Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The USA has waisted billions and billions of dollars so far on all the preperation.

Experts expect the USA to loose about 750 Billion dollars after the war.

That is not inlcuding the occupation and re-building of Iraq.

All of this to remove just one man???

It is obvious that the goal of the US will bomb Iraq back to the stone age. That way they can care only for survival while the US and British suck the oil from underneath them.

And to further prove that this is about Oil.

On MSN news section, the USA said it would use Iraqi oil to rebuild Iraq.

For every $10, 1 will go to Iraq and 9 will go to the USA. I wish it would go back to taxpayers like me and all of you.

But it would go back in the hands of oil tycoons and major beurocrats and supporter of Bush.

And to top if off, we the American people will be paying premium prices for gas while the above will be making a major profit on gas because they are practically getting it for free.

They are already guaging us "due to the current crisis" even though oil supply from the ME is stable and prices did not go up.

There goes my along with many other Americans spring break and maybe even summer vacations

Personally i think it is just plain wrong to say that this conflict is about oil. I still cannot decide why your government and mine is so bent on war but it seems that they are. The cost of rebuilding iraqs oil infrastructure will mean that oil is not a legitimate reason for attacking the country. Personally i think that the oil thing has been seized on by middle eastern governments in order to make people, who might not understand the real facts behind the war, think the US is greedy and corrupt.

I would say that the US is both of those things myself but in this case i do not think that that is the motive. I just cannot figure out what it might be...
    KIUHB 0325 1800+ @ 2200 (200x11) ~ Thermalright AX-7 w/ panaflo H1A ~ abit NF7-S rev 2 ~ 1Gb crucial DDR (2x256 pc2100, 512 pc3200) ~ Connect 3d radeon 9700pro ~ SB audigy eX ~ 2x IBM deskstar 60Gxp 40Gb in RAID0 ~ CTX PR960F 19" monitor ~ CTX PR500F 15" monitor ~ 550w Q- tec PSU

Originally posted by Soltek Boards

<snip>

I know people are going to start flaming, but ignorance is no exuse and the truth always hurts...
    Ignorance? You would dare speak of ignorance? Your conspiracy theory is a load of bunk - and I use the lightly pejorative term "bunk" to describe the bulk of the liberal lefts views. Mainly because they have no factual or logical basis, but appeal directly, completely, entirely and only to emotion.

It is obvious that the goal of the US will bomb Iraq back to the stone age. That way they can care only for survival while the US and British suck the oil from underneath them.
    So let me get this straight, and for the record - so after we are done removing the murderous dictactor Saddam, I can refer back to this post and call you on it. You submit that we will "bomb Iraq back to the stone age" and then "suck oil from underneath them" and direct it to the "oil tycoons and major beurocrats(sic.) and supporter(s) of Bush"? We will then take "9 of every 10 dollars" and use it to rebuild Iraq(which of course should already have been done anyhow by the murderous dictactor, but let's not talk about that) and raise gas prices to the average American. Is this correct? I wouldn't want to misunderstand you or misinterpret what you are saying.

There goes my along with many other Americans spring break and maybe even summer vacations
    And to top it off, that ruthless oil tycoon Bush is going to ruin our Spring break? Is this your logic? I just want to be clear, because I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.

Mordeth

I always knew the un was a terrorist supporting organization.

Originally posted by sebvanaaken
    Personally i think it is just plain wrong to say that this conflict is about oil. I still cannot decide why your government and mine is so bent on war but it seems that they are. The cost of rebuilding iraqs oil infrastructure will mean that oil is not a legitimate reason for attacking the country. Personally i think that the oil thing has been seized on by middle eastern governments in order to make people, who might not understand the real facts behind the war, think the US is greedy and corrupt.

I would say that the US is both of those things myself but in this case i do not think that that is the motive. I just cannot figure out what it might be...
    I have already given to you the reasons, served up neatly on both plate and platter to be consumed by the lay reader and digested by the inquisitive mind. We can go round and round in circles as it pleases you, but we will continue to come back to my initial statements that stand on their own, independent of all disassociated and biased accusations.

Mordeth

Originally posted by sebvanaaken

<snip>

Mordeth: -
    yes and then freedom- i share your aim, i want the worlds people to live in freedom. however we just have to be careful how we approach this. If we stir up religious hatred in the middle east then more religious dictatorships will spring up (yes i know iraq is a secular state).

Oderint dum metuant.

Mordeth

I havent read all the posts but doesn't anyone dissagree with what the U.S and British are doing? I for one dissagree. The US is just trying to show what they have and picking on Iraq is the easiest way to do it. I for one support the descition that The French and Germans have made and I will be interested to see what side Canada takes.
    Acer Aspire 5672

Mordeth

Time will tell....

Your beef with Sadam is he is a murderous dictator. True. Will so is Hosni Mubarak of Egypt and the USA pays him 3b$ a year just do that as I already said in a previous post.

That Sadam has defied UN resolutions. The UN is nothing more than a rubber stamp for the USA. Sadam fullfils one resolution, the US proposes another one that's even harder to fufill.

