Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    The exe should be amsn right?

Right click on the desktop and choose: Create new -> Link to application...
    In there, go to the "execute" tab and write in the path to your amsn file (for me it is similar to "/usr/files/msn/amsn" but yours will not be there). It will be from wherever you installed it from.

Ok got it to work.

Thanx.

One more quick question.

Though this hasn't happened to me...

What do I do when a program craps out on me? In windows you do alt + ctrl + del, but what do you do in Mandrake?

You can run xkill (its probably in your menu somewhere) where you click on the window you want to kill. Or you can use the command line with kill and killall.

For kill you need to use "ps -A" to get a list of processes and get the pid (process id, all the way on the left) and then use "# kill <pid>" useing -9 (# kill -9 <pid>) means kill indiscriminitly and will end the process McNow, usually -9 is not nessesary.

killall is similar to kill but you get to use the name of the process (note: if you have more than one mozilla running for instance, killall mozilla will kill all of them), -9 also works with this.

Just type [Ctrl][Alt[2 ] (The key above tab, not the digit), that will launch xkill. The icon is expressive. Grab it on the faulty window and click on it.

If your desktop is freezed, [ctrl][Alt][Del].

If that doesn't work, [Ctrl][Alt][F2] will load a console where you can login and type what Eggs told. If it's still messy, just type reboot.

[Ctrl][Alt][F7] will get you back to the GUI.

If still a nogo [Ctrl][Alt[Del] will start the reboot sequence.

If still desperately a nogo, open a window and throw the pc through it

Oh yes and Cntrl+Alt+Backspace will kill the X server with no questions asked (you will lose all work though).
    i code therefore i am