Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Lenny

One thing I noticed is those cars just love to skid around corners Takes some getting used to.
    Are you referring to powersliding, i.e. brake sliding?

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm not sure what you call it Whatever happens when you go around a corner too fast and your backend slides out
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    I'm not sure what you call it Whatever happens when you go around a corner too fast and your backend slides out
    It's called physics

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

I made a mistake. Powersliding and brake sliding achieve the same objective (making a sharper turn on the inside of a corner); how they're arrived at are executed differently. Powersliding uses gas to spin the rear tires to make a tighter turn, whereas brake sliding involves locking up the rear tires to spin the rear of the car to make that same turn. These techniques allow you to correct and maintain control of your vehicle without sacrificing too much of your speed in corners, i.e. better than hard braking. Both are easy to learn, difficult to master.

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Where can I download the demo? I tried both the links in this thread and one you have to sign up for and the other, the link just doesn't work when I click to download.

One thing I noticed is those cars just love to skid around corners Takes some getting used to.
    Keep in mind if you spend most of your time driving straight you're doing something wrong . Seriously though CM2 is quite a bit of fun, especially on a network.

I have the most trouble with the UK though...darn mud, gravel, rain, fog...gah the list goes on and on. However, despite my difficulties in completing the final track (with a gold trophy mind you) I love playing CM2.

Heatware Trading E-mail: schancy13 -at- wi.rr.com (Remove -at- for proper use)
    Vote for your favorite TV shows to appear on DVD (Registration Required)

UK is my favorite level on that game! I love the whip-around 180's.

Originally posted by Grendel99
    Where can I download the demo? I tried both the links in this thread and one you have to sign up for and the other, the link just doesn't work when I click to download.
    I had some difficulty finding the demo as well. It's no longer on the official Codemasters site. I think I searched the net for 'mcrae demo' and then after checking a few sites I finally found the demo.

Btw, despite the fact that CMR2 is no longer in the 48 hour madness sale it is STILL only $9.90. Not sure when/if the price will change. In a way this annoys me because I ordered CMR2 last night for $9.90 + $5.99 shipping. Then today the new 48 hour madness sale is announced and SOF2 is only $9.90. I want that also so now I have to pay twice for shipping.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

That may be the first time I've seen back-to-back 48-hour specials from them (then again, I only found out about them late last year). It's a darn shame I paid $18 a few months back for SOFII (and I even uninstalled it ). NOLF2 is tempting at $19.90, but what if it costs $10 less next month? I'm going to order something today; I just don't know what.

- Frederick Douglas

I found the solution to my problem. Since I placed my order for CMR2 late last night I was able to cancel the order first thing this morning without any problems.

Then I placed this new order. 3 games for 1 shipping charge works for me

$ 9.90 SOF2
    $ 9.90 Colin Mcrae 2.0
    $ 9.90 Star Trek Armada 2
    $ 5.99 shipping
    --------
    $35.69 Not too shabby for 3 games

Now I just have to catch a deal on BF1942 and Unreal II (after it's release) and I'll have every game that I want right now.

Ok, I got the demo. Damn it's hard hehe. I busted out all my windows before the first check point on Stage 3 Does the demo support using a joystick? I can't seem to get it to work, the game won't recognize it. Any help?

It should, just use the keyboard to switch the controllers though...using the joystick won't do anything. To get my gamepad to work I had to use the keyboard arrow keys. Hope that works for ya.

Heatware Trading E-mail: schancy13 -at- wi.rr.com (Remove -at- for proper use)
    Vote for your favorite TV shows to appear on DVD (Registration Required)

This game is good I think im going to install it again.