Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Neoguri

Here's some demo sounds for testing Sensaura.
    http://www.sensaura.com/demoSounds/
    Sounds awesome for me! The imaging is pretty amazing.
    Finally got to this.
    Very cool indeed.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Originally posted by IAmGhostDog
    Finally got to this.
    Very cool indeed.
    Glad you liked it. On a side note, is there any resolution to the hardware acceleration going down to basic? Or is that where it's supposed to be?
    AXDA1700DUT3C JIUHB0311XPMW
    2108.20MHz (210.82x10) 1.7v

On a side note, is there any resolution to the hardware acceleration going down to basic? Or is that where it's supposed to be?
    Apparently that's it. Just checked mine, back to Basic after being on Full. Haven't looked at that since last time we were looking at that. Not a problem tho. Everything sounds good.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Win7 x64

Thanks. I'll just leave it alone.

Recording Vinyl to .wav Using WaveLab Lite/Sound Laundry

First. You need to bring up the Control Panel/Mixer. Make sure Record Source is set to Phono/Mic in(It's on the bottom/Left).Then in the third module from Left(Also Phono/Mic In), set that to Phono. Using the Gain Knobs, set them so that the lights are yellow or just blinking red as you are previewing the the track that you want to record. The Volume sliders do nothing in the recording stage.

Click on pics for a larger view

Next. Open WaveLab Lite. Go to Options/Preferences and under the Audio Card tab make sure that the correct sound card is selected for Playback/Recording.

Under the File tab, select where you want your Saved file to go. In my case I created a file called Vinyl and tossed it on my desk top.

Now we can begin. On the bottom right is the Transport. Clicking on the red record button brings up the recording interface which is on the left and also gives you the Attributes button. Here is where you set Stereo/Mono, Bit Resolution, Sample Rate.

Now we begin. Click Record

When you click on the Stop button, a window pops up and shows you your selection in Wave form.

Now go to Master Section interface. The first thing to put in is the TT_RIAA plug-in. This gives your recording that full sound just like you were listening to it on your turn table. I've also put in EQ-1 and Stereo Expander.

Almost there. Go to File/Save As.../Save As Type: Wave (*.wav)

Bring up Sound Laundry Terratec Edition. The final step. Here is where you apply DeScratcher, DeNoiser, adjust Bass/Treble/Volume. Click Save. Done.

Taking it for a spin.

Last edited by IAmGhostDog; 05-01-2004 at 10:09 AM.

Win7 x64

Can this card encode to Dolby Digital like SoundStorm?

Originally posted by wdb1966
    Do you mean so that you can run digital speakers? The jacks on the back are all analog.
    It does have digital in/out on the break out box. But in stereo.
    Specs.

Win7 x64

So it isn't just mine that does this! I keep putting back to full, but when I check it after playing an mp3 through winamp with hardware acceleration off, it goes back to basic again. Sample rate is always at full.
    Just for the 'ell of it, just checked mine.
    Hadn't looked at it in months.

Win7 x64

Originally posted by wdb1966
    No it cannot. Soundstorm is the only solution that can actually encode DD.

Just for the 'ell of it, just checked mine.
    Hadn't looked at it in months.
    Haven't seen this thread in a while! Mine still goes back to basic, although I can't figure when or why it does this. Regardless, everything sounds pretty awesome. I did get new speakers which use the digital out now instead of the analog. Am I wasting the DAC's on this card by just using the optical out? I'm assuming the DAC's in the receiver are not as good as the ones on the soundcard. If the receiver is getting a PCM signal, does that mean it's still being processed through the soundcard? It does have analog inputs which I might consider using if it will make a difference, although it is only stereo. Sorry for so many questions, but TIA!

BTW, nice tutorial on the vinyl to wav GD! Too bad I don't have any records.

No it cannot. Soundstorm is the only solution that can actually encode DD.

Haven't seen this thread in a while! Mine still goes back to basic, although I can't figure when or why it does this. Regardless, everything sounds pretty awesome. I did get new speakers which use the digital out now instead of the analog. Am I wasting the DAC's on this card by just using the optical out? I'm assuming the DAC's in the receiver are not as good as the ones on the soundcard. If the receiver is getting a PCM signal, does that mean it's still being processed through the soundcard? It does have analog inputs which I might consider using if it will make a difference, although it is only stereo. Sorry for so many questions, but TIA!

