Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CRT or LCD?

Arrow CRT or LCD?

i m getting a new monitor and i m deciding on what to buy

i plan to get a Phillips 202P4 22" Flat display CRT(cheapest 22" CRT in Hong Kong n seems high promising quality ) cuz CRT rox for watching movie and gaming

However, i can get 2-3 15" LCD instead with that price or even a 18" LCD which is extremely good for text based word, programming, etc. Since I am a student n computer wiz without glasses, i dun wanna get too much radiation from the mon too.

ya, LCD looking at another angle may alter the colour
    but CRT looking at another angle create flicker (if u look at it the way i look)

still unsure about what i should get

BASICALLY, I JUST WANNA ASK WHICH ONE WILL U CHOOSE AND WHY? 22" CRT, dual 15" or 18"LCD??

Well if your a gamer go CRT if your looking to be cool and save space and dont care too much about refreshrates or gamming quality go LCD.

Originally posted by Bearded Frog
    Well if your a gamer go CRT if your looking to be cool and save space and dont care too much about refreshrates or gamming quality go LCD.
    True!
    Windows98SE
    A7V BIOS 1012A
    w/900MHz Athlon
    Antec 550 Watt True Power
    VisionTek Ti4600(driver 41.09)
    ViewSonic A75f
    768 Megs of RAM (cas222)
    80GB Western Digital 7200 rpm w/ 8 meg cache
    Viking External Modem ~~230400 Throughput
    Rounded IDE Cables
    and the dreaded SoundBlaster Live card !!!

Buy a CRT for better gaming/movies/cost savings, then use the $300 you save to buy a decent desk...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Originally posted by JungleMan
    Buy a CRT for better gaming/movies/cost savings, then use the $300 you save to buy a decent desk...
    why waste 300 bucks on a desk. Ill use the floor before I pay 300 dollars for a desk. Spend that bitch on computer parts every dime I get goes into some computer part. Even if its only 5 bucks or something ill find something I could use for it.

mr frog is in a cantankerous mood again

best to spend the extra money on a video card and LCD, better quality is much preffered if you ask me

DVI is quite good in terms of image quality

Originally posted by 3dfxrain
    mr frog is in a cantankerous mood again
    I had to look that word up lol!
    cantankerous:
    1. Ill-tempered and quarrelsome; disagreeable: disliked her cantankerous landlord.
    2. Difficult to handle: “had to use liquid helium, which is supercold, costly and cantankerous” (Boston Globe).

What did I say that suggested that I was just kiddin around... You take me too seriously...

why waste 300 bucks on a desk. Ill use the floor before I pay 300 dollars for a desk.

I think that your the only one who knows the answer to this question?

with that said If it was me it would be the CRT..cuz I like to game but if you have a nice video card..you can crank that refresh rate up big time and it wont bother you...I feel your pain there cuz it really bothers me also..IMO

I had to look that word up lol!
    thats funny stuff

why waste 300 bucks on a desk. Ill use the floor before I pay 300 dollars for a desk. Spend that bitch on computer parts every dime I get goes into some computer part. Even if its only 5 bucks or something ill find something I could use for it.
    I was half joking...I wouldn't spend $300 on a desk either, and my parents would probably buy something like that

But don't complain about having a cheap desk and then buy a monitor that'll lose ya functionality!
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

I'd spend close to $300 for a desk. A good desk is very important. Plus I couldn't have a cheap desk, I think my monitor would crush it! It must be like 200 pounds!

Just pullin your chain mr frog

Can anyone answer this question for me please?

What about a LCD monitor that is 19 inches and has a response time of 16ms? Isn't that good enough for gaming and watching movies? and also is an LCD like that just as good as a crt?

I was planning on buying a viewsonic 19" LCD monitor as shown here: http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4257

Seems just as good as an CRT, but better.

Originally posted by awhitney
    Can anyone answer this question for me please?

What about a LCD monitor that is 19 inches and has a response time of 16ms? Isn't that good enough for gaming and watching movies? and also is an LCD like that just as good as a crt?

I was planning on buying a viewsonic 19" LCD monitor as shown here: http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4257

Seems just as good as an CRT, but better.
    Still has problems running in native resolution, and isn't QUITE up to par gaming wise with CRTs. Not to mention it's expen$$$ive

my vote is for CRT until prices fall on the 16ms LCD displays.. the extra 15" in the back just isn't that important to me.. Of course, all situations are different - if space/looks are an issue, LCD all the way