Unhappy need help, take a look please, wont hurt :(

questions

q1. will increase of heat due to massive hrs of gaming decrease fps?

q2. will there be a significant improvement in fps if i change my mobo from AGP 4x to 8x?

q3. will there be a significant improvement in fps if i overclock my graphic card from 275MHz to 300MHz?

1. NO
    2. only in synthetic benchmarks not in 'real life'
    3. see 2.
    Athlon64x2 3800+ / Asus A8N-SLI BIOS 1013
    Leadtek Geforce 7800GTX / 2x512MB Samsung PC3200 CL3
    WD250GB SATA / WD200GB SATA / Seasonic 500W

Re: need help, take a look please, wont hurt :(

Originally posted by !nfineon
    questions

q1. will increase of heat due to massive hrs of gaming decrease fps?

q2. will there be a significant improvement in fps if i change my mobo from AGP 4x to 8x?

q3. will there be a significant improvement in fps if i overclock my graphic card from 275MHz to 300MHz?
    Yes, no, maybe

as for the previous poster....on a poorly cooled card, heat buildup will decrease framerates over a period of hours. try overclocking your card to insane speeds, run a few full runs of 3DMark, then keep running ,and watch your scores go down (unless your case is very well cooled)
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

The answer is a 'NO' to all 3 questions... Especially to the 1st one (whatever Jungleman's opinion in the matter is as it is not really even a matter of opinion).

Actually I agree with JM after ive been playing games non-stop for like 8 hours it starts to pause and junk, I let it cool down for a lil bit and its fine again.

mmmmmmmm

1. no
    2. no
    3. no

1. Good case cooling should eliminate the bulk of your heat. There would be a point of diminishing returns eventually, but I doubt if you'll reach it with your intended overclock. I am not familiar with your manufactuer of your 9700. I have found it harder to push my memory's clock than the GPU's clock Use something like www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/ to test out different settings. Then try it on a benchmark like 3D Mark 2003 or 2001SE and watch the tests to be sure you have no artifacting. (you'll know it if you see it) If you get artifacting, hit Esc button, exit the benchmark ir the artifacting lets you see the Rivatuner go back to a lower setting and try it again.

Again if you have good case cooling you shouldn't worry much, if it does adversly affect your framerate just lower your settings. JM loves pushing to the limits, but heat would be a big factor there. I think he knows more about maximum performance on video cards than anyone here, but I expect thats not quite where you want to go

Try your increases in little steps and you will find a good stable place for your card.

2. I don't think that matters much, but if your Mobo can do it why not.

3. I disagree with the others I did see differences, that on the benchmarks were significant. It could be that it won't translate to gaming all that well. I just feel like its better, I don't have any objective data.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Blah blah to all of you. j/p

Really, it depends. Except for maybe the AGP 8x question, that one is almost always going to be no.

i like my title so much

anywayz....
    my R9700 @ 275MHz looks crap

cant get 100% 75fps all the time with all high quality setting in Battlefield (untick light map) (60-75)

n got like 4X-2Xfps playing AA