Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    This is about much more than oil. It is about humanity, security and many other things that are more often than not overlooked. One big thing that people overlook is IF Saddam built a nucular weapon, JUST HAVING a nuke would cause a huge spike in gas prices. Then I am sure alot of these protestors would shut up quick.
    humanity and generosity is rare, every government wants to recieve the same as they have gave to others. hell, The US sapped the British for 40 years for war supplies/help. The US covered Japanese Unit 771 WW2 war criminals in exchange for medical data.

security? i smell hypocrisy. North Korea is the biggest danger to worldwide security by far. I dont care if Iraq disobeyed UN resolutions for 12 yrs, its a stupid excuse to ignore North Korea, the real danger in this time.

The war on Iraq is a hypocrisy also because rather than stopping terrorism, it fuels more Western hatred in the Islamic world thereby breeding more terrorists.
    AMD Athlon XP2000
    Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe cooler
    1X256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
    1X256MB Hynix PC2100 DDR
    ASUS A7V266-E Motherboard
    80GB Western Digital Caviar 7200rpm ATA100
    LeadTek Geforce 4 TI4200 128MB VIVO card
    Winfast 6XSound CMedia Sound 5.1
    Old amp wif old JVC HI-FI speakers
    17" HITACHI CM615 monitor
    40X Diamond Data CD-ROM
    V770 generic aluminium case

Originally posted by molestedbyasus
    Because the vast majority of supporters are american, while the protests against it are occuring worldwide?
    Americans are the ones being targeted by these extremist. Many in the rest of the world feel safe and comfey, at least right now. If they were looking down the muzzle it would be a different story.
    GA-7N400 PRO
    Barton 2500@3200
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    Windows XP
    2X256 Mushkin 3500 II DDR Dual Ch
    Tornado w/ Thermalright SLK800 HS
    Antec True 550 PS
    Thermaltake Xaser II
    No Pets
    WOW! I could have had an Epox!

I'm tired of this administration pretending to care about Iraqui civilians while dropping bombs on innocents.

Guess I can't be brainwashed as easily as the ignorant.

Originally posted by Drew U
    I'm tired of this administration pretending to care about Iraqui civilians while dropping bombs on innocents.

Guess I can't be brainwashed as easily as the ignorant.
    Drew, I will not enter into debate with you, because you will simply bail out under the cover of "I hate political discussions" once I apply any pressure to your claims. And seeing that you continuely argue out of one side of your mouth for the complete censorship of political discussions and swear you will not involve yourself in them, I find it hard to respond to you here.

Tech Knockout: We ARE dealing with N. Korea, or hadn't you heard that we have 37,000 troops stationed at their border and have even just recently sent 24 bombers to that area? There is no hypocrisy, we are choosing to deal with Iraq FIRST, because at this time we are better equipped to deal with them, and it has finally come to a head. We know N. Korea is a threat, and we are at this time trying to deal with them in a multilateral diplomatic way. If it completely fails, and we are left with no other choice - then war is an option. There is no hypocrisy here.

Mordeth

There is no hypocrisy, we are choosing to deal with Iraq FIRST
    Why deal wif Iraq first when North Korea was still the biggest danger 10 yrs ago? Dont give me this crap about Iraq disobeying UN resolutions, the real threat is, and was 10 yrs ago, North Korea.

Optimus Prime stay out of this, ur constant swearing constantly gets threads locked. I dont want this one to be locked also. moderators : dont lock this thread if he happens to swear regardless
    Last edited by Tech.KnockOut; 03-06-2003 at 07:57 AM.
    AMD Athlon XP2000
    Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe cooler
    1X256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
    1X256MB Hynix PC2100 DDR
    ASUS A7V266-E Motherboard
    80GB Western Digital Caviar 7200rpm ATA100
    LeadTek Geforce 4 TI4200 128MB VIVO card
    Winfast 6XSound CMedia Sound 5.1
    Old amp wif old JVC HI-FI speakers
    17" HITACHI CM615 monitor
    40X Diamond Data CD-ROM
    V770 generic aluminium case

Re: I Am So Sick Of These Antiwar Protesters!

Originally posted by cgk123
    why arent there any pro war/anti-terrorist protests?
    i would definitely march in that.
    how short are these peoples memories? sept 11 was only 18 months ago and alot has been done to fight terror but its no wheres near done by any means.

i dont want any un/usa soldiers to die either but i dont want to live in terror because no one has the stomach to deal with these terrorists.
    what do these people want? the us government to start assasinating these terrorist leaders/Cells behind the scenes with BLACK OPS

i wonder how many of the antiwar protesters would be marching if there was another huge terrorist attack today atfor EG; a sporting event that killed thousands , like up to 40, 000 at superbowl or baseball game?
    No offense to a fellow Saskatchewanian, but come on, this whole terrorism deal is way over blown. Sep 11 was another horrific tragedy, but it is not something that has not been done b4; airliners have been blown up, Oklahoma, ..... the list is long. We have lived with terrorism for half a century, and all of a sudden dubbya comes in, gets everyone worked up, and all are in some sort of "boogeyman" panic.

No offence cgk, but you are more likely to be eaten by a bear or killed by a golf ball in Waskesiu than killed in a terrorist attack. OR die of heart disease from eating too many McRotten hamburgers!! OR just living in PA!! OK, just kidding on that one, PA is a nice city.

Lets keep things in perspective. You may want some sort of action, but there are those of us who don't want another war, who don't want to see ppl die over a bunch of overblown hype. Yes, terrorism is bad, but lets give peace a chance. Iraq has been doomed since dubbya took office.

