Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1v1 DM Rules

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Lightbulb Rules

OK Frogs, here's a new one to keep everyone playing. After the great response to the UT2K3 CTF tourney, we've decided that some form of on-going championship would serve well to keep everyone's interest levels up until the next tourney. So, we've decided to introduce a new Fragging Frog 1 on 1 UT2K3 DeathMatch ladder.

It works like this:
    [list=1][*] Each person in the ladder is able to challenge anyone else in the ladder up to five places ahead at the time of the challenge, not the match. Note that folks on the inactive list are not counted for the purposes of identifying who you can challenge.[*] The challenge must be officially made in this thread and played within 7 days. Challenges made by any other means will not be considered official and will not hold in the case of a dispute by another challenge that has been made officially.[*] Challenges cannot be turned down so long as they adhere to the rules laid down here. Arrangements should be made by PM or other suitable alternative.[*] Each player can only have one challenge on at a time. Thus, if a player has an outstanding challenge not yet played, they can neither challenge anyone else, nor can they be challenged.[*] If a challenge is not played within 7 days, it will be considered invalid and removed from the challenge list.[*] The challenger determines the maps and game mods that are used for the match (could be all weapons, instagib, quad jump, whatever whets your whistle).[*] The challenger picks the server, but it cannot be his own. Any of the FF servers should be available for these matches so long as you give the admin plenty of notice.[*] Each match will be the best of at least 5 maps (more can be arranged by mutual agreement).[*] The map winner will be the one with the most frags after 10 minutes of game play (again longer matches can be arranged by mutual agrrement).[*] Any standard or bonus maps can be played (picked by the challenger). Custom maps can only be played by mutual agreement. Note that since it's one on one deathmatch, try to choose small maps.[*] If the challenger wins then the two players swap places on the ladder. If the challenger loses, then nothing happens.[*] A challenger can only challenge each of those above him once per 14 days (so you can't keep playing the same person until you beat them).[*] Just to make sure that everyone stays involved, you are required to play in at least one match every two weeks. For every week beyond that period that you do not play, you will lose one rung on the ladder.[*] To avoid penalties due to inactivity during periods when you know you cannot play, inform me and I will place you on the Out Of Commision list so that no-one can challenge you and you will not receive any inactivity penalties.[*] At the end of the match, PM me with the result. We suggest you take screen pics of the results to ensure there are no debates later, but I don't want copies of these unless there's a dispute.[*] Once your result has been added to the standings, please check that the match result is right.[/list=1]

By way of example,
    • There are 6 players with starting order A, B, C, D, E, F.
    • F could challenge C,D or E but not B or A. E would be able to challenge D, C, or B but not A.
    • If D challenged A and won then the order would become D, B, C, A, E, F.
    • However, if D fails to play for 3 weeks the order becomes B, D, C, A, E, F.
    • If he fails to play for another week, it then becomes B, C, D, A, E, F.
    You can get the current standings from this thread.

Note that we are hoping to introduce ladders for other games including Quake 3 and MOH:AA, but we are currently short of servers for these games. If anyone here thinks they may be able to run a server for a 1-1 match, please let us know in here.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - please use this thread to sign-up for the ladder and ask for rule clarification / or have general discussion
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 05-02-2003 at 08:26 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Count me in!!

RedBox
    Games I play

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention - please use this thread to sign-up for the ladder

I'm in!!!!!
    I'm in too... only because it's been a while since I put shrapnel up your butt.
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

One concern... if each map is 20 mins... and minimum of 5 maps... that's 100mins of game! Don't you think that may be a bit much?
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by Jerky
    One concern... if each map is 20 mins... and minimum of 5 maps... that's 100mins of game! Don't you think that may be a bit much?
    It's not a minimum of 5 maps - it's the best of a minimum of 5 maps. Could be over in 3 in other words, which is only 1 hour.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

So it will just be 2 members hopping and flipping like mad and trying to shoot each other out??

Will it be a little boring after a while?

RedBox
    Games I play

I'm probably gonna regret this, but I'm in.

LOL {Tigress}, I have the same feeling....
    If I remember correctly, you outshooted me yesterday night on your server.

RedBox
    Games I play

After some discussion between the organizers we're gonna make it shorter by making each map 10 minutes.

My rigs My Games

That definitely makes more sense.

Ok, I'm willing to let some fortunate soul run-up his or her frag count.

WOOT!!! We have our first challenge already !!!!! {Tigress} and I will be playing tonight Since I haven't even touched a game in over a month, I think the advantage definitely lies in the tiger's camp (just making my excuses up front )

My rigs My Games

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    WOOT!!! We have our first challenge already !!!!! {Tigress} and I will be playing tonight Since I haven't even touched a game in over a month, I think the advantage definitely lies in the tiger's camp (just making my excuses up front )
    Ah yes, but as you're the one who challenged, you get to pick everything! So I may be runnin' with my tail between my legs soon.

Rancho Santa Margarita (mouthful huh?), CA
    id like to join

DW good job on the win...omg im excited!
    Heatware - pokpok
    contacts-
    jasonpascual at yahoo dot com
    and
    pokpok at cox dot net