Page 6 of 389 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Swamp

I got it from J1m's link also but you had a choice of many mirrors from that link, I had problems often when it started to render (game start local or net) or acces the driver of the vid card,(change video settings), a good test is the charector select menu It crashed instantly every time without fail, not sure if Megamirrors file is courupted or it got courupted during download but redownloading it from another source and aplying that new patch over the old fixed my problems

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by RavenTai
    only thing i could not get working was the voip as I had the wrong adress but that shouldnt be a problem to setup tonight
    yeah, sorry 'bout that Too busy typing to think about what I was typing j1mb0b.no-ip.info ...... there I can do it right

Glad you got your problem sorted last night RT. I fired up SS for a bit, but couldn't find a single server running the 1.50 patch to test it on-line Should be OK though, it ran beautifully in SP. They have definetly improved the rendering speed with this patch.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

I'm all set for tonight, should be there around 6:30 PST...

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    yeah, sorry 'bout that Too busy typing to think about what I was typing j1mb0b.no-ip.info ...... there I can do it right

Glad you got your problem sorted last night RT. I fired up SS for a bit, but couldn't find a single server running the 1.50 patch to test it on-line Should be OK though, it ran beautifully in SP. They have definetly improved the rendering speed with this patch.

not a problem that is why we test when possible, thanks for setting up a server, what compression do you recomend? the defalt delta sounds prety bad but you can comunicate not sure how much effect on the gam upping to echo or better would have

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Currently, the compression on the server is set to delta. It's also set as server/client so each person's b/w should be relatively unaffected. It was a choice between that and peer-2-peer which may swamp some Frogs' b/w. If the compression really is no good, I can change it. I was looking for something that doesn't use too many CPU cycles (it's my old P2 450, which should be upgraded to a 800 Duron this weekend). I think I have enough b/w if we want to reduce the compression ratio.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

try 68.64.18.214, I have a SSSE server for you to try make sure everything is working. Even tho the patch has fixed some server problems it has created others as far as rendering goes for me
    the 1.50 patch....

Originally posted by j1mb0b
    Currently, the compression on the server is set to delta. It's also set as server/client so each person's b/w should be relatively unaffected. It was a choice between that and peer-2-peer which may swamp some Frogs' b/w. If the compression really is no good, I can change it. I was looking for something that doesn't use too many CPU cycles (it's my old P2 450, which should be upgraded to a 800 Duron this weekend). I think I have enough b/w if we want to reduce the compression ratio.
    if the server is set for delta we will use that it is comunicable just mechanical sounding

I guess I won't be around tonight. We have a basketball game. Oh well... I'll be having fun either way. Have fun fragging.

seems kinda empty in here.........barkeep, I'll have whatever you have on tap........

Evenin' y'all! How'd the Wednesday Wannabe go?

We're heading to test out my server now. Any latecomers, join by Search Internet in the game and look for RedBox's FF Wednesday Wannabes Test Server.

RedBox
    Games I play

I had serious lag even on redbox's server..............

yep no server seamed able to handle the gamewith any more than 4 payers, bad net code

Yeah SS has the worst netcode I have ever run!
    I was going to mention that but decided to give it the benifit of the doubt as there are a few more patches since I last played!

I even played it at a LAN session where we had 9 players on and the lagg was pure pants.. almost unplayable at times, max average pings were 30ish which was poor as well!

Afternoon everyone

feels like Friday today, so the barrels are coming out to play and I feel like drinking till I

Very hot and sunny in Scotland today and the wimin are starting to dress for summer