I think there are those in the world who need to step back and get a little more perspective on the matter. To bad dubbya won't!
    Last edited by nuke; 03-06-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Re: Re: I Am So Sick Of These Antiwar Protesters!

Originally posted by nuke
    No offense to a fellow Saskatchewanian, but come on, this whole terrorism deal is way over blown. Not to make light of a tragedy, but Sep 11 was just a couple of buildings, something that has been done b4, airliners have been blown up. We have lived with terrorism for half a century, and all of a sudden dubbya comes in, gets everyone worked up, and all are in some sort of "boogeyman" panic.

It is laughable.

When thousands of your fellow citizens, friends, and family are murdered, then you can talk. I can't believe anyone in their right mind can say such a thing.

I guess anything is okay, as long as it does not affect YOU....

1) NO SWEARING. Please refrain from using any vulgar language that would offend someone else. Shortcuts to vulgar language does not constitute “no swearing”.

Originally posted by Tech.KnockOut

Optimus Prime stay out of this, ur constant swearing constantly gets threads locked. I dont want this one to be locked also. moderators : dont lock this thread if he happens to swear regardless
    I only swear when provoked....silly!
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 03-07-2003 at 07:23 PM.

1) NO SWEARING. Please refrain from using any vulgar language that would offend someone else. Shortcuts to vulgar language does not constitute “no swearing”. Also who the heck are you to tell me to stay out?
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 03-07-2003 at 07:24 PM.

Re: Re: Re: I Am So Sick Of These Antiwar Protesters!

Originally posted by danny5
    I guess anything is okay, as long as it does not affect YOU....
    Personal attacks/insults, however implied, aren't necessary.

I am merely pointing out that "living in terror" just because of Sep11 is silly, given we have lived with it for decades, and that the likelihood of being killed in such an attack is EXTREMELY low.

Why do I have this vision of Mordeth furiously typing while cursing at Nuke? Oh, maybe it's because Nuke crossed the line by saying that 9-11 was "just a couple of buildings". And what danny5 typed was not a personal insult. Believe me, a few words that I have miraculously refrained from typing were personal insults. And I have a feeling that some here will not have the same restraint.

Also Tech.KnockOut, if you look at the recent rash of potitical thread that have been closed you'll see that I didn't contribute to the closing of the threads, heck I just checked the last few pages of the forum and I didn't even post in the last page of the threads and only posted once in the second to last page...and I didn't swear in that post either.

Nuke,

Although the odds are low that you or I will murdered by terrorism, I have far too much compassion for the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters of the people who have lost family to these senseless acts of terrorism, be it in the US, Scotland, England, or Israel.

To think of this loss of life to thousands as nothing but a "couple of buildings" is a very insensitive statement, IMO. It is obvious that our opinions differ in this regard. And I respect that you have a right to feel any way you like about this matter.

But I do believe that your opinion would change if such an act of terrorism happened in your community, if you had a chance to see your family murdered by terrorism first hand.

Although you may feel that worrying about terrorism is "silly", perhaps those who live in New York, London, Isreal, Locherbe (sp), Belfast, or Munich will probably not agree.

Originally posted by Big Whip
    Why do I have this vision of Mordeth furiously typing while cursing at Nuke? Oh, maybe it's because Nuke crossed the line by saying that 9-11 was "just a couple of buildings". And what danny5 typed was not a personal insult. Believe me, a few words that I have miraculously refrained from typing were personal insults. And I have a feeling that some here will not have the same restraint.
    ALL RIGHT ENOUGH, LETS NOT START A FLAME WAR/THREAD HERE, GIVE IT A REST. JEEEEESH

I was NOT belittling the events of Sep11, despite what you ALL may think, just trying to point out that I THINK living in terror and hatred because of it, given decades of terrorist acts and the relatively VERY LOW RISK of dying in one, is silly.

IF you don't share that, FINE, but stop attacking me for my opinions. IF you have a problem or need clarification with something I've said, ASK OR PM, rather than start a war (irony here)!!!

And while Mordeth undoubtedly disagrees with me (I've come to accept that), from what I've seen of his posting, he would at least try to reason or come to understanding, rather than insult. Well, most of the time.

So give it a rest.

Peace.

nuke

Originally posted by danny5
    Nuke,

Although the odds are low that you or I will murdered by terrorism, I have far too much compassion for the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters of the people who have lost family to these senseless acts of terrorism, be it in the US, Scotland, England, or Israel.

To think of this loss of life to thousands as nothing but a "couple of buildings" is a very insensitive statement, IMO. It is obvious that our opinions differ in this regard. And I respect that you have a right to feel any way you like about this matter.

But I do believe that your opinion would change if such an act of terrorism happened in your community, if you had a chance to see your family murdered by terrorism first hand.

Although you may feel that worrying about terrorism is "silly", perhaps those who live in New York, London, Isreal, Locherbe (sp), Belfast, or Munich will probably not agree.
    TY, a much more measured and reasonable response.

You're right, I don't have first hand experience with terrorism. And it is ALWAYS different when if happens to you, I never disagreed with that. But if you only look at "well, what if it happens to me", you lose all objectivity.

Yes, many ppl live with terrorism on a daily basis. But they still go on with their lives, they "live" with it, and don't get consumed by it, or else the terrorists really DO win.

And to think that another US war, or any number of wars, will somehow magically stop terrorism, is in my mind, ridiculous. A different approach is needed, but if we only act by the toggle switch of an F-15, we will never get that chance.