BTW, nice tutorial on the vinyl to wav GD! Too bad I don't have any records.
    You kind of lost me.
    What's your signal chain?

Win7 x64

You kind of lost me.
    What's your signal chain?
    Not sure what you mean by signal chain. I am using the optical out on the Terratec to the optical in on my speakers which have a built in receiver. I used to use the analog out for my Klipsch PM2.1's. What I am wondering is when I play MP3's and such, does the soundcard still process the sound even though I am using only the optical out? I am assuming that all the soundcard does is send the signal to the receiver unprocessed, and the receiver decodes the signal and sends it to the speakers? Or am I way off on all of this? My speakers also have analog in(RCA stereo). BTW, DTS and DD sound great when watching dvd's.

Not sure what you mean by signal chain. I am using the optical out on the Terratec to the optical in on my speakers which have a built in receiver. I used to use the analog out for my Klipsch PM2.1's. What I am wondering is when I play MP3's and such, does the soundcard still process the sound even though I am using only the optical out? I am assuming that all the soundcard does is send the signal to the receiver unprocessed, and the receiver decodes the signal and sends it to the speakers? Or am I way off on all of this? My speakers also have analog in(RCA stereo). BTW, DTS and DD sound great when watching dvd's.
    So what speakers did you get? Have you tried listening to them with the analog in. Notice any difference in quality?

Win7 x64

So what speakers did you get? Have you tried listening to them with the analog in. Notice any difference in quality?
    I got the Onkyo GXW-5.1. I got them because they were cheap and I wanted DTS for my DVD's. I haven't tried the analog since I don't have a mini-to-RCA cable. Can I get one at Radioshack?

So is it possible for my soundcard to process the audio, then send it through the digital out?

24 bit/96 kHz optical stereo digital output (S/PDIF with up to 24 bit/96 kHz)
    1 digital stereo input and output (TOS link, optical) at the MXR module - 24 bit/96 kHz
    These specs for your card are telling me stereo. But that is for music. This card defaults to the media meaning if I play a CD I get sound from the front speakers only. However, when I play mp3's or .wav files that I've recorded from vinyl and enable Sensaura 3D, I get sound from all four speakers.

However

*Sound Cards with a digital S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) output:

NOTES: A desktop PC user will need a soundcard that has a certified digital-out (this is indicated with a DTS Digital Out logo).

Creative Labs SB Audigy Platinum
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    Sound Blaster Audigy Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    Terratec has a number of cards: DMX 6fire, SiXPack 5.1, Aureon 5.1
    Philips 5.1 Channel Sound card
    Echo Layla24
    Echo Gina
    Mona
    M-Audio Delta 1010
    M-Audio Delta 1010LT
    M-Audio Delta 410
    Non-audio mode for transmitting AC3 and DTS streams via digital interface.

Another spec from your card. This is why your DVD's sound so good.
    If the receiver is getting a PCM signal, does that mean it's still being processed through the soundcard?
    What I am wondering is when I play MP3's and such, does the soundcard still process the sound even though I am using only the optical out?
    Yes. But in stereo. You will get sound thru all speakers with Sensaura enabled and if not enabled it's quite possible your receiver is also doing that function.
    So is it possible for my soundcard to process the audio, then send it through the digital out?
    Yes. Music in stereo, DVD in AC3/DTS. btw DVD's sound great thru my Klipsch 4.1's.
    I haven't tried the analog since I don't have a mini-to-RCA cable. Can I get one at Radioshack?
    Yes you can.

Win7 x64

Thanks for clearing all of that up!

I was aware of the non-audio function for dvd's, I just wasn't sure about how music is played through the soundcard and speakers. I'm not really interested in getting sound through all the speakers when listening to music since it's meant to be listened in stereo. My speakers do have Dolby Prologic II and and some DSP functions so I can just use that if I want that. I guess I don't really need Sensaura for anything, I'm not really sure what it's for besides supporting A3D, EAX, etc.

Yes. Music in stereo, DVD in AC3/DTS. btw DVD's sound great thru my Klipsch 4.1's.
    Do you use Dolby Digital when you watch dvd's? That can be processed in software right? Like PowerDVD?