Page 386 of 389 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389 LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 5827

Thread: The Swamp

Re: The Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Where did that come from ?

And yes, as far as I know starting with 5.56 or so
    I still use iTunes for music/podcast even though I've been buying music from Amazon for 5 years now and iTunes is such a crappy piece of junk I've really had it with iTunes. My music is on my SSD, but iTunes chugs and chugs whenever I switch songs like it's pulling them from an old 4,000 RPM hard drive or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I would guess not considering that CO is odorless... and I'm not dead yet. Damn things been on the fritz all weekend. Working intermittently. We could get it to start by hitting the reset button on it, but it wouldn't restart after stopping. This morning we couldn't get it to start at all.
    Well, if the heat exchanger is cracked, it could be venting CO as well as unburned natural gas. This happened to my aunt and uncle's place a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Well, if the heat exchanger is cracked, it could be venting CO as well as unburned natural gas. This happened to my aunt and uncle's place a few years back.
    Ours is oil heat, not gas, and its all radiators. The house is pretty old-school. They're supposed to come to fix it today, they came yesterday but needed to get some kind of part. I spent last night at my parents house so I could actually have a shower in the morning. I got a terrible nights sleep, but at least I had my cat to keep me company... she seemed excited that I was spending the night

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Finally added my HDTV tuner to my main rig, still need to fix the channel listings

Made an offer on a house today. Short notice but it's up for auction by the bank and tonight the auction ends. Low balled them a good bit, the asking price was the appraisal price but after looking it over it has a lot of little stuff that needs done. Won't be crushed if they don't accept, but if they do, I feel like I've robbed them, of course they robbed the previous owners, so screw em!

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13.../4730633_zpid/

that's the one, not my dream house, but I don't feel like I can go wrong on it, should be able to make a buck on it if I resell and at worst break even or turn it into a rental. I could always use some extra income when I get laid off.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Even at the foreclosure price that's a steal.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

That's what I figured lenny. It's easily the best priced property based on location and shape that is in my price range. taxes are high though, to be expected in that area.

I would prefer a house that needs almost no work, but I'll take it if they accept my offer.

I'll be calling in some favors on family and friends, helped a lot of people with their own houses, doing free or cheap work, time to pay up!

Ugh, for the 3rd straight business day (going back to at least 3/14) I have basically zero cell service at work. VZW has a cell site right next to my building on top of a water tower, but it must be out of commission. On my drive home thursday and friday I saw 2 Alcatel-Lucent (suppliers of VZW's LTE backhaul equipment IIRC, matt can probably confirm) trucks parked outside the shed. It'd be nice if they fixed it soon.

Trust me, I do science

So Sub what happened with the house?

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Didn't get it. Wasn't too upset really. Found a small bungalow I liked more and was going to offer a nice amount over asking and my agent talked me down a bit and I ended up missing that one too. Most of the houses in my price range are bank owned and they tend to auction them. The asking price is usually just the appraisal price so it can be hard to gauge whether to offer more or not. They tend to sell for over asking. Still on the lookout but I could kick myself for not offering more on the bungalow, that place was perfect...for me. Needed a good bit of work but it was so cheap I could have fixed it up easy. Older houses are just plain built better too.

If you're patient I'm sure another will come along

http://www.trulia.com/property/45513...urora-IL-60505

Bank accepted my offer on that beauty today! Still need to get a better look inside. Told some of the other frogs already, the last agent that showed it stole the key, probably to increase the chances for their buyer. Well after looking it over from the windows and seeing some old pictures from previous listings I pulled the trigger anyways.

Going to look it over tomorrow, then I just need to get an inspection, have an attorney look over the contract and I should be a homeowner! I think closing is only a couple weeks away.

Good luck Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    http://www.trulia.com/property/45513...urora-IL-60505

Bank accepted my offer on that beauty today! Still need to get a better look inside. Told some of the other frogs already, the last agent that showed it stole the key, probably to increase the chances for their buyer. Well after looking it over from the windows and seeing some old pictures from previous listings I pulled the trigger anyways.

Going to look it over tomorrow, then I just need to get an inspection, have an attorney look over the contract and I should be a homeowner! I think closing is only a couple weeks away.

Congrats

I have an update on the never ending saga of me trying to purchase a home. The other day while I was viewing the house for the first time and finalizing some signatures, handing over earnest money, the bank holding the house called my agent and left a voicemail. He lets me listen to it and it's bad news, some maniac offered 14 grand over my offer, but they were financing so the bank originally decided to take mine because it was a sure thing being cash. Now I'm already offering a few grand over asking so that puts their offer at 18k over asking, and asking was the appraisal price. The higher ups decided to veto the original decision and take the higher offer.

The house needs a new roof, there's no light fixtures, and there's some other problems that would keep them from getting anything FHA, not to mention with FHA you need to make up the difference with anything over appraisal. Even with a conventional loan there's no way a bank will approve such an insane amount unless they were putting down in cash the difference.

Long story short, the bank decided to get greedy and take the offer that has no chance of closing. I was pretty devastated, to say the least.

Now I just got a call from my agent saying the crazy people backed out and they want to take my offer again, needless to say I'm back in! However this gives me new perspective, house isn't mine till I get the keys. This is the most aggravating thing I've ever done in my life. Told my agent if they take it away again I'm going to absolutely lose it.

The bank that owns it is TCF, which if you don't have them near you, they're a bank that operates their branches out of grocery stores. It's amazing to me that someone would get a mortgage from them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    I have an update on the never ending saga of me trying to purchase a home. The other day while I was viewing the house for the first time and finalizing some signatures, handing over earnest money, the bank holding the house called my agent and left a voicemail. He lets me listen to it and it's bad news, some maniac offered 14 grand over my offer, but they were financing so the bank originally decided to take mine because it was a sure thing being cash. Now I'm already offering a few grand over asking so that puts their offer at 18k over asking, and asking was the appraisal price. The higher ups decided to veto the original decision and take the higher offer.

The house needs a new roof, there's no light fixtures, and there's some other problems that would keep them from getting anything FHA, not to mention with FHA you need to make up the difference with anything over appraisal. Even with a conventional loan there's no way a bank will approve such an insane amount unless they were putting down in cash the difference.

Long story short, the bank decided to get greedy and take the offer that has no chance of closing. I was pretty devastated, to say the least.

Now I just got a call from my agent saying the crazy people backed out and they want to take my offer again, needless to say I'm back in! However this gives me new perspective, house isn't mine till I get the keys. This is the most aggravating thing I've ever done in my life. Told my agent if they take it away again I'm going to absolutely lose it.

The bank that owns it is TCF, which if you don't have them near you, they're a bank that operates their branches out of grocery stores. It's amazing to me that someone would get a mortgage from them in the first place.
    sounds like a soap opera! Is the house in better/worse condition than you expected now that you've had an opportunity to get inside and walk around?

Trust me, I do science