Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    That's okay, liberals are just young conservatives.
    LOL, I hate both terms actually. I don't trust that they reflect any truth.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Bleh..I have no common political or religious association...I go by Namekiansim.

Namek

Originally posted by Namek
    Bleh..I have no common political or religious association...I go by Namekiansim.

Namek
    which is probably far more evil.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Morbeth

I am Egyptian. But have lived all 22 years of my life here in the USA. My uncle served in the 73 war against Israel.

And let me tell you something, the weapons we Egyptians had was NOTHING compared to what Iraq had during the 8years war with Iran.

We had SAM and scud missles. Short range missles and surface to air missles.

Don't even think that we had Biological weapos.

OPTIMUS

Regarding Iran. In the early 70's the US sponsored a successfull coup to remove Ayatallah from power. The US established the Shaw as a US puppet government and Ayatallah fleed to France.

The US sold the Shaw billions and billions of dollars of weapons for 3 reasons.

1) These weapons were from the Vietnamese war. Rather than having them rust away, they sold them to the Shaw.

2) The Shaw with these weapons could be able to protech himself incase the people rebelled against him

3) He was also to take over Iraq with those weapons.

Unfortunatly, the Shaw was one of the most barbaric leaders ever to take-over an Arab country.

He killed hundreds and hundreds thousands of his own people and jailed and tortured millions more.

The Iranians after 5-6 years of his tyrant and barbaric rule, rebelled against him to the point where he had to flee Iran.

Ayatollah came back from Exile in france, and boy was he pissed at what the USA and Shaw did to his country.

Now, Ayatollah is not going to be a big fan of the USA. And on top of that he has all the weapons the US sold to the Shah under his control.

Ergo, Ayatollah had to be disarmed. The USA could not go direclty to war against Iran like what you are doing now with Iraq because the Iranian people had so much hate to what the USA did to their country that they would risk their lives to defend their country against the USA.

So what the US did, is what you did to the Indians 200 years ago. You help strengthen one Indian tribe, then go to their neighbors and tell them that their neighbors next door are planning to take them over.

You went to the neighbors of Iran, Iraq. Its current President. Sadamm. You told Sadam that Iran has been buying weapons from the US to take over Iraq. Which was true. The US wanted to have the Shah take over Iraq.

Sadamm, having no weapons got worried. So the US along with Britain said to Sadam, we'll give you all the weapons you need to be able to defeat Iran.

So that started the 8 year war. Over 1 million people on both sides killed, Millions more injured and so on.

Remember one American democrat at the time say "I hope they all kill each other".

And that my friends is how Sadam got hold of WMD and biological weapons.
    Last edited by Soltek Boards; 02-08-2003 at 12:04 AM.

Originally posted by notdrugged
    which is probably far more evil.
    All so true.

Namek

Infinitely...and that's General Namek to you...

J'bm

JEREBOAM!!!

How you been? Haven't seen much of you lately. How's Russia these days?

Just a couple things.

Mordeth... I agree with you on 90% of what you say, but you're starting to go a little deep. Not everything said in here is a bash against the US. Most, yes. but not everything.

Everyone else... Can we get over this whole "We helped Saddam" crap? That was 20 years ago. At the time, it was probably the best thing to do. So it came back to bite us in the ***. Should we not fix our mistakes? 20 years ago I thought it was a good idea to spend all my lunch money on gummy worms. Seemed like a good idea, but looking back on it maybe I should have gotten Twix instead. Maybe I should hop in my little time machine thingamajig and go buy those Twix.....Oh wait. We can't change history, can we. Guess I'll have to move on.

Big Whip

You are absolutely right that people should correct thier mistakes if they still can regardless of all else.

However, what did Sadam do to the western world, let alon the US for all this to happen to him???

Let me make one thing clear to all of you. I do NOT like Sadam. Like ALL other Arab leaders he should be executed.

But my question remains, what has he done to you???

Originally posted by Jereboam
    Ever heard of Airbus?

And you're laying it on a bit thick...by all means be proud of your country, I should think most people are.

America has caused its fair share of misery too. You seem to have glossed over that in your outbreak.

Oh I could pick apart quite a few of your points, but I'm not going to bother. Too much typing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

J'bm
    J'bm, how are ya??? Long time, no speak!!

How about those IL and TU planes????

Re: Big Whip

Originally posted by Soltek Boards

But my question remains, what has he done to you???
    To me personally? One time, I was watching CNN, and they had a tape of one of his speeches, and he looked into the camera and gave me the evil eye. So therefore, I think we should chop off his head and burn his dog. After that, we need to invade Never Never land and nuke Michael Jackson, because if you watch the video 'Bad', during that scene when he's dancing, he tried to kick me.

My whole point was, I'm tired of people saying that just because we helped him 20 years ago we should ignore him now. The world doesn't work like that. I for one was quite convinced during Colin Powell's speech. I know, some of you liberals will say that whole speech was just a bunch of lies so Bush can invade and take over the oil so his car runs good, but I for one believe my government more than I belive the Iraqi government.

Well you just have to love spontaneous outbursts of popularity!!

Hey guys! Just been keeping my head down, working on making my fortune so I can finally move on to my desired career choice, playing the money markets on my laptop from the aft sundeck of my superyacht, before breaking for a sumptuous lunch cooked by Pierre (ex Maxim's) and taking a dip, followed maybe by calling the chopper in so the missus can do some shopping in Monaco.

Russia is fecking cold. It's warm today though. Only -4.

Tupelov and Ilyushin aircraft are excellent, let down by their engines and avionics mainly. I am actually involved with Ilyushin in marketing the Il-96, which has Pratt & Whipme engines and Rockwell avionics - it's a killer combo and comes in at $30 million cheaper than Boeing's Triple Seven. Beat that. If you can sell 'em for me, I'll cut you in. Genuine offer.

J'bm

Well, your popularity is unmatched, J'bm, no doubt about it!!!!!

I would ask Air Canada to take some of those IL-96s, but I just heard on the news today one more bad year and Air Canada may be headed into bankruptcy.

I'll talk to USAirways see what they say.......

Tupelov and Ilyushin aircraft are excellent, let down by their engines and avionics mainly
    LOL, that's PRETTY MAJOR IN MY BOOKS!!!!!!!

let me re-phrase that. What has he done to the USA???

I honestly can't see what a 75 year old man who is probably going to die any day now of old age with a county of demoralized people pose such a threat to the "American People".

But then again, North Korea not only has and makes WMD openly, but has the cability to send them as far in as Nevada if the US dares to treat it like Iraq.

And its army of 1 million and something is already lining up the border with Sout Korea to face the American army if they decide to invade.

But I can see Iraq with its 3 humbed back camel and empty nuke shells along with their demoralized and non-existant army pose a major threat to the "Security of the American people".
    Last edited by Soltek Boards; 02-08-2003 at 12:41 AM.

Engines and avionics are totally overrated. Give me an airplane with a good tail rudder anyday. By the way J, when you do get that fortune, remember the poor Utah boy?

Originally posted by Soltek Boards

But I can see Iraq with its 3 humbed back camel and empty nuke shells along with their demoralized and non-existant army pose a major threat to the "Security of the American people".
    Did you not listen to Powell's speech? Did you miss the intercepted calls? If you actually believe Iraq has no weapons and he wouldn't sell them to terrorist, then I would like some of whatever it is you are on. Must be some good shiznat.