Thumbs up Just Want to Give Y'all a Thumbs Up!

Your TLR Mods, Fluff 'nStuff and JimZ probably didn't tell ya this, but the recently received this award for their hard work in TLR.

Now, not only do I think they're doing a good job, but I also wanted to be sure to thank YOU, the forum members, for helping to make this Forum what it is. Y'all have surpassed our greatest expectations when it comes to making this a lively, yet civil Forum, and we sincerely appreciate the way you protray yourselves in here.

Hats off to all of you!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    They had so little vision, those nay-sayers... I TOLD 'em you guys would make this work!

Thanks for making me right 'nStuff! :thubm:

Yeah man Doc Fluff. See...whats amazing to me still...is the ratio posts/replies to threads. Shows community/involvement. And to the question of this Forum continuing after the War is over? As long as there are opinions that differ...your place will sail along here. I have huge respect for the members that make it work. Yes...even the members that make "us" work. I kid of course. JimZ

Congrats both of you. Things are looking up.
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    AMD 630 Propus @3.22 mhz
    4G XMS DDR3
    Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 160 seagate sata raid 0
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

I just gotta ask...........since the inception of this forum are tensions in other Forums dramatically reduced? ie the General? I am guessing - yes. But just curious. IMO TLR is a forum who's time had come - just in the nick.

btw I still go to the General, but not as often.....

Oh one more thing. We don't seem to attract very much miscellaneous traffic here. Just the usual suspects. Am I all wet on this one? Again, just curious.

Good questions. Somewhat hard to answer but Ill do my best. I think things in GF are probably "less complicated"...and to the extent that folks not wanting to see debates...maybe less tense. I think you are right on with second point...most members that come are here to read and post. I dont see alot of window shopping going on. My 2 cents. JimZ

Originally posted by jimzinsocal
    I think you are right on with second point...most members that come are here to read and post. I dont see alot of window shopping going on. My 2 cents. JimZ
    You're right JimZ. However, the window shopping that does go on is comfortable -- unlike browsing debate threads in the past. That's what I think is so attractive about TLR. All of you, Mods and members alike, have turned a back alley saloon into a respectable pub -- not easy to do!

My feelings exactly Tigress....its these members have community now. I read em havin old fashioned jabs at each other. Been one of the best experiences ever for me. And the posts? Its like going to college...the knowledge here is unreal. And not to single anyone out...but can you imagine having Mordeth as a lawyer? I kid with the guy. Good sport.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Originally posted by TMack409
    I just gotta ask...........since the inception of this forum are tensions in other Forums dramatically reduced? ie the General? I am guessing - yes. But just curious. IMO TLR is a forum who's time had come - just in the nick.

btw I still go to the General, but not as often.....

Oh one more thing. We don't seem to attract very much miscellaneous traffic here. Just the usual suspects. Am I all wet on this one? Again, just curious.
    Let me hit 'em in order, and let you have my opinions...

Tension dropped in other forums, especially GF? Absolutely. And I really DO ascribe it to the birthing of this forum. When these interesting discussions were going on in General, there was always three sides to each arguement:

Those for the subject

Those against the subject

Those against raising the subject in the AMDForums at all.

Since the creation of this forum, we've solved a third of that recipe, which were probably half of the posts, and TWO thirds of the problem posters. Opinion here. For that reason, I lobbied for this forum.... at first I was against creating a separate 'debate' forum, as I thought that it could exist in the GF just fine. Eventually, I was convinced that this would be best... then it was just a matter of figuring out how to do it so that all would be treated fairly. Turns out fair works.... who knew...

Miscellaneous traffic. Rough numbers using the first 25 posts listed as of 09:00 this morning... excluding bar threads and announcements:

25 threads
    520 posts
    Average 20.8 posts per thread
    Average 253 views per thread
    Average 12 views PER POST!!!

Total TLR Numbers:

394 threads
    8296 posts

Average of 21.xx posts per thread
    the site doesn't total the views, and I'm too lazy to count up 394 totals...

But SOMEBODY'S dropping in!!!!

Compare to General's totals, not counting TLR:
    21118 threads
    224183 posts
    Average of 10.6x posts per thread

Seriously though, it's tough to get a feel for who is coming by, so I'll do a census... we'll see how many we can get to drop by and vote... it may be we have 18 members who just LIVE in this forum all day long.... we'll see.

Great response nStuff!

One more observation.........I see some (not a lot mind you) threads in General that, from time to time, look like they need "pushing" over here..... perhaps in so many other words.... I'm not sure everyone knows what TLR is yet....esp newbies.

I see them also....here and there. Its up to Llama/Tawcan/Namek to move them. I can only "send" from here....I cant touch a thing in GF. JimZ

Originally posted by TMack409
    Great response nStuff!

One more observation.........I see some (not a lot mind you) threads in General that, from time to time, look like they need "pushing" over here..... perhaps in so many other words.... I'm not sure everyone knows what TLR is yet....esp newbies.
    If you see threads like that, report the post and in the comments section request its movement -- and if that doesn't work, feel free to PM TheWiseOne or myself.

Yeah man Doc Fluff. See...whats amazing to me still...is the ratio posts/replies to threads. Shows community/involvement. And to the question of this Forum continuing after the War is over? As long as there are opinions that differ...your place will sail along here. I have huge respect for the members that make it work. Yes...even the members that make "us" work. I kid of course. JimZ
    Don't worry Jimz. When the war is over we'll start up with the good ole' Intel vs. AMD threads again!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

good job!

I dont see alot of window shopping going on. My 2 cents. JimZ
    Window shopping? None of that now, we are rushing in and clearing off the shelves and you mods are doing a great job watching for burglers and not getting trampled in the rush!

A: HP Pavilion 6103nr laptop * Intel Core Solo T1350 * 512 MB RAM * 60GB HDD *Win XP Media Edition
    B: Athlon XP 2000@1.7 *Gigabyte GA7VAXP * 1024MB PC2100 * Matrox G550 * (2) 160GB Maxtor * 40GB Maxtor * 16x DVD-ROM * 48X12X48 CDRW * *WinXP Pro
    Headphones: Grado SR 60 * Beyerdynamic DT 770 * Sansa Clip 1GB * Little Dot I+ amp on order