Thread: Goals

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Goals

Hey all, here is my post concerning my goals for this sub-Forum.

We know there are a LOT of subjects which are difficult to discuss like polite adults. Mostly, because we have emotional attachments to these subjects; Politics, Religion, Which Video Card to Purchase. The vast majority of the time, threads concerning these (and other emotional) issues end up degenerating into 'Yes it is/No it's not' back and forths, personal insults, swearing, etc.... and the subject gets lost in the flames. It became obvious that the Rules set forth for the Forums by themselves could not engender useful discussion without going down this course.... and the resulting flame threads turned off a lot of the new and regular members of Amdmb.com

So this sub-Forum was created. In here, we can address these issues away from those who don't want to see them. We can have an additional set of Guidelines designed specifically to allow as many opinions to be expressed as openly as possible. We WANT to hear opinions we don't like. We WANT those opinions discussed, agreed with, rebutted... but we DON'T want them demeaned.

If you disagree with an idea/opinion/fact as it is presented here, then by all means post a reply asking first if you understand it correctly, and then rebutting it. It does help to ask if you understand what they mean by what they say... some of us don't speak written English as our primary language, and what we say can be misunderstood fairly easily. Even those who only speak English may not have the skills to express themselves well in print; give us all a break and verify what they are saying before you jump all over them... it will help the discussion tremendously.

In order to facilitate decent discussion, we will NOT allow any swearingor personal insults. Those are against Ryan's forum rules, and will be dealt with as soon as we see it, and with Official Infractions. Those of you who think that I was out of control in General Forum, should reconsider your participation in here, I'm only going to be more strict.

We also have posted some Guidelines, which I encourage you to read and comment upon. We can and will be changing them as the need is observed, so check back often.

Re: Goals

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff
    Those of you who think that I was out of control in General Forum, should reconsider your participation in here, I'm only going to be more strict.
    I, for one, never thought that. You are fair and even handed and consistent. That's all any of us could ask for.

1) NO SWEARING. Please refrain from using any vulgar language that would offend someone else. Shortcuts to vulgar language does not constitute “no swearing”.

Yeah, well I think your opinion sucks and mine is the best, and if you don't like it, *** * ***** * ** * * * ***** !!

J/K

LOLOL! Seriously guys, let's not play that game, it will only confuse the new guys, and make it difficult to be consistant 'nStuff...>Fluff 'nStuff
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 03-14-2003 at 08:47 PM.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Hey how did JM get away with the asterisks???????

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Originally posted by nuke

Hey how did JM get away with the asterisks???????
    Nobody reported the post, did they? C'mon guys, work WITH us, okay?

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff
    Nobody reported the post, did they? C'mon guys, work WITH us, okay?
    PM coming!!!

Just kidding! (Although I did PM you!)