Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [FF] Clan

Originally posted by wb22rules on 11-19-2003 at 04:41 PM
    On the Clan deal
    This thread started back when allmost the whole forum was hot and heavy on UT2K3 . We had just finished a team tourney and were in the middle of a ladder match 1 on 1 deal . This thread could be considered the peak of interest in UT2K3 . We here in the FF section of the world have been a bit leery of the word Clan , and the ultra competitiveness that comes with it . The FF have allways been about the fun of Games without the normal mess you see in public servers half the time . We enjoy the luxury of playing each other without any deliberate TKing , or other other loser type behavior in Games , and subsequently , we are very protective of preserving that . But thats not saying , if a group of us decides to actually compete somewhere in a Competitive enviroment , that something detrimental to the community has occured . Which leads us to the AMDX group deal .
    AMDX was formed by forum members , most FF at the time , the non FFs were mods , to play RvS . We all loved the game , and most of us have been playin it since the first MP demo came out in Jan I think . Anyway after 8 months of playin this game amongst ourselves everynight on different AMDX members servers , the push has been made to purchase some server space so we can support 6 ,8 or more players smoothly . As you can imagine , after that amount of time , some of our members have become very adept at this game . Consequently , there is a desire among them to try to compete . I am not threatened by this fact , if they want to compete , great . It isnt gonna bother me if I am "on the practice squad" so to speak , I will still be running around trying to wack Fuzzy,Wartank,Xinco,NumbNuts,E_O etc same as I allways do

I guess what Im trying to say is , normally theres not much ado about clans in here . But in cases of a game being really popular , it comes up . But the thing we are all protective of , is gaming for fun , with players of all skill levels , free of being treated like Dog S as they learn a game . The internet/publicservers are not exactly known for being kind to green players

Well, really, that's what I am trying to say. I was just trying to gauge the intrest for a game that was a bit closer to my heart. If there's no intrest at this time, fine; I can certainly live with that. But on the other hand, I will probably raise the specter again at some point to see if things have changed, be it with an older game like 2K4 or some other newer game that is just starting with popularity.
    If enough people get REALLY interested in something like Halo, well, there you go. If not, it's not going to spoil the fun I have here playing casually with the rest of you guys.
    So, since nobody has come out of the woodwork going "MEMEMEME!", I'll just let it drop. We'll see what happens in another 6 or 8 months

Originally posted by dna on 11-19-2003 at 05:59 PM
    You guys playing with V1.4?
    We're playing V1.41 of the full version.

RB
    Games I play

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by dna on 11-19-2003 at 04:04 PM
    Well, really, that's what I am trying to say. I was just trying to gauge the intrest for a game that was a bit closer to my heart. If there's no intrest at this time, fine; I can certainly live with that. But on the other hand, I will probably raise the specter again at some point to see if things have changed, be it with an older game like 2K4 or some other newer game that is just starting with popularity.
    If enough people get REALLY interested in something like Halo, well, there you go. If not, it's not going to spoil the fun I have here playing casually with the rest of you guys.
    So, since nobody has come out of the woodwork going "MEMEMEME!", I'll just let it drop. We'll see what happens in another 6 or 8 months
    I'm wondering if the new approach to nightly games may satisfy your desire to play a game more frequently with a certain band of folks. Just a thought.

Oh, and of course there's never anything stopping anyone starting something new, even if it's just a regular weekly game with a bunch of us, or even one-off games..... In fact, I'd actively encourage others to take the ball occasionally and run with it. My legs sometimes get tired

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?