Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Couldn't the CTF stats be used as a table of individual merit for teams too?

So what is on the Agenda as of now? Classic DM for sure... and will this be used for the individual merit table aswell? Is the table going to be private or public?

I am more than willing to help out with anything and I'm sure others will aswell, we don't want the mods resenting our little gaming escapades
    I live by cost/benefit. You call me cheap but I think of myself as thrifty.

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA+Pentium D 805 @3.67, (2)Asrock K7V3M+Duron @166x6

"We must become the change we wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

I agree jim, I dont want to burden anyone in anyway any further. I know the feeling, trust me. But I do want ya to keep one thing in mind. There are more resources out here for ut2k3. One thing I noticed was of all the matches I was involved with, whether for my own team or not, only one match I played in was played with all 6 members. 6, or rather 12 people is hard to get together online at one time. Most of the time the matches I played were 5v5 with at least one stand-in if not more between both teams. So perhaps, presuming doing a team based tourney, that you consider reducing team size and raising team number to compensate.

This way if a 4 man (or lower) team tourney, I can at least hold practice on my server vs. bots, for an entire team. giving teams a chance to get together for practice more often. and Im sure there are other folks out there with a 128kb or better line (besides the current tourney servers themselves) that would be able to host practice sessions.

Just an observation that you may do all or nothing with

T

That's a heck of an idea Tigs...

And that reminds me, I was going to ask you how to set up a server on one of my Duron 800 machines. I have a *dedicated* 128-150Kb upstream line running to it, but I haven't found a good "How To" on the dedicated server anywhere on the net!

Four players would be more organized IMO. Maybe 4 player TDM?

Also, would 4vs4 make less lag for instagib? Or am I beating the dead cow.

freeze, go to www.unrealadmin.org and head for the tutorials. Best I have seen!

RedBox
    Games I play

THANK YOU!!

Unless I am misunderstanding j1mb0b's intent this next tournament will not be team based.

However, I agree that 4 player teams would allow easier arrangement of matches and less use of subs but the one downside is that we would have to break up the current teams I was fortunate to have a team which only required use of a sub one time but I realize that's not the norm. I did however need to play 5 on 5 a couple times even when I had all 6 of my team present to accomodate the other team.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Actually, I think you are all mistaken Hopefully it'll become clearer later when I get the details posted, but what I'm proposing for now is a whole new concept. An on-going ladder that everyone can be involved in. Tournaments will still be held in parallel with the ladder.....

As for the next tournament, we're still thinking on that one. Once this one is finished we'll probably post a poll.

Tigs, I didn't really mean the server admins becoming overloaded. I really meant the tourney organizers

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Just my 2pennys worth but i can`t see what use it would be reducing the amount of players per team would be in the reliability stakes (apart from reducing lag, etc on the servers) surely you would just end up with 2 turning up instead of 4 whereas before you had 4 instead of 6....

Surely we are still in early days so far as tourneys are concerned and i personnaly think that this one went great!

Some of the ideas put here are great but lets not try running before we can walk.

Great job everyone anyway, this has been the most enjoyable thing i have ever taken part in on the net

apart from a few thing i can`t mention right now lol

Cheers all

Steve

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Tigs, I didn't really mean the server admins becoming overloaded. I really meant the tourney organizers
    I knew that, but I had sumtin to say and as my wife knows, I just say it

T