Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by Lenny
    LOL. Yeah, we would have to limit a match on Maul to 7 minutes or so to prevent players from going into shock
    I think I would need to drink Jolt to calm down after something like that

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Good point about the single match. I agree about the cut though, since I haven't played a single match so far, it hardly makes me an all-star

1600kbps upload!!!!! OMG!!!! Even with my new cable service, I'll only be getting that down!!!! This has got to be done. Good point about the CPU demands, no bots = low load.
    Yep, that 4x the upload we have and 2x the upload of the Fusion server. Are you saying that bots put more of a demand on the CPU than players? If that's true then I'm worried even less about the CPU power. I once tested the K62 server by setting MinPlayers really high to determine how many players the CPU could support. I joined over the LAN. The results were that with 25-28 bots in the game the CPU was steady in the low 90% range. I figured that was about as high as I could go leaving a little bit of CPU available for spikes and such. This was on a K62 500 Mhz box with 384MB of PC100.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Yep, that 4x the upload we have and 2x the upload of the Fusion server. Are you saying that bots put more of a demand on the CPU than players? If that's true then I'm worried even less about the CPU power. I once tested the K62 server by setting MinPlayers really high to determine how many players the CPU could support. I joined over the LAN. The results were that with 25-28 bots in the game the CPU was steady in the low 90% range. I figured that was about as high as I could go leaving a little bit of CPU available for spikes and such. This was on a K62 500 Mhz box with 384MB of PC100.
    Yeah, bots put a much bigger load on the CPU than real players. Looks like RedBox won't need too much under his hood to run a 30 player server. Is 30 the max players UT2K3 supports? I don't recall offhand.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

well... seeing how I have just got my new GIGANTA EVERGLIDE mousepad.... how about a test tonight??? Another excuse to play... :P

RedBox
    Games I play

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by RedBox
    well... seeing how I have just got my new GIGANTA EVERGLIDE mousepad.... how about a test tonight??? Another excuse to play... :P
    Glad to hear it RedBox How's it feel? I'm currently sitting here with Lenny's prize on the desk next to me. Hoping to get that out at lunch time.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Don't know about the accuracy yet. But it sure does glide smoooooottthly.

RedBox
    Games I play

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Glad to hear it RedBox How's it feel? I'm currently sitting here with Lenny's prize on the desk next to me. Hoping to get that out at lunch time.
    Yeah, right next to you on YOUR MOUSEPAD !!!! Stop using my mouse and mail it to me j/k

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Originally posted by RedBox

RedBox
    Don't forget to velcro your mouse to your hand until you get used it. I hear a mouse will just launch right off thing!!! No telling where it will land

Yeah, right next to you on YOUR MOUSEPAD !!!! Stop using my mouse and mail it to me j/k
    wait you didn't have the mouse? That's why we lost the last match. I think it's J1mb0b plan the entire time

Originally posted by Weapon-O
    wait you didn't have the mouse? That's why we lost the last match. I think it's J1mb0b plan the entire time
    See the truth is coming out now. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!! LOL

Lenny just realizes this thread is doing wonders for this post count

Redbox, do you have another rig 800 Mhz or better with around 384MB RAM you could use to host a CTF Frag-fest match?

My plan has been foiled!!!

My rigs My Games

Lenny just realizes this thread is doing wonders for this post count

Redbox, do you have another rig 800 Mhz or better with around 384MB RAM you could use to host a CTF Frag-fest match?
    Yes. I was hoping to test out the current rig to see how it would take it. There's a P4 2GHz 512MB RAM but I can't put it up 24/7 like the other server, only for matches and scheduled played/practices.

RedBox
    Games I play

Redbox... let me know how that mousepad is! I'm thinking of picking up a RatpadzGS sometime as a new toy.

Lenny... Ruth is using the mouse as a pacifier!
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

Originally posted by Jerky
    Lenny... Ruth is using the mouse as a pacifier!
    Just to mock you!