Page 339 of 389 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5827

Thread: The Swamp

Re: The Swamp

Have you guys seen this GiantBomb QL of Farming Simulator 2011?

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-farming-simulator-2011/17-3554/

I love simulator games and was interested in the game until I saw that video. Kinda looks like crap. Big in Germany though. lol.

Congrats to Z and O-Dog. Nice to have some good news coming through the swamp!
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

contemplating a format and re-install on the gaming rig

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Congrats to Z and O-Dog. Nice to have some good news coming through the swamp!
    Thanks Len. I've signed the lease today and will be moving in on or about 7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post

contemplating a format and re-install on the gaming rig
    same. my audio has been crackling like mad and its driving me nuts. not sure if a reformat will fix, but since a reformat will only require me installing windows and basic programs I might just do it. No need to back up steam or anything because thats already on a separate drive. not sure when I'll have the time though, my month is pretty much booked!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I've had the upgrade bug for a new monitor. I want something a little bigger and also I'd like to give Buu my current ASUS VW224U Black 22" 2ms which also means the 15" LCD on my daughter's PC can finally be upgraded to Buu's 19". Win-win for everyone it seems, except my wallet I guess

I really wanted an LED model and had my eye on this Asus 23.6" LED but apparently it has a problem with unusual ghosting so I moved on. Newegg has this Asus VH232H 23" 5ms 1920x1080 on sale this weekend for $140 after promo & rebate. The price is great. The reviews look good. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger but I thought I'd get the wise opinions of the Frogs first

It's not LED but I guess I can deal with that. Is 5ms fast enough for gaming? My current LCD is 2ms (GTG) but I don't know how that compares to a regular 5ms. No complaints related to gaming in the user reviews.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

I've had the upgrade bug for a new monitor. I want something a little bigger and also I'd like to give Buu my current ASUS VW224U Black 22" 2ms which also means the 15" LCD on my daughter's PC can finally be upgraded to Buu's 19". Win-win for everyone it seems, except my wallet I guess

I really wanted an LED model and had my eye on this Asus 23.6" LED but apparently it has a problem with unusual ghosting so I moved on. Newegg has this Asus VH232H 23" 5ms 1920x1080 on sale this weekend for $140 after promo & rebate. The price is great. The reviews look good. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger but I thought I'd get the wise opinions of the Frogs first

It's not LED but I guess I can deal with that. Is 5ms fast enough for gaming? My current LCD is 2ms (GTG) but I don't know how that compares to a regular 5ms. No complaints related to gaming in the user reviews.
    response time was an issue back when it was the difference between 20 and 15ms.. below 10ms is not too big an issue. manufacturers all started posting gtg times which makes it an almost meaningless metric.

But, just to put your mind at ease, I have both the 232H and 236H (the 2ms model). they're identical. the 232h was my original monitor and didn't bother putting the 236h in its place. Both monitors came out of the box with a seriously heavy blue push. toned it way down and the colors look a lot better now. I don't have a color meter or anything to do a real calibration, but its fine. LED is just a gimmick, less power and heat and a thinner form factor, but color reproduction is actually worse due to the smaller color gamut. The only LED thats actually a performance enhancement is if they're using a true RGB LED setup. Its probably a moot point on a TN panel anyway

bottom line: i have one and its fine

Trust me, I do science

I wanted to get a match for my ASUS 266H 25.5 but they don't seem to make it anymore. LOL thought I was ordering it but made a mistake and ordered the same one I got for my sister a few months back vw224 1680x1050 instead of 1920 x 1200 damn newegg ordered off my purchased list and looked at the wrong one. Then lost the job so could not justify returning and getting a more expensive model.

Thinking about getting another 1TB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Thinking about getting another 1TB drive.
    As your primary or a backup drive? Keep in mind that the Green are slower performing models. The Black models are best as a primary drive.

I think I've narrowed my LCD choice down to these:

$140 AR - ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 w/Speakers & HDMI
    - Seems like a solid choice with good user review.

$160 - Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1000:1)
    - Customer choice award winner at newegg
    - I like LED tech. Have an LED TV and love it.

$130 - Acer G245HQAbd Black 23.6" 5ms Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 80,000:1 (1,000:1)
    - Must be a new model because NO user reviews.
    - I would have to assume it's good based on the good reviews of the $160 Acer model.
    - Newegg says $50 off so the $130 might be a special limited time price.
    - A little larger screen than the others. I originally wanted a 24" but I'm trying to keep the price down.

Naturally I'm having trouble deciding

As your primary or a backup drive? Keep in mind that the Green are slower performing models. The Black models are best as a primary drive.
    I have an Intel SSD has my boot OS drive. 1TB would just be extra storage.

I already have three drives in my case just plugged into my motherboard SATA ports. No RAID or nothing trick. I think I need to start investigating that stuff.

In other news, I was down in Brandito's neck of the woods. I went to the NHRA pro drag racing in Joliet, IL. Sunburnt my arms and neck real bad. I swear it must of been easily 100 degrees in the direct sunlight. I saw three people pass out from heat exhaustion and paramedics had to come. Even the big dragster cars were having trouble running in the hot weather.

But, spend a day with my dad and saw the big dragster cars go 330 mph in 1/4th a mile in 3 seconds, so, good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I have an Intel SSD has my boot OS drive. 1TB would just be extra storage.

I already have three drives in my case just plugged into my motherboard SATA ports. No RAID or nothing trick. I think I need to start investigating that stuff.

In other news, I was down in Brandito's neck of the woods. I went to the NHRA pro drag racing in Joliet, IL. Sunburnt my arms and neck real bad. I swear it must of been easily 100 degrees in the direct sunlight. I saw three people pass out from heat exhaustion and paramedics had to come. Even the big dragster cars were having trouble running in the hot weather.

But, spend a day with my dad and saw the big dragster cars go 330 mph in 1/4th a mile in 3 seconds, so, good day.
    I've never even been to the chicagoland speedway, or route 66 raceway? what are they calling it anyhow? It's really close to my house too.

I was up in aurora all weekend, went to a party, played beer pong for the first time and won 4 straight games, disgusting game! Went for a bike ride today, the heat and humidity was stifling. Also it's a bad idea to eat fast food before such a bike ride. Had to make a pit stop
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

I think I've narrowed my LCD choice down to these:

$140 AR - ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 w/Speakers & HDMI
    - Seems like a solid choice with good user review.

$160 - Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1000:1)
    - Customer choice award winner at newegg

$130 - Acer G245HQAbd Black 23.6" 5ms Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 80,000:1 (1,000:1)
    - Must be a new model because NO user reviews.
    - I would have to assume it's good based on the good reviews of the $160 Acer model.
    - Newegg says $50 off so the $130 might be a special limited time price.
    - A little larger screen than the others. I originally wanted a 24" but I'm trying to keep the price down.

Naturally I'm having trouble deciding
    i cant handel that screen size, my eyes go crazy. still like my 19's. now that i have 3 of them, i kinda regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    I've never even been to the chicagoland speedway, or route 66 raceway? what are they calling it anyhow? It's really close to my house too.
    Chicagoland Speedway is the 1.5-mile NASCAR track. Route 66 Raceway is the 0.25-mile dragstrip. They're both in the same complex.

Yeah, in the middle of a cornfield. Not much out there. Actually kind of far from Joliet itself.

its a gimmick on a desk monitor. when its your TV on a wall in your living room its one thing, but who are you showing off your PC monitor to? the panel is what matters and they're probably mediocre at best, they just want people to buy an LED model because people think that its somehow different tech from LCD.. sad thing is that its probably the exact same panel between Acer's LED and CCFL models. also, note how the LED model is actually deficient to both CCFL models in terms of max brightness

Trust me, I do science