View Poll Results: Do you support the proposal on a one week with no political threads?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

18 72.00%
  • NO

7 28.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Everyone has the right to their own political views.

The idea of the General Forum was for people to come, kick back, relax and talk about non computer related issues. Political thread here are destroying that atmosphere. over and over again.

Many of the political threads that are started in the General Forum are interesting, but quickly turn into a flame war, causing bad feelings between participants, many participants will be kicked out soon due to rule infractions in the data base.

There are many other places on the net that are more appropriate for a Political Debates, i.e.,

http://247.aw.com/html/websites/9_8020.html

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bully/start

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/forums.jsp

http://political-talk.com/

http://www.political-debate.com/

http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforum...oliticalDebate

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

I like the idea of having folks go to alternative sites for political debate. Let us not forget that unforturnately the computer industry is not immune from the stuff either.
    coolswing

These are trying times for all. I do not believe we all hate each other for our political views. Some may be heated, others may agree, as stated, we all can find another forum to throw our political weight around. I just want to go out and golf. Anyone for a game of snowgolf in Illinois? God Bless us All.

Originally posted by racerxnet
    These are trying times for all. I do not believe we all hate each other for our political views. Some may be heated, others may agree, as stated, we all can find another forum to throw our political weight around. I just want to go out and golf. Anyone for a game of snowgolf in Illinois? God Bless us All.
    I agree. And God Bless the United States of America.

Mordeth

Originally posted by racerxnet
    Agreed, serious political debate is best in a forum dedicated to it. Then you have everyone with political science background wrecking havoc on each other.

Me, I'm just a blue collar guy. Not Anti American in the slightest.
    When the Republicans constantly knocked Bill clinton never once did I refer to any of them as "Anti American" either.

Originally posted by Drew U

Me, I'm just a blue collar guy. Not Anti American in the slightest.
    When the Republicans constantly knocked Bill clinton never once did I refer to any of them as "Anti American" either.
    And round and round we go.

Mordeth

Nor did I call them a TRAITOR in the truest form of the word

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

Originally posted by Mordeth
    And round and round we go.

Mordeth
    Truth hurt?

When someone is made an example of, people might start to think twice about what they say.

I have things to say to people in PM alot of times, openly even on occasion. Apologetically. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone. What it does for me is make me question myself, even if I don't mean it. Most of the time, the apology stands. No loss if it doesn't. I didn't always feel that way, but it works for me. Maybe I'm not the only one.

When my oldest brother was wed, a man stood up and said the most wise thing I've ever heard. He said there is one phrase that can be the difference between failure and success. The phrase is, "Maybe you're right."

He couldn't have married into a more doomed relationship because of their differences. Except they've been together seventeen years, and are actually relatively happy compared to most nightmares I've witnessed. I think it applies in the least of relationships; acquaintances even.

My little story, take it or leave it.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Do any of the political thread starters EVER HELP people here at amdmb with technical pc related problems aside from me , Chris of Death, Danny 5 , Andrew LB & a few more?

Just wondering. If the moderators were to evaluate all of the threads posted by people who have "infractions" they would be ASTOUNDED to find out only ONE person contributes nothing but OPINION here.
    Last edited by Drew U; 03-07-2003 at 10:25 PM.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by notdrugged
    When someone is made an example of, people might start to think twice about what they say.

I have things to say to people in PM alot of times, openly even on occasion. Apologetically. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone. What it does for me is make me question myself, even if I don't mean it. Most of the time, the apology stands. No loss if it doesn't. I didn't always feel that way, but it works for me. Maybe I'm not the only one.

When my oldest brother was wed, a man stood up and said the most wise thing I've ever heard. He said there is one phrase that can be the difference between failure and success. The phrase is, "Maybe you're right."

He couldn't have married into a more doomed relationship because of their differences. Except they've been together seventeen years, and are actually relatively happy compared to most nightmares I've witnessed. I think it applies in the least of relationships; acquaintances even.

My little story, take it or leave it.
    right on

Originally posted by Palandri
    Nor did I call them a TRAITOR in the truest form of the word
    Palandri, before you start accusing me of mass-labeling protesters as traitors, lets at least get the facts right. I accuse those individuals who go to Iraq, the enemy, and behind enemy lines under the guise of "peace" spew their hatred and venom against my country. In fact, they violate our very underlying American ideals and are unpatriotic by definition. To be patriotic you must love this country. IT IS THE DEFINTION PALANDRI. The acts of Sean Penn are TRAITOROUS. The acts of those who RAIL AGAINST MY COUNTRY ARE NOT PATRIOTIC, and I DEFY you.

Mordeth

Do any of the political thread starters EVER HELP people here at amdmb with technical pc related problems aside from me , Chris of Death, Danny 5 , Andrew LB & a few more?

Just wondering. If the moderators were to evaluate all of the threads posted by people who have "infractions" they would be ASTOUNDED to find out only ONE person contributes nothing but OPINION here.
    To begin, you are in no position to judge the disposition of my posts, nor evaluate my posting habits. I ask you politetly again to stop. Next, I have in fact contributed to a good number of non-political threads, including, but not limited to: space, physics, relativity, a7m266 motherboard, powersupplies, telescopes and so on. Further, I lurk much on the ASUS board, to get information on my A7N8x and A7M266, and THERE IS NO RULE AGAINST THIS.

Mordeth

Originally posted by Mordeth
    Palandri, before you start accusing me of mass-labeling protesters as traitors, lets at least get the facts right. I accuse those individuals who go to Iraq, the enemy, and behind enemy lines under the guise of "peace" spew their hatred and venom against my country. In fact, they violate our very underlying American ideals and are unpatriotic by definition. To be patriotic you must love this country. IT IS THE DEFINTION PALANDRI. The acts of Sean Penn are TRAITOROUS. The acts of those who RAIL AGAINST MY COUNTRY ARE NOT PATRIOTIC, and I DEFY you.

Mordeth
    The baits been laid, but I am not biting

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

Completely irrelivant IMO. If they clicked the I Agree button then that is all that is important. They agreed to the rules. If all they do is come here and post political stuff then be it if it is allowed.