Isreal has defied 65+ UN resolutions to date and the US was the only country to use its veto power in Israels Interest.

Mordeth, my viewpoint is shared with 300 million Arabs and 1.3 Billion muslims. That's 1 out of 5 people!

For all of you out there that think this is NOT about oil. Then what is it about????

FYI, the USA will try/test ALL of its new weapons on Iraq.

Originally posted by gabuchholz
    I havent read all the posts but doesn't anyone dissagree with what the U.S and British are doing? I for one dissagree. The US is just trying to show what they have and picking on Iraq is the easiest way to do it. I for one support the descition that The French and Germans have made and I will be interested to see what side Canada takes.
    gabuchholz, I value your opinion and am interested in your thoughts, but please read all the posts - unless you are just a hit and run poster. Everything you have wrote has already been addressed and adequately refuted, ad nauseum.

We do not have to "show what we have". That much is fairly obvious. Save perhaps a few native tribes that reject the current world as we know it, everyone else knows of the might of the USA. If you believe we are attacking Iraq simply to flaunt our power, this is unfortunately not true. Do you think there are any industrialized countries that are unaware of our military might?

Mordeth

Originally posted by gabuchholz
    ...but doesn't anyone dissagree with what the U.S and British are doing? ....
    There's a lot of people here that do disagree with what the US and England are doing, but they won't post it here

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

Re: Mordeth

Originally posted by Soltek Boards
    Time will tell....

Your beef with Sadam is he is a murderous dictator. True. Will so is Hosni Mubarak of Egypt and the USA pays him 3b$ a year just do that as I already said in a previous post.

That Sadam has defied UN resolutions. The UN is nothing more than a rubber stamp for the USA. Sadam fullfils one resolution, the US proposes another one that's even harder to fufill.

Isreal has defied 65+ UN resolutions to date and the US was the only country to use its veto power in Israels Interest.

Mordeth, my viewpoint is shared with 300 million Arabs and 1.3 Billion muslims. That's 1 out of 5 people!

For all of you out there that think this is NOT about oil. Then what is it about????

FYI, the USA will try/test ALL of its new weapons on Iraq.
    Here is our aid to Egypt. http://www.usaid-eg.org/

"Millions of Egyptian citizens, men and women, in all parts of the country and of all ages, now enjoy a higher quality of life as a result of the many programs initiated by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in conjunction with the Government of Egypt. All sectors of the economy, from agriculture to business, from infrastructure to tourism, from health to education to the environment, have benefited from the cooperative efforts of the two countries and from the $24.3 billion in assistance resources that have been devoted to these efforts."

This discussion is about Iraq and the USA and her allies. If you would like to discuss Israel then so be it. But please do not just throw around MAJOR other geopolitical issues in the context of this discussion, as it will detract from the issue at hand. Further, your trump card is hereby trumped - for the security and sovereignty of this great nation known as the U.S.A. trumps neatly 300 million Arabs, 1.3 billion Muslims and any number of other races, cultures or societies. Moreover, I hardly think 1 out of every 5 people should have sway over my country or her policies.

You ask: "what is it about?", and yet I have told you, over and over and over. This question has been asked and answered. Shall we go round and round? Inhumanitas omni aetate molesta est, Soltek.

Mordeth

Originally posted by Palandri
    There's a lot of people here that do disagree with what the US and England are doing, but they won't post it here
    And there are a plethora of people who agree with what the US and England are doing, but they won't/don't post here either.

Mordeth

Originally posted by Palandri
    Some of us have also grown tired of the debate, which have degenerated into shouting matches and mud-slinging, with almost every thread ending with a padlock. I also think that most of us are pretty much set in our own stance on the imminient war, and that any further discussion is seemingly pointless from our viewpoints. Regardless of the facts and half-truths presented in our own arguments, what will eventually transpire will not be affected, much less swayed in one direction, by what's said here.

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Originally posted by PrivatePixel
    Some of us have also grown tired of the debate, which have degenerated into shouting matches and mud-slinging, with almost every thread ending with a padlock. I also think that most of us are pretty much set in our own stance on the imminient war, and that any further discussion is seemingly pointless from our viewpoints. Regardless of the facts and half-truths presented in our own arguments, what will eventually transpire will not be affected, much less swayed in one direction, by what's said here.
    Everyone here is not necessarily trying to "sway" others or change the tide of world opinion. See my post up higher in this thread for my own reasons - selfish as they are.

Mordeth

Originally posted by PrivatePixel
    Well said Private Pixel

Everyone has the right to their own political views.

The idea of the General Forum was for people to come, kick back, relax and talk about non computer related issues. Political thread here are destroying that atmosphere. over and over again.

Many of the political threads that are started in the General Forum are interesting, but quickly turn into a flame war, causing bad feelings between participants, many participants will be kicked out soon due to rule infractions in the data base.

There are many other places on the net that are more appropriate for a Political Debates, i.e.,

http://247.aw.com/html/websites/9_8020.html

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bully/start

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/forums.jsp

http://political-talk.com/

http://www.political-debate.com/

http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforu...PoliticalDebate

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming