I hope what you say is true, I am always after the best. I will say this, if this new block is in any way modeled after the White Water, there will be no credibility with it's maker, ie., nozzle plate injection etc.

<----Edit---->

I just found this post of yours, seems odd that just a week or so ago you said this:

"If you cant do that, then dont buy any of those blocks. Get Cathars' White Water block............its a very well thought out block that outperforms ALL current commercial offerings at the present.Do a search for "Cathar White Water" in the forums and send him an Email........you wont regret it"

From this thread: http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....33#post1398133
    Last edited by nikhsub1; 01-02-2003 at 08:54 PM.

aNonForums

Yes, at the moment...with the current public offerings...... Cathars is the best performing. Ill agree with you on that.
    But like I said first, not everyone unveals their work before its time to. There are to may lazy @ss people that will steal your design and use it for there own benefit, because thats the way it is.......And thats just the problem.

EDIT:
    Yes I did say that in a previous post because the guy was looking for an available solution to better cool his PC.and currently,WW is the best on the market. CURRENTLY

It would have been pretty lame to tell him not to buy anything and wait for my friends block to come out and buy one, because I dont know when that is.

Enough of this talk.
    I dont have to explain to you why I say things that I do.
    So enough said.
    Last edited by IdaHOO; 01-02-2003 at 09:12 PM.

Enough of this talk.
    I dont have to explain to you why I say things that I do.
    So enough said.
    Fair enough... I await the mystery block...

aNonForums