Thread: 8kta3

8kta3

I am working on a system that powers on but goes no where and the bios post stops at 00. What does that mean.

The manual does not show a post code of 00?

Have you tried setting JP1 to 2-3 the clear cmos then back to 1-2?

I to have a EP-8kta3 motherboard that started doing the same thing. Mine however stops on one of two codes.. the 00 like yourself and FF. Now the odd thing is I have to have my CPU host clock (JP5 1-2) jumped at 100 and set the Bios to 133. When it does boot it reads the CPU as 133 and comes right up. However if I try and jump (JP5 2-3) to the 133 it hanges up with the code OC. Now I just dowloaded the new Bios, USDM, Chipset software 4 in 1, and the USB Filter Patch. But before installing all of this I am going to Clear the CMOS (JP1 2-3) to try and fix the problem of the system not booting up. I will let you know how things work out. PS. if you do not hear from me.. well assume the worse.. Yes I made it into a UFO!

Okay... I cleared the CMOS, Flashed the BIOS, and did all the upgrades. I have done now 5 cold boots and every time it has worked normally. I will say though I did double checked all the connections on the mortherboard and removed my Adaptec card because I do not use the scanner any more. So with the combination of everything I have done I must say I am glade to report it's back working again and I did not have to turn it to a UFO or UFMB.

Re: 8kta3

Quote Originally Posted by jgrimard View Post
    I am working on a system that powers on but goes no where and the bios post stops at 00. What does that mean.

If you happen to put one of the LED jumper cables on the reset switch posts, I believe it can give you this issue where you get nothing, no post, similar to if you push the reset switch in on your computer and hold it there.

Thanks all.

Be real, be sober.

this might be the weirdest thread necro i've ever seen. A 10 year old thread bumped by a guy making his first post after being registered for 6 years

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

ahh the good old epox days . kinda miss those days with amd and VIA chipsets
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23