The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Talking [FF] Official UT2003 Tournament Thread

Ok all, the tournament is on.......

We've put together the final team listings which you can find on the UT2K3 Tourney page of the Fragging Frog website here ---> http://fraggingfrogs.servegame.com

You'll also notice that in there we have a link to chat rooms kindly provided for us by MirAGe01 (thanks man ). Each team has it's own chat room where you are free to meet at any time to discuss tactics, leave messages, etc. Note the warning on the welcome page though. Trespassing into other team's chat rooms will not be tolerated. There is a general chat room if you want to discuss things between you and another team.

Below that is a list of dates for the matches. The match times will be arranged by the team captains by mutual agreement but need to be completed before the listed dates. The servers will be passworded and available for practice at least one hour before this. Any other practice your team requires will have to be arranged separately.

RULES:
    The game is Unreal Tournament 2003 Capture the Flag with the insta-gib mutator, but hopefully you all realised that already

The competition will take place over 6 weeks. The concept is based on a league approach. Each team will play each other team once during the first 5 weeks. The top two teams after the first 5 weeks will go through to the final to decide the overall winner. This way, everyone gets to play at least 4 matches.

Each match will consist of 5 rounds. Each round will be up to 20 minutes long or the first to score 3 points. For each win, your team will be awarded 1 point. If your team wins 3-0 then you will be awarded 2 points. You get nothing if you lose.

Please make sure to get together with your team captain as soon as possible to discuss your team's name and to arrange practice sessions, discuss team tactics, etc.

Let the games commence......
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 01-23-2003 at 07:07 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Tournament FAQs

Q: Is voice chat allowed?
    A: No. Maybe next time.

Q: What if someone wants to substitute?
    A: You can substitute once a player on your team leaves the map. Only then can the sub join the game.

Q: How many players can play per map?
    A: Only 6 players per team are allowed on the map at a time.

Q: Is spectating allowed?
    A: No. It may create an advantage to the team that does.
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 01-23-2003 at 09:20 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

MirAGe01 has asked that if any team wants to reserve his server for practice sessions, please get your captain to request the time needed. The server will be passworded to ensure it is only usable by your team.

You can check the current bookings from here.

For those of you who hadn't noticed already, Suncloud backed out of the competition and GhostDX has taken his place in Team 4 - the GibMasters

My rigs My Games

Official team names:

Team 1 - Death Warrants
    Team 2 - Team Nemesis
    Team 3 - The unnamed ones
    Team 4 - GibMasters
    Team 5 - Widow Makers
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 01-29-2003 at 10:21 AM.

My rigs My Games

1st Round Matches

Death Warrants vs Team Nemesis - Sunday February 2, 23:00 GMT

Unnamed Ones vs GibMasters - TBD

My rigs My Games